Page 49 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

A young Angelina Jolie has been caught on camera revealing how she killed her childhood pets.

The admission appears on footage taken in a drug den at New York's Chelsea Hotel in 1999, which was obtained by The Sun.

Jolie, who is now known for her humanitarian work, discusses her drugs past and describes sado-masochist sex as "just a cool thing" as a friend smokes heroin next to her.

She also admits to feeling guilty after several pets died in her care, including a mouse which expired when she dyed it blue. A hamster met its maker after catching pneumonia when she took it into the shower, while a pet lizard died after it was left too long in the sun.

The actress, now 32, is also heard saying: “My snake I had - I tried killing him.”

Jolie, who said she used to beat up her friends at the age of 12, was cited by the newspaper as proof that troubled stars can turn themselves around.

She recently vowed to get revenge on Jack Black after he accidentally confirmed that she is expecting twins.

Russell T. Davies to leave 'Doctor Who'

Russell T. Davies, who was behind BBC One's revival of Doctor Who, is stepping down from his role as the show's lead writer and executive producer.

Davies has been credited with the huge success of the series since it was brought back in 2005.

Acclaimed writer and producer Steven Moffat will take over for the next Who series, which will air in 2010.

Davies said: "It's been a delight and an honour working with Steven, and I can't wait to see where his extraordinary imagination takes The Doctor. Best of all, I get to be a viewer again, watching on a Saturday night!"

Moffat has written several Who episodes including 'Blink', for which he won the Writer Award at this year's BAFTAs, series two's 'The Girl In The Fireplace' and, from the current run, 'Silence in the Library'.

"My entire career has been a secret plan to get this job," he said. "I applied before but I got knocked back 'cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven.

"Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television. I say toughest 'cos Russell's at my window right now, pointing and laughing."

Moffat's recent work includes BBC sitcom Coupling and drama Jekyll. He has also written the screenplay for the first in a series of new Tintin movies, to be directed by Steven Spielberg.

The BBC said Moffat and Piers Wenger, who is also joining Who as an executive producer, were already planning the fifth series. There will be no series in 2009, as previously announced.

BBC fiction controller Jane Tranter paid tribute to Davies's work: "Scripts and writers are at the heart of what BBC drama is all about, and especially at the heart of Doctor Who. The past four series have been brilliantly helmed by the spectacularly talented Russell T. Davies."

'N Sync creator jailed for 25 years

Lou Pearlman, who created and managed 'N Sync and the Backstreet Boys, has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for fraud.

The pop mogul conned around $300m (£153m) from more than 250 individuals, including family and friends, and from financial institutions and banks.

In a plea agreement, Pearlman admitted encouraging them to put funds into two companies that did not exist.

Judge G. Kendall Sharp, sentencing in Florida, said the prison term would be reduced by a month for each $1m (£0.5m) that Pearlman returned to victims.

Fair cop I suppose.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Zoe Salmon quits Blue Peter

Salmon became the 30th Blue Peter presenter when she joined in 2004

Blue Peter presenter Zoe Salmon is to leave the BBC One children's show after three-and-a-half years.

The 28-year-old will quit at the end of the current series in June when co-presenter Gethin Jones also says goodbye to the long-running programme.

Law graduate Salmon, a former Miss Northern Ireland, has signed up to present a new gameshow on CBBC.

"I've loved my time on Blue Peter and I've had experiences that I never dreamed I could have," she said.

During her time on the show, Salmon has run the London Marathon, raced in a Formula One car, walked on fire, and trekked to the top of the UK's highest peaks.

'Highlight'

Salmon said she will always "treasure" her Blue Peter Badge.

She said: "[Blue Peter] has taken me to places I never thought I would see, from Japan to Iceland, introduced me to people I never dreamt I would meet, from the Queen to David Beckham, and quite literally gave me the opportunity to do things I never thought I would or could do.

"Life on Blue Peter has been one continuous highlight.

"I grew up watching the iconic show, it's been an incredible privilege and honour to have been part of the fantastic team and I will always treasure my Blue Peter Badge and memories."

Blue Peter editor Tim Levell said Salmon had been a "fantastic presenter".

