Page 145 of 260 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2592

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

eave it to Kanye West to produce one of the most infamous moments in VMAs history before the 2009 show was even an hour old. It happened after Taylor Swift’s victory in the Best Female Video category for “You Belong With Me,” which beat out Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It).” Just moments after Swift accepted the Moonman and began her acceptance speech, West stormed the stage, taking the microphone from Swift to announce Beyoncé deserved the award.

“Thank you so much!” Swift began. “I always dreamed about what it would be like to maybe win one of these some day, but I never actually thought it would have happened. I sing country music so thank you so much for giving me a chance to win a VMA award.”

Before she could continue, West broke in. “Yo Taylor, I’m really happy for you, I’ll let you finish, but Beyoncé has one of the best videos of all time. One of the best videos of all time!” Kanye shouted to a mortified Swift and the speechless audience. And as quickly as he ran onstage — MTV cut away to show Pink applauding Taylor, and when they flashed back to Swift, West already had the mic in his hand — he was off, leaving a shocked Swift in his wake.

Everyone at the Radio City Music Hall looked stunned, as the cameras captured an astonished and horrified Beyoncé still in her seat. Soon after, the audience gave a standing ovation in support of Swift. To add insult to injury, after Kanye handed the microphone back to Swift, her time was up, and MTV cut to a video featuring Tracy Morgan and Eminem.

According to sources at the VMAs, Swift was seen hysterically crying backstage after Kanye’s outburst, making it convenient that her performance of “You Belong to Me,” which immediately followed the acceptance speech, was prerecorded. Wale, who is serving as MC for the house band, told the crowd, “You can’t fault a man for speaking his mind,” which was promptly met by boos from the Radio City Music Hall crowd. According to our sources inside Radio City, Kanye was promptly tossed from the VMAs after interrupting Swift’s speech. “I’m assuming based on the amount of Hennessey I saw [West] drink that he was not all there,” Fall Out Boy’s Patrick Stump told Rolling Stone backstage at the show.

Near the end of the show, Beyoncé invited Swift onstage to have the acceptance speech she deserved while picking up her own Moonman for Video of the Year. Later, West posted an apology on his blog:

“I’m sooooo sorry to taylor swift and her fans and her mom. I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said. She is very talented! I like the lyrics about being a cheerleader and she’s in the bleachers! …………………… i’m in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment!……………. beyonce’s video was the best of this decade! I’m sorry to my fans if I let you guys down! I’m sorry to my friends at mtv. I will apologize to taylor 2mrw. welcome to the real world! everybody wanna booooo me but i’m a fan of real pop culture! No disrespect but we watchin’ the show at the crib right now cause … well you know! i’m still happy for taylor! Boooyaaawwww! you are very very talented! I gave my awards to outkast when they deserved it over me… that’s what it is!! i’m not crazy yall, i’m just real. Sorry for that! I really feel bad for taylor and i’m sincerely sorry! Much respect!!”

'In Bruges' star Colin Farrell and Polish actress Alicja Bachleda are expecting their first child together.

Colin Farrell is to be a father for the second time.

The 'In Bruges' star confirmed he and girlfriend Alicja Bachleda are expecting their first child together at the Toronto Film Festival on Saturday (12.09.09). The baby is due next April.

Colin, 33, has been dating the 26-year-old Polish actress since he split from writer Emma Forrest in February.

Speculation Alicja was pregnant has been building for weeks, after she was photographed with an expanding baby bump.

This will be Colin's second child. He already has a five-year-old son James with model Kim Bordenave.

The Irish actor was jubilant when he made the announcement at the premiere of his latest film 'Triage', but the night later turned sour when photographers asked his sister to move so they could get a clear shot of him.

Colin screamed: "Do not shout at my sister like that. Do not ever speak to my sister like that ever!"

Hi-de-Hi! star Felix Bowness has died at the age of 87, reports the BBC.

Bowness, whose other TV credits included You Rang, M'Lord? and Oh, Doctor Beeching!, appeared in all 58 episodes of the popular holiday resort sitcom as ex-jockey Fred Quilly.

Quilly looked after the horses at the 1950s holiday camp and shared a chalet with Punch and Judy puppeteer Mr Partridge (Leslie Dwyer).

The Berkshire-born actor also made cameos in Dad's Army, Noel's House Party, Are You Being Served? and The Benny Hill Show.

He further worked as a warm-up man for The Two Ronnies and Morecambe And Wise, and was awarded with the famous red book on This Is Your Life in 1985.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...s-aged-87.html

RIP Felix

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. have welcomed their first child together.

