Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Discussion - No Spoilers

Hacker claims Potter book spoiler

A computer hacker has posted on a website what he says is the ending of the final Harry Potter novel.
    He claims to have hacked into the computer system at publishers Bloomsbury and knows who dies in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

A spokeswoman for Bloomsbury played down the claims, saying there were "lots of rumours on the internet."

Author JK Rowling has already said that two characters will die in the book, which is published on 21 July.

A spokesman for the book's US distributor, Scholastic, said: "There is a whole lot of junk flying around. Consider this one more theory."

The hacker - who calls himself "Gabriel" - said he posted the spoiler "to make reading of the upcoming book useless and boring."

Autograph party

Rowling told fans last month to be wary of false rumours regarding the plot.

"There will always be sad individuals who get their kicks from ruining other people's fun," she said on her website.

She hoped, however, that her readers would "embark on the last adventure they will share with [Harry] without knowing where they are they going."

JK Rowling has said she will miss Harry Potter

Rowling is to take part in a marathon overnight autograph session in London to celebrate the publication of the final book.

The author will read from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at the Natural History Museum at midnight on 21 July.

She will then meet 1,700 fans and sign their copies of the book in a session that is expected to last until dawn.

The fans will be chosen in a ballot.

The Potter books have sold 325 million copies worldwide, have been translated into 64 languages and spawned five films.

The fifth film, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, will be in cinemas next month.

Possible clues to book seven.

From mugglenet

OOTP conference yields clue to Book 7

At Saturday's OOTP press conference in London, producer David Heyman was asked which character was referred to when they were advised by JKR not to cut it from the movie. Heyman responded with this:

"Jo reads each draft. She reads each screenplay, and she said, 'You know, I wouldn't do that if I were you. Or you can, but if you get to make a seventh film, you'll be tied in knots.'"

"Which character was it?" he was asked, but Heyman teased, "I thought you might ask that. I'm not going to say."

Luckily, however, MTV News caught up with director David Yates yesterday where he submitted. Please highlight below to see what he said because it contains Book 7 spoilers:

Spoiler:
    “It was Kreacher, actually. We took Kreacher out, and Jo said, ‘Listen guys, you don’t have to put Kreacher back, but I’m just telling you, if you want to kind of keep a thread going for six and seven, you might want Kreacher to come back.’ She basically told us Kreacher plays a role in Seven, in a sense. She hinted. We thought about it for five seconds, and he came back.”

Read more on this here http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/06/25...otter-mystery/ and here http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...06/story.jhtml (links contains spoilers).

__________________________________________________ ___

Behind the scenes looks at the film/set
    An extensive report on how they shot the film and a behind the scenes looks http://www.comingsoon.net/news/inter...s.php?id=21230

__________________________________________________ ___

An interview with the trio about everything... including Rupert's ice cream van! http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/movi...et-part1.shtml
    Last edited by Abigail; 26-06-2007 at 12:12.

News from mugglenet

Scholastic preserving the 'magic moment' http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...637891,00.html
    Time magazine has a fantastic new article on the impending release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It examines the stringent security measures surrounding the handling of the book until its release, and how these are meant, in Scholastic's words, to preserve the "magic moment" of euphoria when the reader finally turns the first page of the book at 12:01 AM on July 21st.

Scholastic won't give out the locations of the printing plants it uses or even how many there are. The finished books travel to stores on pallets, sealed in black plastic, in trucks tracked by GPS.

But Scholastic's reach can extend only so far, and once the books are delivered, security is in the hands of the bookstore owners, all of whom sign a long, tightly worded legal agreement requiring them to keep the boxes unopened until 12:01 a.m. on July 21. "No one here sees them," says Kim Brown, vice president of merchandising at Barnes & Noble, which hires an outside security firm to guard the padlocked trucks in which it stores its copies of Deathly Hallows. "We have our fulfillment centers cordon off a special section for the Harry Potter books," says Sean Sundwall of Amazon.com. "Only a very small number of people are allowed to look at it—or breathe on it—and even a smaller number of people can touch it."

