View Poll Results: Do you think Martin & Sonia should Get/keep Chloe?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 70.00%
  • No

8 20.00%
  • Keep in contact

4 10.00%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonia Jackson Fowler (Natalie Cassidy)

Quote Originally Posted by chance
    i thought the law was that once you have signed the papers you have signed the child away for good unless that child wishes to find you when it grows up?
    It is, but I don't think it's always as simple as that. I think the only way Martin and Sonia could get Rebecca back is if she was put back into the adoption system. I suppose this could happen if the adopted gran couldn't look after her (and it seemed Neil's cousin didn't think she was coping very well). To be honest I'm not very well informed about this subject, I think it's better to hear about it from an expert.

But if the parents are dead then i dont know who better than the child to go back to its real parents. I dont se the problem

Quote Originally Posted by cornetgal
    But if the parents are dead then i dont know who better than the child to go back to its real parents. I dont se the problem
    Sonia gave Chloe up for adoption, so she doesn't at this moment have rights to the child. If the adopted parents are dead, their family would get first priority. The adopted grandmother has now taken over custody of Rebecca, I'm not sure if it's a permanent arrangement.

I think it's really sad that Sonia is not allowed access to her own daughter. When she gave her up, Sue and Neil Miller were quite understanding to her predicament, she was allowed to send cards and presents on Chloe's birthday. But when things got too much for Sonia and she ended up kidnapping her, they moved away from the area. The adopted parents still seemed to sympathise, but they certainly didn't want her visiting them anymore. Now it seems that what was taken away from her as been brought back, and she finds it very hard to let go again. And I really don't think she should have too.

It is very unfair too Martin and Sonia to keep them away. I don't think anyone should lose contact with the little girl. Nobody needs to be excluded.

They shouldn't as that would never happen in real life. In real life they have given Chloe/Rebecca up for ever. When they signed that document they were agreeing that they were no longer her parents, they have no rights. It is stupid if ee let them have her. Also I think it is nice for them just to be a couple and spending time together without a kid.
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

yeah, like i've said before. Just because she gave birth to her doesn't give her the right to come back and take her away again just because she feels like it! It's wrong.
    Kurt Cobain, gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by .:Kitz:.
    yeah, like i've said before. Just because she gave birth to her doesn't give her the right to come back and take her away again just because she feels like it! It's wrong.
    I know, but you can't help feeling sorry for her can you? I know at this moment she is probably thinking more about herself than what's best for Chloe, but I truly believe that she loves her, and can't be without her. I also feel that being with Martin and Sonia may prove beneficial for Chloe in the long run. She no longer has her adopted parents and if Martin and Sonia can give her a happy and secure life, why can't it be good for her?

I think Sonia should wait till shes 18 ( I'm assuming shes 17 now), and then ask about it. They deserve to be a proper family again but she should just be patient for a while. I am aware that lying is wrong but I can understand Sonia's reasons and it isn't like shes going to snatch her or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes
    ( I'm assuming shes 17 now)
    do you mean sonia? shes nearly 20

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes
    it isn't like shes going to snatch her or anything.
    isnt' that what she did the last time she got friendly with the childminder...

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    isnt' that what she did the last time she got friendly with the childminder...
    Yes she did kidnap Chloe before, but she was about 15 then and not in a good state of mind. However upset Sonia is with being parted from her daughter, I think having Martin makes it a bit easier on her. Would she really want to risk her marraige and future for something she could never have anyway (unless done legally)? I don't think she would do it again. Mind you I suppose you can never say never, you never know what they'd do in soaps.

Thread Information