"Whether she's been strapped to the outside of an aeroplane or had to learn a routine for High School Musical, she has thrown herself into the challenges we have given her with 110% dedication. And children absolutely love her."

Blue Peter will celebrate its 50th anniversary in October 2008.
    Thanks CrazyLea

TV's Monty Don has stroke

CELEBRITY gardener Monty Don has suffered a stroke and will stand down from his presenting duties, the BBC said today.

The 52-year-old frontman of the BBC’s Gardener’s World has been off the programme for the past six weeks after being struck by a minor stroke, it was announced.

In a statement the BBC said the star was making “a good recovery”, while Don himself said he was taking time off over the summer to make a full recovery.

German-born Montagu “Monty” Don followed in the footsteps of Percy Thrower, Geoff Hamilton and Alan Titchmarsh when he took over as the main presenter of the long-running Gardeners’ World in 2003.

It followed stints as the resident horticulturist on This Morning. Other programmes include the Channel 4 series Don Roaming and Real Gardens.

Revealing his health issues today, the BBC said: “Monty Don has decided to stand down as the main presenter of Gardener’s World.

“Monty has presented the series for the past five years but has been off our screens for the past six weeks as a result of a minor stroke.

“Although he is making a good recovery he feels unable to commit to regular filming for a while.”

It added that Don would be “sorely missed by viewers and the production team”.

In a statement, Don said: “I am proud to have led Gardener’s World for the past five years and have enjoyed every minute of sharing my passion with the programmes viewers.

“I intend to take some gardening leave for the rest of the summer to make a full recovery and so that I am ready to tackle new projects.”

Don lives with his wife and three children in a house with a two-acre garden in Herefordshire

I wish him a speedy recovery

McDonald admits departure is "very possible"

Sir Trevor McDonald has confirmed that he is considering leaving News At Ten.

The newscaster told the Daily Mail that it is "very possible" he will depart before the year is out. He made the statement after news of his intentions was leaked to the press yesterday.

"All good things must come to an end," McDonald explained. "I just really haven't got there yet. It might be destabilising if you announce long, long in advance when you are going."

However, he added: "I am 69 in August and you have got to collect your freedom pass sometime."

Reports claim that McDonald's departure will be officially announced in September. It is believed that executives are lining up ITV news presenter Mark Austin as his successor.

I think Sir Trev is great, my friends call him a legend
    Thanks CrazyLea

Nancy hopeful Samantha Barks has started dating former Any Dream Will Do contestant Ben Ellis.

The pair met last week when Ellis and four of his former Joseph rivals performed 'Dancing In The Street' with the remaining I'd Do Anything contestants.

A source told The Mirror: "Sam and Ben really hit it off. Everyone could see there was an instant chemistry between them."

Ellis was eliminated from Any Dream Will Do one week before the final last year. He is currently starring as Link Larkin in a production of Hairspray in the West End.

The remaining Nancys will compete in the semi-final stage of I'd Do Anything tonight. Another contestant must be eliminated in tomorrow's results show.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Its doesnt surprise me, they looked like they were flirting anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    A senior source told us: “Whatever she’s done, viewers have missed watching her exploits.

Well, I cetainly have not missed her and wish she would stay off the TV screen I do not forgive her for her racist abuse and never will.
    Oh god not again, I second that Perdita and that senior source is talking c**p! I think the majority do not actually MISS(ED) her!
    Last edited by .:SpIcYsPy:.; 25-05-2008 at 22:45.

Big Brother contestant Chanelle Hayes has said that she wants to make one of the biggest-selling calendars of 2009.

The reality star, 20, revealed that she is aiming to beat glamour models Lucy Pinder, Gemma Atkinson and Keeley Hazell to the title.

"All the girls are gorgeous and it’s brilliant to even be up there competing with girls who have been in the business a lot longer than me," Hayes told the Daily Star.

"But me, a relative nobody, came fourth this year, which is pretty damn good! Now I want to do even better and maybe knock one out of the way!"

Speaking about her latest photoshoot, she added: "I am so pleased with my new calendar.

"We went out to Marbella in Spain for the shoot and I think it’s the best I have ever done. The pictures are much more sexy than last time."
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Thread Information