Page 53 of 260 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

Reading through this thread I am well... bewildered??

Ben Ellis and Samantha from I'd Do Anything: Nooooo! That has ruined my day haha... but they looked well sweet together on the show as much as I'm so jealous! Lol

I never knew Fern Britton had a gastric band... however, if it helps her then good for her, after all it's her body and why are the media slating it? Isn't the aim to reduce obesity these days??

Paris Hilton with Benj Madden.. since when? I'm shocked at that let alone rumours of her being pregnant.. even thgouh she's dissmissing it! Still, I see Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton are stilll verrrry similar.. both going for Madden brothers!

As for the most hated women... Natasha Kaplinsky should ahve come higher than that!! I don't know what it is but there's something about her that makes me angry :/

Paris and Benji have been on for a while. Nicole has claimed that Paris is trying to copy her. All Paris needs now is the baby and the ring on the finger.
    Thanks CrazyLea

TV chef needs £86k for Tesco egg fight

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is seeking to raise £86,000 to take his free-range egg campaign to Tesco shareholders.

The television chef wants to propose at the supermarket's annual general meeting that it should only stock products from suppliers meeting RSPCA standards.

Tesco told him he must pay £86,000 for the distribution of documents to all its shareholders.

Fearnley-Whittingstall is now hoping to raise the sum with an auction on his campaign website, with prizes including a meal cooked by the chef at the winner's home.

"I think Tesco should waive this bill, which it is at its discretion to do," he said. "At the same time, it's clear that it doesn't really want this resolution."

Tesco said there may have been no cost if Fearnley-Whittingstall had put in the request before an earlier deadline. The firm said it was "not fair that shareholders should have to pay for all the documents to be produced and distributed".

Bit more on BBC news
    Thanks CrazyLea

James Garner recovering after stroke

James Garner is recovering at home after suffering a minor stroke.

The 80-year-old, who is best known for his roles in TV shows Maverick and The Rockford Files, was admitted to an LA hospital last month after falling ill.

He underwent an operation and was kept in intensive care for three weeks, reports the National Enquirer.

A source revealed that Garner is now regaining his speech, saying: "He's pulling through, but he has a long recovery ahead of him. But he's improved steadily.

"Jim will definitely need intensive physical and speech therapy. Fortunately, he's a fighter - and his wife Lois has been at his side."

The actor's publicist Jennifer Allen said: "His improvement is wonderful."

Garner received a lifetime achievement award from the Screen Actors Guild in 2004.
    Thanks CrazyLea

'Talent' champ struggles to cope with fame

Britain's Got Talent winner George Sampson has sparked fears that he could be too young to cope with fame.

The 14-year-old breakdancer has just started work on the three-week Britain's Got Talent tour and is constantly accompanied by security guards who have been shielding him from overzealous fans.

Sampson is also believed to be upset over stories which have been printed in the press about family disputes.

George's aunt, Carol Roper, told the Daily Star Sunday: "He's only young and he's worried and we're all worried for him. He just wants to grow up like a normal kid and stay at home in Warrington with his family. But he's got to spend the next three weeks touring. It's a lot for a boy his age.

"He misses his family and all the stuff that has come out about his mum and dad falling out hasn't helped. He just wishes they could all get on."
    Thanks CrazyLea

My Family 'son' held on drugs

SITCOM star Gabriel Thomson was arrested yesterday on suspicion of possessing drugs.

A woman who had gone with the My Family star to his home called police to complain cash had gone missing from her handbag.

They arrested Thomson after substances thought to be cocaine and cannabis were discovered.

Thomson, 21, was led in handcuffs from the home. Mum Sally and brother Alex were away.

One neighbour said: “The woman was dressed extremely provocatively for a Sunday afternoon.

“She had on lots of make-up, high heels and a long coat.

“It was as if she was trying to preserve her modesty.

“Gabriel looked out of it.”

Another neighbour in Battersea, South West London, said: “Normally, Gabriel’s very quiet and we only see him when he’s on his skateboard.”

Thomson – nerdy son Michael Harper in the BBC1 hit comedy – was being held at Battersea police station last night.

A police spokesman said: “We were called after a report of an alleged theft and an altercation.

“A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class A and Class C drugs.”

Sick Swayze is back on the box

BATTLING Patrick Swayze is to return to work after a gruelling bout of cancer treatment.

The Dirty Dancing star has been given the all-clear by docs to begin filming TV drama series The Beast.

It will the 55-year-old’s first TV work in years.

Patrick is to play an unorthodox FBI veteran training a partner who is spying on him.

He said: “I can’t wait to get to work on this.

“I’ve searched for quite a long time to find a character so multi-layered, unpredictable and downright entertaining, as well as a project this current and cutting-edged.”

The series is set to air early next year on A&E in America.

Production starts in Chicago shortly.

Network boss Bob DiBitetto said Patrick’s treatment for pancreatic cancer — which included chemotherapy and new drugs — had checked the disease.

He said: “We’re thrilled to have Patrick on board.

“We’ve had candid conversations with him and his doctors and we have a fairly high degree of expectation that Patrick will be good to work a full production schedule.”

Zack Van Amburg, co-president of Sony Pictures TV, who are to make The Beast, added: “It’s amazing, it’s inspiring, and it’s almost unprecedented.”

Well, as we always say, no-one puts Patrick in a corner!

From The Sun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-06-2008)

Sharon Osbourne heads to 'Strictly'?

Sharon Osbourne is being lined up to appear as a contestant on the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, reports The Sun.

Osbourne quit as a judge on ITV's The X Factor last week after several bust-ups with Dannii Minogue and rumours of her requesting a £500,000 pay rise.

A source revealed: "It would make one hell of a TV battle, so don't be surprised to see [Sharon] hitting the dancefloor."

The 55-year-old was scheduled to appear on the US’s Dancing With The Stars last year but withdrew to undergo surgery.

"She's always wanted to do it, so what better time to put on her dancing shoes and go up against The X Factor than when the shows start again in September?" added the insider.

Lulu, Mel B, Charlotte Church and Cheryl Cole are rumoured to be in the running to replace Osbourne on the X Factor judging panel.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Phil goes solo as Fern stays off

THIS Morning star Phillip Schofield will host the ITV1 show on his own today —as Fern Britton refuses to return after a row over her gastric band op.

Bosses expected Fern, 50, back yesterday. But Ruth Langsford, 47 — who stood in after Fern walked last Tuesday — yet again took the helm.

But she is busy today, leaving Phillip, 46, on his own.

Sources say Fern has slumped into a deep depression over the weight-loss surgery row. An insider said: “She is at rock bottom and still fuming with ITV chiefs for not backing her over the operation.”

Bosses were annoyed Fern kept it secret — until it was exposed last week. But she felt it was a personal matter.

Ruth is now on standby for next week’s shows

I don't have a problem with Fern keeping the op private but she should not have made the adverts for the slimming biscuits/wafers/crisps etc. That was deceptive imo.
    Last edited by Perdita; 10-06-2008 at 06:37. Reason: Forgot title

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-06-2008)

Malcolm is 4th child for Ulrika

TV’S Ulrika Jonsson has given birth to her fourth child — a boy called Malcolm.

The tot weighed 10lb and former weathergirl Ulrika said: “I’m delighted and hope my family is now complete!”

Ulrika, 40, married Malcolm’s father, ad executive Brian Monet, 39 — her third husband — in March.

She has another son, Cameron, 13, and daughters Bo, seven, and Martha, four — all by different fathers.

From The Sun

Thread Information