Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Louis Walsh leaves X Factor!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    they did mention something about home schooling but they also raised the point that alot of 14 year olds wont be able to handle the rejection or even the stress of it!!!
    Exactly - look at how the older ones are when they've been rejected etc - it could scar them for a very long time!!

Oh I don't know then CornishBabe, you might possibly be right lol!

Also, out of Vernon Kay, Cat Deeley and Ben Shepherd. I think Ben Shepherd would be the best choice.

I also agree that lowering the age to 14 would be bad. For the 14+ year olds that is.

The age limit thing is definitly a bad idea. As for the presenters i didnt really like Kate but she was good when they got rejected.

As for Louis i liked him.

I think the age been lowered to 14 is so stupid!

They say they worry about 16 year olds doing the live shows because of their nerves, never mind been 14 and live on television!..Silly idea!

I think they should just leave it as it is!

It makes sense using Ben though as Kate was the ITV 2 extra presenter for Pop Idol then when it became to x factor she came to ITV 1 to be the main presenter of the show. So they could continue this on and get some one new to do the ITV 2 presenting.

On GMTV they were interview little Shaun and he said he wouldn't have been able to cope when he was 14. He says it's all down to the individual and if they think they can manage school, the show and the pressure.
    They also talked to the 14 year old girl who pretendend she was 16 to audition "Paris" she was offered a place but then told them she wasn't old enough. She says she's going back again this year.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

From NW

Honestly! Why on earth would Simon Cowell want to replace his old mate, ageing moody Irishman Louis Walsh, with gorgeous glamourpuss Jessica Simpson, do you reckon? Unbelievable, isn't it? And yet that's the current word from the X Factor camp - where Jess is apparently everyone's favourite to fill the empty judge's chair.

Mind you, the next series is going to feature four judges, instead of three, so there's still a vacancy for someone who can bring something fresh and exciting to the show. And that person is rumoured to be Radio One DJ Chris Moyles - who reportedly impressed Sharon and Simon with his stint on Celebrity X Factor last year. Although Moylesy seemed a little bemused by the reports this morning on his breakfast show - claiming he knew nothing about it! (Yeah yeah, just holding out for a bigger paycheck er reckon...)

Meanwhile, the 'new Kate Thornton' is rumoured to be Dermot O'Leary - which might mean we get a little less gushing, and a little more humour, from this year's X Factor presenter. But will he continue Kate's tradition of flirting with Simon, cuddling all the contestants and letting his nipple pop out on live TV?

Gest Lands 'X Factor' Judging Slot?

Music producer and reality TV star David Gest has been lined up to replace Irish music mogul Louis Walsh on British TV show The X Factor. Gest - the estranged husband of Liza Minelli - will reportedly join remaining judges Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne in their bid to unearth the UK's best undiscovered musical talent following Walsh's departure from the program last week. A source tells British newspaper the Daily Mirror, "Talks are well under way and ITV chiefs think David is just what the show needs to give it a new kick. It's just a case of sorting out money and scheduling. Simon Cowell wants someone who would bring some fresh humor to the show and David is such a character. He knows David will be someone who knows what he's talking about. He also wants someone with strong views and who isn't afraid to speak their mind and David's that man." In January, ITV bosses announced plans for Gest's own show, following his success on reality show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! in November. The David Gest Show will air later this year.

The delectable Dermot O’Leary has reportedly turned down an offer to present the X Factor as it would clash with his Big Brother commitments.

A source told Britain’s Daily Mirror newspaper: “Dermot was flattered but the filming would clash with his upcoming commitments for ‘Big Brother’.”

Apparently Simon Cowell is desperate to have a male host after witnessing Ryan Seacrests success on American Idol. Please God don’t ask Vernon Kaye!

Bit of a shame really, i think he would have been pretty good...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-03-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    The delectable Dermot O’Leary has reportedly turned down an offer to present the X Factor as it would clash with his Big Brother commitments.

A source told Britain’s Daily Mirror newspaper: “Dermot was flattered but the filming would clash with his upcoming commitments for ‘Big Brother’.”

Apparently Simon Cowell is desperate to have a male host after witnessing Ryan Seacrests success on American Idol. Please God don’t ask Vernon Kaye!

Bit of a shame really, i think he would have been pretty good...
    Dermot would have been a good host

David Gest good choice!! he is a music producer so he should know what he is talking about.. shame about Dermot, mind you I would like Veron to do it
    Super Mod

Thread Information