Thread: Love Island is no more - thats the ITV version, not the SB's one

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

Love Island is no more - thats the ITV version, not the SB's one

ITV has pulled the plug on ailing celebrity reality show Love Island.

The reality show returned this year with the likes of Bianca Gascoigne and Calum Best and hosts Fearne Cotton and Patrick Kielty.

Celebrity was dropped from the title of the second series and the format was altered.

But the show, which was brought back following a glitzy ITV launch, attracted poor viewing figures.

The grand finale was watched by 4.4 million viewers - down 1.5 million on last year when Jayne Middlemiss and Fran Cosgrave won the title.

In the same month, more than 8 million people tuned in to see Tourette's sufferer Pete Bennett win Big Brother.

At ITV1's season launch, the broadcaster's director of television Simon Shaps announced that Love Island had been axed.

He revealed that the broadcaster did not know why the second series had not taken off with viewers, but that it had carried out research to find out.

Mr Shaps said: "I thought the show was terrifically made and terrifically produced. But I just don't think the public appetite, as evidenced by the second year numbers, was strong enough for us to bring it back for a third year."

Other ITV casualties have included It's Now or Never, Celebrity Wrestling, Fat Families, and The Real Good Life.

no more ever!

maybe ig they moved it to when big brother isnt on they might get acfew more viewers, i liked both this year but it was hard as they usually clashed!

shame, it was good viewing

Its a shame as it was up against big brother so it was bound to be thrashed in the viewers vote, but it was still a good laugh. They should put it on before big brother starts say in March or April like they did the first time or maybe in September, I'm sure they would get more people watching it then.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i'm glad they have Axed it cause there are to many reality shows as it is and it can not compete against Big Brother

Really?! But it was going so well... (!)

Well i didnt watch it much as it did have stiff compettion form Big brother.

Thread Information