Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting rid of night nappies

well con was soaked night after night and really miserable and unhappy with disturbed sleep, so i dont actually think he is ready for a full nights sleep without nappies! We are going to try and again once it warmer, i cant keep uo with the constant wet pjs and sheets!!

it does seem to be such an indivdual thing - some kids just seem to find it easier than others - I Know plenty of people with 5 year olds that are still in night pull ups

there are bed alarms that wake the kids when they wet the bed so that they get in a habit of waking up - it seems that some kids are just in too deep a sleep

From memory it seems that it isnt till they are 6 or 7 and not dry at night that it is seen as a medical problem. Although if you did speak to your health visitor she might be able to get you some bed mats on the NHS (same as the pampers ones)

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Ciaran has gone for a week again without any accidents, although when he has one, its not him, but bobo the bear, or even one night daddy!! lol

Hes definitely getting there though - it just takes time, the number of bed mats we go through, but it saves the mattress etc and we just dont give Ci a hard time about it. I read somewhere that 5 or 6 is the age when they start to concern themselves about it....

we bough a water proof mat from boots it was £15 it is rubber backed BUT is cotton topped so is nice to sleep on - if we have an acident I get it in the machine and it is dry just hanging an an airer by bed time might be a cheaper option than the disposable ones?

used the pampers ones they were brilliant!

i never find cons one dries before bed, he got the rubber backed,c otton topped one. summers coming, seems more sense to me to wait and try him then when i can actually wash evyday. Im not worried though, hell do it in his own time

Thread Information