Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: auntie/uncles

I had an uncle that wasn't really my uncle but I didn't call him uncle as my dad and me haven't got on with him for ages now. I think that as long as your family gets along with the person, the kids should call them auntie or uncle.

I agree kim the kids should call him/her auntie/uncle.

i think its ok to call you it as i call my dads close mate uncle and his ex aunt as i grew up knowing them

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Ive got neices and nephews on my side of the family and my other halfs sister has a little girl who i see as much as my neice as the ones on my side of the family

Some people just call family friends aunties and uncles as respect!!

i used to think that if you were in a serious relationship if your other halfs niece/nephew liked you and wanted to call you it then i felt kind of priviledged but now me and my partner split on bad terms and now i miss her and according to neutral gossip she was upset to lose me as an auntie so i wouldnt go down that road again it was too hurtful
    Maisie Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by shaza
    i used to think that if you were in a serious relationship if your other halfs niece/nephew liked you and wanted to call you it then i felt kind of priviledged but now me and my partner split on bad terms and now i miss her and according to neutral gossip she was upset to lose me as an auntie so i wouldnt go down that road again it was too hurtful
    i know what you mean i used to call my dads best mate uncle and his ex wife auntie and there 2 kids my cousins but they split, my aunt moved away and now i dont see my aunt or 2 cousins and ive seen my uncle twice since and i miss them all loads as we used to see the every weekend since i was young

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    I think that's bang out of order my mum married my stepdad and his brothers call me their niece and I call them my uncles even though my stepdad is not my real dad
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by samantha nixon
    i know what you mean i used to call my dads best mate uncle and his ex wife auntie and there 2 kids my cousins but they split, my aunt moved away and now i dont see my aunt or 2 cousins and ive seen my uncle twice since and i miss them all loads as we used to see the every weekend since i was young
    i know its all heartbreaking especially for the kids
    Maisie Mouse

Thread Information