Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers And Sisters

Brothers And Sisters

Anyone seen the trailers for this? It's coming soon to Channel 4, looks quite good.

This is what I found on the official American site:

Brothers and Sisters is a compelling, new one-hour primetime drama from executive producers Ken Olin and playwright Jon Robin Baitz about the California-based Walker family. In the series, we meet a collection of incredibly intertwined and somewhat damaged adult siblings who embrace one another unconditionally while striving to reflect the perceived perfection of their role model parents. In the days ahead, they will navigate waves of temptation, deception and grief.

Brothers and Sisters follows the Walkers through the maze of American life today -- the pressures, limitless options and the struggle to grow beyond our backgrounds into ourselves. Through these fascinating siblings -- Sarah (Rachel Griffiths), the corporate VP struggling to balance motherhood with career; Tommy (Balthazar Getty), the loyal son and seeming heir to the family business; Kevin (Matthew Rhys), the gay lawyer cautiously learning about love; Justin (Dave Annable), the baby of the family, grappling with war trauma and addiction; and Kitty (Calista Flockhart), right-wing radio host turned TV pundit who has always been Daddy's little girl -- the show explores what it means to be a family in the 21st century, and how these brothers and sisters balance their own lives as they strive to accept their parents as people -- flawed, contradictory and forgivable -- rather than just as a father and mother.

The parents are Tom Skerritt as William Walker, the larger-than-life patriarch and president of the family business, and Sally Field as Nora Holden, the opinionated wife and mother to the five Walker siblings. Then there's Ron Rifkin as Saul Holden, Nora's brother and the company's second in command; John Pyper-Ferguson as Sarah's husband, Joe; Sarah Jane Morris as Tommy's wife, Julia; and Patricia Wettig as the mystery woman who could bring the Walkers and their company down.

Brothers and Sisters stars Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal) as Kitty, Rachel Griffiths (Six Feet Under) as Sarah, Sally Field (Norman Rae) as Nora Holden, Ron Rifkin (Alias) as Saul Holden, Patricia Wettig (thirtysomething) as Holly, Balthazar Getty (Alias) as Thomas, Dave Annable (Reunion) as Justin, Matthew Rhys (Titus, Love and other Disasters) as Kevin, John Pyper-Ferguson (Unforgiven, Nightstalker) as Joe, Sarah Jane Morris (Felicity) as Julia, Emily VanCamp (Everwood) as Rebecca Harper and Kerris Lilla Dorsey as Paige.

Ken Olin (Alias, thirtysomething), Jon Robin Baitz (The Substance of Fire, The West Wing) and Greg Berlanti (Everwood) are executive producers. The series is produced by Touchstone Television.
    Last edited by Bryan; 03-06-2007 at 15:56.

I have seen the trailers, it looks to be a good programme. Rob Lowe is to star in it as well.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

well ive watched it from the start and im enjoying it, i like kitty and justin's bond, although i do like all the sibllings relationships, i like how they appear such a large close family whilst at the same time they all have their own secrets to hide.

balthazar getty also starred in charmed as richard
    Last edited by *-Rooney-*; 03-07-2007 at 22:03.
    Maisie Mouse

I gave up on this last week, really boring and too slow for my liking, couldnt care less about a single character in the show. The sign of a good drama is one that gets you hooked from the start, Brothers and Sisters just didn't do that for me I'm afraid.

Sorry Bryan didn't manage to catch any of this series as it clashes with Rome on BBC2 a much better drama.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

im totally hooked on this show now, theres been quite a few secrets unveiled up to now and i now theres a lot more still to come, justins been called back to the army causing him to have an overdose and kitty to try and bribe the senator, whilst sarah kevin and tommy discover a piece of land that their dad owned which is now worth 30 million but due to to a clause in the contract holly harper owns a 1/3 of it, although she doesnt want 10 million she wants 5 million and 5 million worth of the FAMILY business.

sarah let it slip to kevin and tommy about rebecca their half sister and julia is pregnant.

senator mcallistar offers kitty a job on his communication staff
    Maisie Mouse

7. The Following User Says Thank You to *-Rooney-* For This Useful Post:

RuebenClara (30-12-2008)

I love this show. I saw the trailers and thought that it looked really good. I missed the first two episodes because i was away but ive watched every single episode since then and i'm hooked! I just love every part of it and it has so much depth and meaning. There isnt really many tv shows simular to this one.

~*~ Thanks to Collé For Banner ~*~

OT but Dave Annable who plays Justin is dating Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud

this is a 23 episode series

i wonder when the rest of the family will find out about their half sister rebecca because lets face it , it has to happen, i mean sarah, kevin, tommy and saul know about her now its only a matter of time.
    Maisie Mouse

The show is bacK
    I really like it, its different and okay so its not constant drama and stuff like other american TV series but I really like it.
    Is anyone else still watching it.
    Its on on E4 on sundays at 11pm but I dont know if its on channel 4 yet?

Thread Information