Thread: £70million Big Brother winner

£70million Big Brother winner

CHANNEL 4 has signed a massive £70million-a-year deal to keep Big Brother for three more years.

Producer Endemol hiked the price from £40million a year after a rival bid from ITV.

But C4 was determined to keep the hit reality show. It now has it until 2010, with the new deal kicking off after next summer’s series.

It covers the main show — hosted by Davina McCall — plus Celebrity Big Brother and spin-offs such as Big Brother’s Little Brother and Big Brother’s Big Mouth.

A TV source last night confirmed: “Channel 4 has triumphed, which is a huge blow to ITV. Bosses there were keen to have it.” ITV had hoped to grab the show to boost its summer schedule.

But losing BB would have been devastating for C4. It gets the channel’s highest ratings and brings in huge advertising revenue.

Nearly eight million viewers saw wacky Pete Bennett, 24, win this year.

C4 said last night: “We are the spiritual home of Big Brother.”

C4 said last night: “We are the spiritual home of Big Brother.”
    Channel 4 is the spiritual home of BB! How dare ITV try and poach it!

I am glad ITV didn't manage to buy Big Brother...its rightful home is on Channel 4 and it's where it stays and where it belongs, so well done C4 for keeping hold of it!

It's going on until 2010 though, quite a long time, i mean i love the show, i just hope they can think of new ideas to keep the viewers interested.

Quote Originally Posted by laurouski
    Channel 4 is the spiritual home of BB! How dare ITV try and poach it!
    how could Itv do any justice to it...oh wait let me guess give us ant and dec as hosts and nikki saunderson grabbing more attention to herself as some sort of singer

goodbye to bblb and big mouth as they dont fit in with itvs scheldule

and for further messure give us the crappest housemates ever

live eviction has to be cut short by trevor mcdonald
    Saving Maves LifeMave and Tabbie a true story brought to you by the PinkbananaRead it or get LUSHED!!

Good!!!!! Channel 4, have to keep it, it wouldnt be right if it had gone to ITV.

Thread Information