Thread: Breast augmentation

Breast augmentation

I have decided to have a boob job after thinking about it seriously for over 2 years,ive got my consultation this month and im a bit nervous,has anyone else ever had it done or even gone for the consultation?
    I want to get a few peoples opinions on what size? oval or round? saline or silicon? How much it hurts after? above or below the muscle? What its like at the consultation? im bit scared about getting me boobs out in front of the consultant who is a bloke,i know he's seen it all before but still..
    Thanks in advance

Oh Chance brave you. I don't think I could have the bottle to go through with it. I think saline is safer is it not or do you have to have them redone after a few years whether they are saline or silicon.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    Oh Chance brave you. I don't think I could have the bottle to go through with it. I think saline is safer is it not or do you have to have them redone after a few years whether they are saline or silicon.
    They reckon saline is safer i think but silicone looks and feels more real..They can last up to ten years and then you have them redone again if you want.Im cacking myself leading up to the consultation let alone the op,so we'l have to wait and see whether il have the bottle to see it through,but i really want it done.

Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    I have decided to have a boob job after thinking about it seriously for over 2 years,ive got my consultation this month and im a bit nervous,has anyone else ever had it done or even gone for the consultation?
    I want to get a few peoples opinions on what size? oval or round? saline or silicon? How much it hurts after? above or below the muscle? What its like at the consultation? im bit scared about getting me boobs out in front of the consultant who is a bloke,i know he's seen it all before but still..
    Thanks in advance
    Im going the other way (Im having a reduction on the NHS)

My consults were fine ... I had to get mine out in front of the doc as well ... stand with my arms outstretched while he and a nurse lifted and measured my boobs! It was nerveracking but there is a female nurse with you all the time ... I concentrated on talking to her about crap than about what teh doc was doing!

My op isnt until the end of the year .. so I cant help much more im afraid!

Im hoping to go for a nice D cup ... mine should be nice and lifted as well hopefully!

The shape and size depends on you .. like what is your currnet dress size? you can judge better then what size to go to. Just dont go to big!

x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Em For This Useful Post:

chance (15-04-2007)

Chance how brave are you???????

i cant ever have unneccessary surgery if i wanted it or not.

i had an op on my arm years ago to take out a lump and it scarred really badly - i get keliod scars and the docs advised me against any unmeeccessary operations - apparently if i need a c section when i ahve a baby i have to pre-warn the docs

even though they have taken steps to minimalise it - ive had various treatments over the years, they only work for an initial time so the scars do come back

i think saline is safer from what i have read as your body has a less chance of rejecting it than silicone

Quote Originally Posted by Em View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    Thanks in advance
    Im going the other way (Im having a reduction on the NHS)

My consults were fine ... I had to get mine out in front of the doc as well ... stand with my arms outstretched while he and a nurse lifted and measured my boobs! It was nerveracking but there is a female nurse with you all the time ... I concentrated on talking to her about crap than about what teh doc was doing!

My op isnt until the end of the year .. so I cant help much more im afraid!

Im hoping to go for a nice D cup ... mine should be nice and lifted as well hopefully!

The shape and size depends on you .. like what is your currnet dress size? you can judge better then what size to go to. Just dont go to big!

x
    Im a size 10-12,a friend of mine wanted double d and has it done but they end up smaller and she was a d so shes advised me to go one size bigger then what im planning which is a d,so she reckons to opt for a dd.Im glad you mentioned the nurse with you at all times,i didnt really think of that,but common sense really,the estimate mine will cost me approx £4520!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Chance how brave are you???????

i cant ever have unneccessary surgery if i wanted it or not.

i had an op on my arm years ago to take out a lump and it scarred really badly - i get keliod scars and the docs advised me against any unmeeccessary operations - apparently if i need a c section when i ahve a baby i have to pre-warn the docs

even though they have taken steps to minimalise it - ive had various treatments over the years, they only work for an initial time so the scars do come back

i think saline is safer from what i have read as your body has a less chance of rejecting it than silicone

Im scared to death already,my other half doesnt reckn il go through with it but i reckon hopefully once i get em out at the consultation il be ok with it all,but then again ..

you'll be fine, i got mine out at the doctors a few years ago because i was concerned they (my boobs) were too lumpy - im prone to lumps of tissue forming, like the one in my shoulder

just treat it like any other medical procedure - there is no embarrassment factor

last week i went to the dentist for the first time in years - im terrified of them - its th enoise and i can only just deal with injections in my arm ive never had one in my gob, the bloke turned out to be very fit and im sat ther like a complete baby saying "ow" when ever i got chance, he was really sympathetic when he said my next appointment will involve an injection

neither my boyf or my mum will come with and hold my hand, im suuch a wimp!
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 16-04-2007 at 20:22.

Thread Information