The article does, however, note that while a leak from a large retailer is unlikely, the books are simply kept in a box dubbed "HARRY POTTER" in the smaller bookshops.

Bloomsbury to launch HP box set http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6248342.stm
    Bloomsbury, the UK Harry Potter publisher, has announced plans to release a box set of all seven Harry Potter books on October 1st. An article by the BBC also mentions how the firm is eager to find another hit series after Potter ends.

"Whilst Harry Potter remains a key ingredient in the group's future success, management are now having to look beyond the initial euphoria created, with new authors and acquisitions being sought."

what use is this to all those fans who already have the full set? Unless they come up with something pretty spectacular to put on the cover then not many people are going to be interested in buying another set of books.
    Last edited by Abigail; 29-06-2007 at 23:17.

From mugglenet
    'Deathly Hallows' virus infecting computers'
    PC World is reporting a Harry Potter virus that has surfaced online. Security companies have found emails that contain an attachment suggesting to be Book 7, when in fact it infects the receiver's computer when opened. The worm creates new users on Windows such as "Harry Potter," "Hermione Granger," and "Ron Weasley." Then once Internet Explorer is opened, it redirects users to an Amazon page for "Harry Putter and the Chamber of Cheesecakes."

There are no spoilers contained in this article, as the attachment is fake.

We advise you to be safe on the internet and not to open any suspicious email from an unknown source that claims to have information on Deathly Hallows.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

Author devastated at Potter end

Author JK Rowling has said she felt euphoric but "devastated" as she penned the last words of the final Harry Potter book, The Deathly Hallows.

Speaking on Jonathan Ross' chat show, she said: "When I finished one chapter near the end I absolutely howled."

She also revealed the character of Harry was "totally imaginary" and not based on anyone else, while Ron Weasley was a lot like her oldest friend Sean.

The interview will be broadcast on BBC One on Friday night.

'Sobbing'

She was in a hotel room alone as she finished writing the book.

"I was sobbing my heart out, I downed half a bottle of champagne from the mini bar in one and went home with mascara all over my face, that was really tough," she said.

When asked about whether "scar" was the last word in the book as had been reported, she said: "Scar? It was so for ages, and now it's not. Scar is quite near the end, but it's not the last word."

She also said it had been a "a hell of an achievement" to keep the cast of all the Potter films British.

Nearly 1.6 million copies of the final Harry Potter book have been pre-ordered online ahead of its release on 21 July.

The latest film in the series, The Order of the Phoenix, had its European premiere in London on Tuesday.

The film opens worldwide from 11 July.

Author JK Rowling has said she felt euphoric but "devastated" as she penned the last words of the final Harry Potter book, The Deathly Hallows.
    Speaking on Jonathan Ross' chat show, she said: "When I finished one chapter near the end I absolutely howled."

She also revealed the character of Harry was "totally imaginary" and not based on anyone else, while Ron Weasley was a lot like her oldest friend Sean.

The interview will be broadcast on BBC One on Friday night.

'Sobbing'

She was in a hotel room alone as she finished writing the book.

"I was sobbing my heart out, I downed half a bottle of champagne from the mini bar in one and went home with mascara all over my face, that was really tough," she said.

When asked about whether "scar" was the last word in the book as had been reported, she said: "Scar? It was so for ages, and now it's not. Scar is quite near the end, but it's not the last word."

She also said it had been a "a hell of an achievement" to keep the cast of all the Potter films British.

Nearly 1.6 million copies of the final Harry Potter book have been pre-ordered online ahead of its release on 21 July.

The latest film in the series, The Order of the Phoenix, had its European premiere in London on Tuesday.

The film opens worldwide from 11 July.

I have reserved my copy of the book. I am not going to listen to people I am just going to read it myself. I hate it when people spoil it for everyone else

lol think we posted that at the same time

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    lol think we posted that at the same time
    lol - I got there before you

Great minds think alike hun!!!

Thanks to everyone that has posted the date in here. I was a bit confused over when it was out; I saw one sign that said the 20th and another the 21st.

Thread Information