Page 42 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

TV host Mark Speight 'found dead'

Family members had been appealing to Mr Speight to contact them

The body of a man, believed to be missing TV presenter Mark Speight, has been found in a remote area of London's Paddington station, police have said.
    Officers are treating the death as "unexplained" but have confirmed that the man had not been hit by a train.
    Mr Speight, 42, disappeared last Monday, three months after the death of his fiancee, Natasha Collins.
    She was discovered in a bath at their flat in London after the pair had taken cocaine, sleeping pills and alcohol.
    The body of the man was found at about 1000 BST at the station.
    Mr Speight's relatives have been informed of the discovery, police said, but a formal identification has yet to take place.

Video footage from CCTV cameras at the station is to be studied by officers as part of their investigation.
    The presenter, who was the host of BBC children's show SMart until February, was reported missing last Monday when he failed to meet Miss Collins' mother as arranged.
    He was recorded on a security camera entering Queen's Park underground station in north-west London.
    Then, 22 minutes later, he boarded a train on the Bakerloo Line, which serves Paddington.

Relatives had made a number of appeals over the past few days, with his father, Oliver, urging him to get in touch and not to "give up" during his time of grief.

The families of both Mr Speight and Miss Collins had issued a joint statement, expressing their "deep concern" and saying he had been in "a fragile state of mind" when he vanished.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 13-04-2008 at 18:12.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    TV host Mark Speight 'found dead'

Family members had been appealing to Mr Speight to contact them

The body of a man, believed to be missing TV presenter Mark Speight, has been found in a remote area of London's Paddington station, police have said.
    Officers are treating the death as "unexplained" but have confirmed that the man had not been hit by a train.
    Mr Speight, 42, disappeared last Monday, three months after the death of his fiancee, Natasha Collins.
    She was discovered in a bath at their flat in London after the pair had taken cocaine, sleeping pills and alcohol.
    The body of the man was found at about 1000 BST at the station.
    Mr Speight's relatives have been informed of the discovery, police said, but a formal identification has yet to take place.

Video footage from CCTV cameras at the station is to be studied by officers as part of their investigation.
    The presenter, who was the host of BBC children's show SMart until February, was reported missing last Monday when he failed to meet Miss Collins' mother as arranged.
    He was recorded on a security camera entering Queen's Park underground station in north-west London.
    Then, 22 minutes later, he boarded a train on the Bakerloo Line, which serves Paddington.

Relatives had made a number of appeals over the past few days, with his father, Oliver, urging him to get in touch and not to "give up" during his time of grief.

The families of both Mr Speight and Miss Collins had issued a joint statement, expressing their "deep concern" and saying he had been in "a fragile state of mind" when he vanished.
    This is so sad. I hope he's found peace with himself now.
    Thanks CrazyLea

poor mark

I feel like I sort of 'know' him as I always watched his episodes on Smart.. he was always so cheerful and talented.. I was hoping he would have been found OKAY instead of declaring he's been found dead.. RIP Mark x

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Very sad. Kind of knew this would be the outcome in a sense. My heart and thoughts go out to both families and to all friends and those who knew him. I hope he's at peace.

What a waste of a young life. Mark was very talented and entertaining when he was on Smart and See it Saw it. Hope he is at peace now and condolences to his family and friends.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Tragic Mark Speight died six days before his body was found at a busy train station, police said last night.

Shocked railway staff at Paddington in West London discovered the children's TV star. It is believed he hanged himself.

Mark, 42, vanished last week. He was in turmoil over fiancee Natasha Collins who died in a scalding bath after a drugs binge. A friend said: "This is devastating."

His body was found in a quiet part of Paddington train station in West London yesterday - six days after he vanished. It is believed he had hanged himself.

As tributes poured in for Mark, his lawyer Nabeel Sheikh said: "He had real difficulties in coping with what happened to Natasha and as a result has taken his life.

"It was too much for him. I didn't think he was dealing with it well, that's been borne out by what has happened. It's an absolute tragedy. The loss of another young person's life.

"His fiancee's family have been through hell and now his own family are too."

Mark's distraught mum Jackie said at the family's home in Wolverhampton: "This is a very difficult time for us.

"We are all extremely upset. The news is absolutely devastating."

Mark, star of CBBC show Smart, was found just hours after his dad Oliver made an emotional appeal for his son to get in touch.

After being told of his son's death he said: "Mark was a wonderful son and brother and he will be very sadly missed."

Police believe Mark died the day he went missing. His body was discovered two days after best friend Stu Goldsmith told how he feared he was on the verge of a breakdown.

Mark vanished five days after 31-year-old Natasha's inquest heard she snorted cocaine and downed wine and vodka before she died at their flat in St John's Wood, North London.

He had been staying with his fiancee's mum Carmen since her death.

A close friend said: "Carmen is absolutely devastated and everyone is in shock."

British Transport Police said Mark was found in a "remote part of the station away from public view". A spokesman added: "The death is being treated as unexplained."

But Stu said police should have done more to find his friend. He added: "They knew there was this man out there who was in a fragile state of mind and they took six days to find him. They should have doubled their efforts.

"I'm devastated. He was my best mate. There were always two sides to Mark, the warm, funny guy which on TV and the sensitive guy which only his close friends knew about.

"I know Mark blamed himself for Natasha's death and it affected him considerably."

Mark's agent Jan Kennedy added: "Mark was truly gifted. He was blessed with a remarkable personality, great artistic talents and the wonderful ability to communicate those skills with people, especially children."

The BBC said: "Mark was a hugely talented and very popular presenter for many years."

In his last interview, Mark told how life "will never be the same without Natasha". He added: A part of me died with her."

From The Mirror

RIP Mark. xx

Presenter Speight left suicide notes

Children's TV presenter Mark Speight left a suicide note at his flat, an inquest has heard.

The 42-year-old was found hanged at Paddington station on Sunday, three months after the death of fiancée Natasha Collins.

The coroner’s court was told that he left a suicide letter in the property in St John’s Wood, North-West London. Another note was discovered on his body.

The SMart host was said to be distraught after Collins's body was found in the bath of the couple's flat on January 3. She was later revealed to have died of an overdose of cocaine and sleeping pills.

Inner West London coroner Dr Paul Knapman said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding Speight's death.

A full inquest will open in May.
    Thanks CrazyLea

holby.tv are sad to report that former CASUALTY actress Rebekah Gibbs has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Rebekah, who played paramedic Nina Farr between 2004-06, was given the news shortly after giving birth to her daughter, Gigi, last January.

Rebekah is publishing a weekly diary 'Rebekah's Journey' with the Daily Mirror updating us of her progress. All of us at holby.tv send Rebekah and her family our support and warm wishes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/yo...bekahsjourney/
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    I feel like I sort of 'know' him as I always watched his episodes on Smart.. he was always so cheerful and talented.. ...
    That's how I felt..I know it's weird but when I heard the news, I mean obviously I was like shcoked but I was quite upset which was strange. It's hard to describe.

I suppose the only good that comes out of this is that Mark & Tash are together again .-0x

Thread Information