Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labels

Labels

Nearly everyday I get called a 'mosher' 'goth' and an 'emo'. It really annoys me because I'm not any of these.

People in my form who don't like moshers, goths and emos ridicule me for it even though it's not true. They only think that I am one of them because occasionally I wear dark makeup and I like a little bit of rock music. And they also tell me that I want to die and that's not true either. I'm not against goths or anything it's just that it's not true.

Do you think labelling is right and should I tell someone about it?

Thanks for your help x
    Last edited by Amber; 11-04-2006 at 21:46.
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

labelling is totally wrong in my opinion but its a part of everyday life im afraid, if its really starting to bother you (as it does seem to be getting personal saying you want to die etc) you should maybe confide in someone you trust so the ridiculing could be stopped.

Are they bullying you?

Kids can be cruel with name calling and sometimes you just need to speak to a teacher for them to sort it out.

Oh god, i hate the labelling too, was labelled all my life. Tell your closest friend abt it and try 2 tell the bullies to stop it and grow up but if its get worse then tell a teacher

I think you should tell someone about it, you shouldn't have to listen to that. My friend gets a lot of stick off people who think shes a goth and emo, and it really upset her, but she told our teacher and he helped, and she feels a lot better now. She just tries to ignore people if they say anything, but I don't think its fair at all that you are labelled because of the music you listen to, or what you wear. Maybe you could tell a friend, or tell a teacher? Hope you feel better soon

everybody gets Labelled, it is not nice and sometimes you are labelled incorrectly but it happens.. Talk to your teacher, maybe they can arrange an open discussion on labelling and how it hurt or offends people.
    Super Mod

i get labelled all the time , barbie,princess etc. just say that you hate it and they will soon stop, or they did for me anyway, or tell a teacher.
    im back everyone!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lollymay
    i get labelled all the time , barbie,princess etc. just say that you hate it and they will soon stop, or they did for me anyway, or tell a teacher.
    that is good advice.. I made the mistake of taking a label to heart and I end up having to repeat my finals. I was called a Swat and teachers pet so I stopped studying and hung out with the wrong crowd just to fit in.. Years later I realise how stupid I was
    Super Mod

also you shouldnt change, no matter what people say, you should be happy they way you are and if they dont like it its there problem, not yours.
    im back everyone!!!!!!

It's ok when it's like with your friends cos like me and my mate are always taking the mick of each other going and saying 'Oh you're a chav' 'Oh you're a grebo' it's just harmless stuff with us, but if it's like people who you aren't very friendly with or don't know, it's just wrong because they don't know you well and pre-judging you and saying you do stuff when you don't which is just plain wrong as they don't know your thoughts or anything.

I'd tell someone because you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are, and they shouldn't be exagerating something which isn't even true.

Thread Information