The former Buffy The Vampire Slayer star gave birth to daughter Charlotte Grace Prinze on Saturday.

Speaking to People, a representative for the actress said: "The family is over the moon."

Gellar and Prinze married in 2002 and announced that they were expecting a baby in April.

She recently filmed a pilot for the HBO series The Wonderful Maladys, while Prinze has signed on to appear in the new series of 24.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...h-to-girl.html

Congratulations to them. Lovely name for the little girl.

Mackenzie Phillips, the eldest daughter of the late John Phillips, frontman of the Mamas and the Papas, says her father raped her and that they later carried on a consensual incestuous relationship, People.com reported.

Phillips will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show on Wednesday to discuss her new memoir, High on Arrival, and discuss her relationship with her father.

The former One Day at a Time star says the first time she remembers her father having sex with her was when she was 19, the night before her wedding to Jeff Sessler, a member of the Rolling Stones' entourage. "On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it," writes Phillips in her memoir, according to People. She says she passed out from drugs and woke up to find her father having sex with her.

She said after she was fired from One Day at a Time because of her struggle with drugs, she went on tour with the Mamas and the Papas and her sexual relationship with her father became consensual. He wanted them to run away to a country where their sexual activities would be acceptable, she said.

"He was completely delusional," she wrote. "No, I thought, we're going to hell for this."

Mackenzie Phillips, 49, was born to John Phillips and his first wife, Susan Adams, in 1959. John Phillips fathered two other daughters, Bijou and Chynna Phillips, half-sisters to Mackenzie, who have different mothers. He also has two sons, Jeffrey and Tamerlane.

Former Will & Grace star Megan Mullally is "in good spirits" after she broke her wrist in a recent car accident in Beverly Hills

The accident happened in around noon on Sept. 16 when Mullally's car struck another vehicle, according to the Beverly Hills Police Department. Lt. Tony Lee said there was "modest damage to both vehicles." Both passengers were treated for pain and released at the scene, Lee said.

The broken wrist hasn't slowed the actress down. According to her rep, Mullally is still putting in 16-hour days on the set of the Starz series, Party Down, and the Los Angeles play she's starring in, The Receptionist, rearranged its schedule to accommodate her. She also attended the premiere of Fame Wednesday, her rep said.

Grey's Anatomy actress Ellen Pompeo and husband Chris Ivery have welcomed their first child, a girl, her rep tells Usmagazine.com exclusively.

"Her name is Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery," her rep tells Us. "She was born Sept. 15 in Los Angeles."

Pompeo, 39, and the music producer, 41 -- who tied the knot at a small ceremony in 2007 -- announced they were expecting in April.

"It's a huge lifestyle change, and I take that very seriously," she told Allure in 2008 of motherhood. "[Chris and I] enjoy our life so much. We go to Europe and sleep in. So when I have the baby, I won't feel like we've missed any fun, reckless times together, like staying up all night drinking champagne and having sex until five in the morning and not having to get up until two in the afternoon."

Her Grey's costar, Jessica Capshaw, told Us Pompeo was ready to be a mom.

"She is so on top of it, and she is so excited, and she is very sweet about it," she told Us in May. "She is doing her research."

Added Capshaw, "She is exactly the way that she should be about it, which is really excited and hopeful but at the same time really pragmatic and planning. And I think that is the best way for her to be."

The new season of Grey's Anatomy starts Sept. 24. Her costar Katherine Heigl recently adopted a baby girl from Korea.

Jude Law has become a dad for the fourth time reports claim. The Alfie actor had a brief fling with model Samantha Burke over Christmas while he was in New York filming. Last night Samantha gave birth to a girl who she has named Sophia. According to the People a spokesperson has said, ‘Samantha is overwhelmed with joy at the arrival of her beautiful and healthy baby girl Sophia. The baby and mum are doing wonderful.’

Another child growing up without her father.

Roman Polanski was reportedly arrested on Saturday.

According to Contactmusic, the 76-year-old controversial filmmaker has allegedly been taken into custody in Switzerland on a 1978 US warrant, which was issued after Polanski pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl.

The Oscar-winning director fled to France in 1978 and has since been unable to travel to the US due to the issued warrant for his arrest.

Upon arriving in Switzerland, where Polanski was to receive a lifetime achievement award at the Zurich Film Festival today, he was held and brought immediately into custody.

Polanski has directed films including The Pianist, Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...itzerland.html

Thread Information