Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Dragons Den

Hilary Devey has left Dragons' Den, it has been announced.

The 55-year-old entrepreneur, who joined the BBC business series in February 2011 following the departure of James Caan, has chosen to instead sign an exclusive two-year deal with Channel 4.

According to the BBC's Ariel blog, Devey will be fronting a new factual entertainment series called The Intern for the channel, where hopefuls will compete to win an internship with a prestigious British business.

However, she will be appearing in the forthcoming series of Dragons' Den, which is currently being filmed in Salford to air in the autumn.

A spokesperson for the BBC said of Devey's departure: "Hilary has been a formidable Dragon in the Den and we're sorry to see her go.

"She will be breathing fire throughout the new series of Dragons' Den in the autumn on BBC Two but this upcoming series will be her last."

Devey made her approximately £50 million fortune by launching Pall-Ex, a palletised freight network, in 1996.

It was also reported earlier this month that she was raped at the age of 12, after Devey revealed the secret in her new autobiography Bold As Brass.

Theo Paphitis has confirmed that he is leaving Dragons' Den.

The entrepreneur, investor and former chairman of Millwall Football Club is leaving to spend more time working on his retail chains, including recent acquisition Robert Dyas.

"After nine intense and fun packed series working with the BBC and the Dragons' Den team, sadly it's time for me to say for the final time, 'I am out'," said Paphitis in a statement issued on Thursday morning (February 7).

"This has not been an easy decision or one that I have taken lightly, but with the workload involved in growing my exciting, successful new lingerie brand Boux Avenue both in the UK and internationally, along with my recent purchase of the Robert Dyas retail chain and the running of the 240 Ryman stationery shops, the time felt right to give up my seat, stop breathing fire and allow someone else to enjoy the wonderful experience of being a Dragon on the BBC hit TV show, Dragons' Den.

"So, it just leaves it for me to say thank you to all past and present Dragons, the brilliant production teams that made the show what it is and of course the BBC for allowing me to participate in the first place.

"Thank you Auntie. I am out. P.S: A big 'good luck' to the new Dragons!"

Paphitis has been with the BBC Manchester-produced show since its second series launched in November 2005.

His departure leaves Peter Jones and Duncan Bannatyne as the longest-standing Dragons, and the only two to have served on all ten series of the show.

Hilary Devey also left the show recently after two series. Her replacement has not yet been announced.

I'm expecting to be asked any time now lol!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Perdita (07-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post

looks like you didnt make the cut
    Last edited by alan45; 19-02-2013 at 16:17.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

The BBC today announces that Kelly Hoppen MBE will be one of the new members of Dragons’ Den for series 11 of the BBC Two show.

With 37 years’ experience at the forefront of the design industry, publishers and businesses continually seek Kelly’s expertise, allowing her to indulge her entrepreneurial instincts. Kelly is the author of seven design books to date and is currently working on her eighth.

Devoted to making her design ethos accessible to the masses, Kelly shares her extensive knowledge in her popular Kelly Hoppen Design School. She also fronted Channel 5’s Superior Interiors in 2011.

As an independent 16-and-a-half year-old with a relentless passion for design, Kelly was given the opportunity to design a family friend’s kitchen. This modest commission not only created a teenage entrepreneur, it kick-started one of the most celebrated and extraordinary careers in the design industry.

Kelly has been the recipient of copious design awards and in 2009 was made an MBE for her services to interior design.

A dedicated supporter of good causes and the championing and nurturing of younger and older British entrepreneurs, Kelly is an ambassador for the Prince’s Trust and the Prince’s Initiative for Mature Enterprise.

Kelly says: “I have always been passionate about championing entrepreneurs, so being able to take it to the next level by investing my money in innovative new businesses is very exciting.

"Having started my design business as a teenager, building a global brand through two recessions, I understand the reality of running a creative business. I’m looking forward to bringing a different perspective into the Den and to hopefully finding an undiscovered gem or two!"

Ceri Aston, Executive Producer of Dragons’ Den, says: “Kelly is an exciting addition to the Dragons' Den line-up. With her creative energy, business acumen and acute sense of style, she embodies everything that's great about British design. I'm thrilled to have her on board.”
    Last edited by alan45; 19-02-2013 at 16:16.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

i was too we are too good for the show

i was too we are too good for the show

I have too many things in the pipeline and had to turn them downn lol

Thread Information