Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beckham to Exit Real

He won't manage yet anyway, the news recons he'll go to america to play, which is good for him as he'll still get to play but it would be fantasic for him to finish his career at united but i doubt it very much.

Personally I dont think Beckham is as good a player as he obviously thinks he is. Real obviousl dont think he is that good or they would be playing him every week. He is not as good as he once was and I think it would be terrible for som English/Scottish club to pay a fortune for him when they could probably buy 2 or 3 better players for a lot less. Lets face it he didnt exactly shine in the recent World Cup. Stick to the modelling David. It will make the princess very 'appy
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Beckham confirms LA Galaxy deal
    Thursday, 11 January 2007 4:03

David Beckham is set to become the biggest soccer star in the US

David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and join side Los Angeles Galaxy on a $250 million five-year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skits View Post
    Beckham confirms LA Galaxy deal
    Thursday, 11 January 2007 4:03

David Beckham is set to become the biggest soccer star in the US

David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and join side Los Angeles Galaxy on a $250 million five-year deal.
    That will suit the pouting clothes-horse

$250 million SCANDALOUS

they said hell be earning a million us dollars a week! for running around kicking a ball

Beckham agrees to LA Galaxy move
    David Beckham will leave Real Madrid for LA Galaxy
    Beckham will leave Real Madrid after four seasons
    David Beckham will leave Real Madrid and join Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy at the end of the season.

The 31-year-old former England captain will sign a five-year deal, reportedly worth £128m.

Beckham said: "This week Real asked me to make a decision regarding their offer to extend my contract.

"After considering several options to stay in Madrid or join other major British and European teams, I have decided to join LA Galaxy."

Interview: David Beckham
    Interview: American sports journalist Sean Wheelock
    Replay: David Beckham quits as England captain

In a statement, Beckham continued: "I would like to thank the supporters and people of Madrid who have made my family and I feel so welcome in my time here, making this an extremely difficult decision to make.

I am proud to have played for two of the biggest clubs in football

David Beckham

"I have enjoyed my time in Spain enormously and I am extremely grateful to the club for giving me the opportunity to play for such a great team and their amazing fans.

"I am proud to have played for two of the biggest clubs in football and I look forward to the new challenge of growing the world's most popular game in a country that is as passionate about its sport as my own.

"For the rest of this season I will continue to give 100% to my coach, team-mates and fans as I believe manager Fabio Capello will bring this club and its supporters the success they truly deserve."

Real Madrid confirmed Beckham's departure in a statement, saying: "Both parties have agreed that Beckham will not extend his current contract, which ends on 30 June 2007."

Beckham left Manchester United in July 2003 to sign for Real, who paid £25m for the midfielder's services.

However, in the three-and-a-half seasons since his arrival, the Spanish giants have failed to win any major trophies.

This season has proved particularly disappointing for Beckham, who was dropped by England coach Steve McClaren and then fell out of favour with Real boss Capello.

BBC Sport website reveals LA Galaxy would like to sign David Beckham
    How the BBC Sport website broke the news in November

LA Galaxy admitted their interest in signing Beckham in November, when general manager Alexi Lalas told the BBC Sport website of his admiration for the former England captain.

In an exclusive interview, Lalas said: "The Los Angeles Galaxy are looked upon as the jewel of Major League Soccer.

"We play in the best stadium, we have had incredible success over the history of the league, we have had great individual players and great teams. There's a tradition of excellence.

"All of this leads to this race to become the first MLS super club, if you will.

"It is something we aspire to and in order to do that you have to have quality players, a direction and a passion, a good coach and you have to get credibility domestically and internationally.

"Signing players of Beckham's stature would be a wonderful step in the right direction not just for the Galaxy but for soccer in America."

606: DEBATE
    He's won the FA Cup, Premiership, Champions League, been England captain and played for two of the best sides in the world - if he wants to go and play in America, I don't blame him

CR
    606: Have your say

Beckham is the biggest name to sign up for Major League Soccer since its inception in 1996 and the most famous player to play club football in the US since Pele, Franz Beckenbauer and Johan Cruyff competed in the North American Soccer League in the 1970s and early '80s.

LA Galaxy are owned by sports and entertainment giants AEG, who are also partners in Beckham's soccer academy in Los Angeles.

AEG president Timothy J. Leiweke said: "David Beckham will have a greater impact on soccer in America than any athlete has ever had on a sport globally.

"David is truly the only individual that can build the 'bridge' between soccer in America and the rest of the world."

OMG!!! An obscene amoutt of money!

Seems like Posh got her way though!!

I knew America would have been where hed end up. Psycho admitted he wanted him. Glad he didnt come as he aint as good as he used to be and my theory is once a red always a red.

latest quote from david beckham........

"It's a huge amount of money and it's what most people are talking about over here in Europe," he said. "But I've said before: This move … is not about the money. It's hopefully making a difference in the U.S. with the soccer. … The main thing for me is to improve the soccer and improve the standard and change history really."

lol lol lol i thought this was so funny!!! are we supposed to believe he's not doing it for the money but for the game of football!!!!!!
    POOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk View Post
    latest quote from david beckham........

"It's a huge amount of money and it's what most people are talking about over here in Europe," he said. "But I've said before: This move … is not about the money. It's hopefully making a difference in the U.S. with the soccer. … The main thing for me is to improve the soccer and improve the standard and change history really."

:
    Its not about the money My AR*E. George Best and Pele both went to the US to play football and they made no difference in getting the Americans interested. So I hardly think that Beckham is going to make the slightest difference. David Beckham Soccer Missionary ha ha I think not

Its all about the money, whatever he says. Americans want to play baseball or basket ball not football. Hes kidding himself.

Thread Information