Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EE lost to emmerdale again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EE lost to emmerdale again

did everyone see the mauling EE took on the news,in the papers over emmerdale beating them on tuesday night,is anyone suprised,i'm not,they reached an all time low with only 5.2 million watching and last night they went head to head again ,anyone think enders could have won,or will they have sunk further

Personally I think that Eastenders deserves to sink further because of the crap scripts, lack of viewing time for characters, unfair distribution of decent storylines, all the character "Assassinations" and the "All New Make-Over" which is happening. O.K there are small areas of the soap which I still enjoy and last weeks was o.k.
    However, compared to Emmerdale there is no comparison as Emmerdale has decent and good scripts, Great storylines, Characters have their fair share of viewing time along with decent storylines. Emmerdale really deserves some long over due recognision and I for one am glad that Easties is being pushed down the ratings by it.
    Emmerdale has everything spot on, as far as I am concerened.
    Last edited by Babe14; 14-07-2006 at 11:03.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

i never thought i'd say this babe but i totaly agree with you,ee has been slipping for he last 2 years,its boring,according to a post on DS enders are in deep doo dar with only 3 mill watching last ,if this is correct which wouldn't suprise me,maybe enders might get the message and get themselves some new writers with some immagination before its to late

EE is rubbish! I for one am glad emmerdale is now getting the recognition it deserves.I heard ee got its worst all time low with 3:9 million the other night.

According to the producers etc though Eastenders is doing well (re soap Awards speach) and the scripts are good. They who run the show are very good at cracking jokes now aren't they?

Personally I think that Easties has hit the self destruct button.

P.S Callumc I never thought I'd see the day we'd agree

Quote Originally Posted by chance
    EE is rubbish! I for one am glad emmerdale is now getting the recognition it deserves.I heard ee got its worst all time low with 3:9 million the other night.
    I find Easties very plastic in comparison to Emmerdale etc and it's a sure sign when big names such as "Pauline Fowler" quit after 22 years or are they being pushed? I know what I think!
    Emmerdale is excellent aright now, o.k it too has it's off times but not very often

they need to sto bringing new characters in and focus on the ones they already got, people will always remember den watts but what about max branning...see where im going with this

I've got to produce a newspaper for my A Level Media Studies coursework, one of the articles I'm including is about Emmerdale beating Eastenders in the ratings, here is the article, any feedback would be appreciated

Soap Ratings War:

Emmerdale Thrashes Eastenders!

Thursday’s hour long episode of Emmerdale has once more beaten BBC soap Eastenders in the ongoing war of soap ratings!

Last night’s hour long Emmerdale extravaganza saw an average of 8.3 million viewers tune in, a 43% audience share in its 7pm-8pm timeslot compared to Eastenders 4.5 million viewers, winning a 23% share, almost half of the viewers that tuned in to see the climax to the gripping King hostage storyline.

The Yorkshire based soap opera saw long-term characters Sadie King (Patsy Kensit) and Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley) depart the show last night, with a shocking and sensational end to the dramatic hostage drama that saw Cain kidnap millionaire Tom King and lover Sadie and hold the pair at gunpoint.

This was compared to a rather dull episode of Eastenders that saw newly wed’s Billy (Perry Fenwick) & Honey (Emma Barton) Mitchell come to terms with the fact that newborn daughter Janet had Downes syndrome. Despite it’s emotionally moving action and well written scripts it is set to be a slow burner, and would explain why Eastenders lost out in ratings to ITV soap Emmerdale.

This comes after the hard hitting news that Eastenders faced back in July when it suffered its lowest ratings of all time, averaging just 3.9 million viewers when up against Emmerdale’s hour long episode that saw the Kings River show home explosion, which got 6.7 million in the same time slot.

Emmerdale has seen a steady accent in ratings over the past few years, as the quality of storylines, acting and writing has improved drastically. The show now often beats both Eastenders and its ITV rival Coronation Street in the fiercely contended soap ratings wars, a clear change from the days when it was regularly in third position. It’s hour long episodes almost always beat Eastenders in the ratings, and this is set to continue over the Winter with ITV planning more explosive hour long episodes to go head to head with Eastenders.

An Eastenders spokesman has described the figures as “very untypical, with the average audience per episode being 10 million.” The spokesman went to say that “"Eastenders is a show in good health which has had a strong year both critically and with audiences, and we have an “explosive” Winter planned"

Gone are the days when everyone watched Eastenders regularly and episodes drew in 30.1 million viewers. With this year seeing character assignations, recycled versions of age-old storylines and a bombardment of talentless and dry characters, the future looks bleak for the BBC’s flagship show….

that seems one good peice of coursework you have done,one which if written in the press would be informative without being bitchy and gloating which is the way the tabloids report the soap ratings

Excellent and very professionally written BB. I agree with the above it would be a good press article, as it doesn't come across as back stabbing or bias. The article contains "Fact and Truth", not Lies and Fiction"
    Last edited by Babe14; 09-10-2006 at 09:32.

Thread Information