Thread: Borat

Borat

This is is really funny i was laughing from beginning to end. I loved Ali G and was so looking forward to Borat and it was very funny. I recommend it even though he is very offensive to certain minorities.

I'm wanting to go and see this. Everyone's said it's really good.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I'm in two minds about whether I want to see this or not
    For those of you who have seen it, would you say it's like over the top comedy. Cause I'm not too keen on over the top stuff.. (if you get me)

i really wanna see this, the trailer looks really funny! but the cinema is soooooooooooo expensive!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

This is a movie that you can watch on several levels. Laugh if you want to, and some of it is funny, but underneath it is quite horrific.

The real people that Cohen is attacking is the American's, he is exposing certain peoples bigoted ideas. He knows that most right minded people would be horrified if someone said, 'let's bomb every man woman in child in Iraq...make it some only a lizard can live there for 1000 years'. But some American's are filmed cheering!

He does many stupid things as Borat, I particularly didn't like the naked scenes, however he does expose some particularly racist ideas.

In one scene he was advised seriously to shave off his moustashe in case he is mistaken for a muslim bomber, apparently without it he would pass for an Itie..

The anti Judeism he gets away with only because he is himself Jewish. He is exposing the ridiculous ideas that some people have regarding Jews - underneath this movie is serious - not a comedy at all.

I saw this the other night and it is sooo funny!!!Its a really bizzarre film but everyone in the cinema was just peeing their pants laughing!(in a sort of horrified laughing way!)I didnt think i would like it but go,its really funny!

im in two minds whether to see it or not. Everyone is talking about it, ive never even heard of it or what it was about. My friend said it was good if you dont take it seriously

really need to see that film that guy makes me laugh and also want to understant why it has caused such contreversy

I really want to see this movie but i haven't got round to seeing it yet! I might go and see it in the Christmas holidays, i think.

Thread Information