Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dot Cotton (June Brown)

In my primary school the head teachers name was June! Weird huh!
    Love Katie
    The wee Scottish lassie

not really, loads of people, especially older people, are called june
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Well i think it's weird so humnom
    Love Katie
    The wee Scottish lassie

Cool Dot Cotton to stay In EE

From Todays SUN

EASTENDERS veteran June Brown WILL play Dot Cotton for another year — after agreeing a new £370,000 contract.

The deal is a huge relief for bosses, who faced losing her in a row over storylines months after big stars like Wendy Richard and Natalie Cassidy quit.

TV Biz revealed in February that June was threatening to leave over scenes which see Dot find a refugee baby abandoned in a church.

But the star has now been talked round and will sign on the Dot-ted line within days.

Last night a BBC insider said: “June is a fundamental part of the soap but she’s 80 and won’t want to work forever. It’s a huge bonus and a relief that she’s agreed to play Dot a little longer. Apart from a break in the 1990s, June has been with us since the show began back in 1985 — and life without her would be unimaginable.

“June may not always agree with her storylines, but she loves the character of Dot and wants to keep playing her. We are thrilled and will carry on finding the best plots and scripts to keep her happy.”

TV Biz can also reveal that June’s next storylines will involve her attempting to give up the fags when England’s smoking ban comes into force on July 1.

The chain-smoking pensioner will try to stub it out after she is told she can no longer light up in the Queen Vic or the launderette where she works.

BBC chiefs are now fighting for the right to smoke on set so characters can still be seen with cigs in their own homes.

An insider said: “Dot won’t give up for good. That just wouldn’t be realistic.”
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Well that's great news, i'm really glad Dot is staying as she is part of the furniture. I don't blame her for wanting to leave before though..i can only see this refugee baby abandoned in a church storyline getting worse, June Brown isn't getting the material she deserves. Dot is an excellent character, and i hope the writers now take note and give her some good stories to work with over the next year.

I like the idea of her next storyline - giving up smoking when the ban comes in, i'm looking forward to this storyline, hopefully June Brown will be happy with the scripts that she will be working with.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    Well that's great news, i'm really glad Dot is staying as she is part of the furniture. I don't blame her for wanting to leave before though..i can only see this refugee baby abandoned in a church storyline getting worse, June Brown isn't getting the material she deserves. Dot is an excellent character, and i hope the writers now take note and give her some good stories to work with over the next year.

I like the idea of her next storyline - giving up smoking when the ban comes in, i'm looking forward to this storyline, hopefully June Brown will be happy with the scripts that she will be working with.
    Hopefully the bosses will realise what a treasure June is and give her scripts worthy of her instead of some of the recent nonsense churned out. At least she is worthy of her huge salary paid by the Licence Payers

Let's hope they dont ruin her character like they did Pauline's and so many others. Dot is an Eastenders legend, I dont want this to change, but it currently looks like she's getting ruined like every other character. What was last nights episode all about, other than a half an hour of sleep time?

Sorry to say it but she's really started to grate on me this past week or so. Never thought i'd say that about Dot
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k7 View Post
    Sorry to say it but she's really started to grate on me this past week or so. Never thought i'd say that about Dot
    I'm afraid i have to agree with you Chris. Well last night, she started to grate on me, this baby she found in the church storyline is absolutely ridiculous! June Brown doesn't deserve material like this, i honestly don't blame her for threatening to leave before, i would have if i was her when i realised i would be involved in a storyline like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k7 View Post
    I dont think its fair to blame June. Look at the dross she has to work with. No wonder she recently threatened to quit

Thread Information