Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Learner Drivers Thread

Yeah, it'll be the first (up to) six letters of your surname followed by six numbers then two letters, one number and two letters. Thats what mine is anyway.
    Thanks CrazyLea

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-04-2008)

Although I have a driving licence, I occasionally check up on my theory knowledge under www.theory-tests.co.uk, it is free and when I did it the first time after driving for, ermmm, a couple of years I actually failed. It is amazing how much I forgot.

Booked my theory :| 30th April. So gonna be doing alot of revising for it . I actually passed a few of the mock tests for once yesterday!! .

i am currently doing my theory it is very confusing being havig driving lessons for a while now plus i got my first car before christmas

I can't wait 'till i'm old enough to drive! a year and 1/2!
    I just took a mock theory test - just for the sake of it and got 28/35! Not too bed me thinks seeing as i've never been behind the wheel. Actually I tell a lie I have reversed the family car down the drive so someone else could get in!

I am sooooo going to fail my theory! I can feel it. I thought booking it would entice me to actually revise. But it hasn't. Going to TRY and spend at least 2 hours a night looking at it from tonight though. Good thing is that I have actually passed some mock tests.. bad thing is... my mate lent me the cd and she did her's last year.. so it's an old one now, only 35 questions!!! So ideally I should get 35/35 on all the 6 mocks, so that I have more confidence that I will pass! How many questions is it now? Is it 50??? How long do you have now also??
    Last edited by CrazyLea; 17-04-2008 at 17:35.

Its 50 questions for the theory, you need to get 43 right. You have ten hazard clips worth 75 marks, you need to get 47 marks to pass the test.

If you pass one part of the test you have to do both again. I can't remember how long you have, its more than an hour.

I shouldn't worry too much. The theory is mostly common sense. You'll pick loads up from just driving round town reading road signs.
    Thanks CrazyLea

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (17-04-2008)

Yeah you will. The official DSA theory CD will help you loads aswell.

I have my practical test next week, is there anything instructors particularly pick on? Parking...Roundabouts? What are majors and what are minors?
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Keep both your hands on the wheel at all times unless you are changing gear. Don't go over the speed limit. Don't pull out unless you are sure that you won't crash and kill someone. When you do a box park you don't have to be straight, you just need to be within the white lines. Don't hold traffic up.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Thanks CrazyLea

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (17-04-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Keep both your hands on the wheel at all times unless you are changing gear. Don't go over the speed limit. Don't pull out unless you are sure that you won't crash and kill someone. When you do a box park you don't have to be straight, you just need to be within the white lines. Don't hold traffic up.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Thanks
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Thread Information