Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITV want Big Brother!

ITV want Big Brother!

ITV is plotting an audacious swoop for Big Brother in a bid to arrest its ratings decline.

Simon Shaps, the ITV director of television, is understood to have begun courting Endemol, before formal negotiations for a new Big Brother contract begin later this year.

Channel 4 has owned the rights to the hit reality format since it began in the UK seven years ago, but it does not have a rolling contract with Endemol and negotiations for the next deal are expected to begin from the autumn...

...A source familiar with the situation said Mr Shaps would put up an "almighty fight" to win the format.

"Simon is desperate to buy it," the source said. "He is going to put up an almighty fight for it.

"Big Brother is with Channel 4 at the moment and Endemol is quite happy with them but technically it has no home after next year. When it comes to pure financial muscle, ITV could probably beat Channel 4."

If its to take over the place of Love Island please do it ITV. I dont think Peopel will really mind what channels its on really. Just ITV will be geting more ratings with a showe as big as Big Brother.

Big brother is channel 4-ITV will kill it this is what huge companys like ITV do they get something that works well with channel4 so they take (and take my word for it) they ruin it and turn it into trash like CLI (no offence to CLI fans)or celebrity wrestling.

ITV is in trouble when it needs to resort to buying big brother to get ratings
    Last edited by diamond1; 07-08-2006 at 12:30.
    Saving Maves LifeMave and Tabbie a true story brought to you by the PinkbananaRead it or get LUSHED!!

Thats rubbish. ITV will ruin the show for definate. theyd prob get rid of BBLB and BBBM. Theyd change the things that make big brother big brother like dermot and davina. C4 should keep big brother.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Channel 4 should keep Big Brother. I can't see ITV getting it really though - its not as if ITV has a great history with reality shows, so why would Endemol risk ruining the Big Bro format by putting it over with ITV. If they are sensible, they will keep it to Channel 4.

dont bite the hand that feets, channel 4 has done endemol good for the past 7 years... they would be fools to move to ITV now. Its like moving Eastenders to channel five or Coronation Street to BBC 2, it just shouldn't happen!

No It's just not right!! Things will be compleatly different!! No way can they do this!!

NO!!!!! ITV are crap, one of the worst channels ever and i think they'll ruin BB, can just imagine all Paul danan and Calum best on there. NO!!!!!

What! Big Brother on ITV! What are they thinking!
    ITV Will just ruin it! Its a Channel 4 show so it should stay with channel four. ITV are just jelous that they cant think up a programe just as good that will get as many viewers. And god knows they have tried and they've all failed! lol. Channel 4 founded it so ITV would be stealing it its just not fair. Channel 4 have far better programes that the **** they play on ITV. They have really boring Soaps and really boring dramas that they chuck in now and again and Channel 4 have really cool... but weird documentrys that i love watching! there is no comparision. Hope ITV dont get it because i dont think it'd watch it!
    ~*~ Thanks to Collé For Banner ~*~

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxJessxXx
    ..... They have really boring Soaps and really boring dramas that they chuck in now and again and Channel 4 have really cool... but weird documentrys that i love watching! there is no comparision. Hope ITV dont get it because i dont think it'd watch it!
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that - Emmerdale is fantastic at the moment and they have brilliant drama premieres too.

The rights for Big Brother should stay with Channel 4 though (but maybe make it shorter again next time, as to me, its gone on far too long this time)

Thread Information