Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sun Hill - The Bill

i have also heard that doug is leavingbut i dont no whether it is deffinetely true

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Sun Hill CID Spoilers (Formerly known as The Bill) spoilers 17 Dec 2009

D.C. Jacob Banks (Patrick Robinson) is tasked with encouraging widow Trudy Vincent (Pippa Haywood) to visit her husbands murderer in prison, in order to trace his missing teenage daughter.

Guest starring Pippa Haywood as Trudy Vincent.

D.C.’s Jacob Banks (Patrick Robinson) and Mickey Webb (Chris Simmons) work together to investigate the disappearance of 15 year old Saskia Fuller (Jessica Woods). They discover that Saskia has recently been in touch with her father, Eamonn (Tony Maudsley), who was imprisoned 13 years ago for murder, but is due for release. Eamonn was an alcoholic who, after a heavy drinking session, beat Paul Vincent to death for no reason and couldn’t recall the attack the following morning. Following all lines of enquiry, Banksy questions Paul’s widow, Trudy (Pippa Haywood) who is still bitter about her husband’s death and refuses to help the police in any way. Frustrated, Banksy visits Eamonn in prison to tell him his daughter is missing. Eamonn is horrified and tells the D.C. that Saskia has recently been visiting him and confessed that she had a new boyfriend, Rick. Eamonn hands over Saskia’s letters to Banksy in the hope they hold clues and begs him to find his daughter. As the investigation continues, Mickey and Banksy discover Saskia’s boyfriend ‘Rick’ to be Richard Vincent (Cary Crankson) – Trudy’s son. Has he kidnapped the teenager in order to avenge his father’s murder…?

Banksy updates Trudy who is stunned that Richard is now the main suspect and is terrified she will lose a son as well as a husband. She agrees to help by going to the station and calling Richard, begging him to turn himself in, but Richard simply hangs up. The officers grow more concerned that he is planning to hurt Saskia and decide that Trudy is still the best person to convince Richard otherwise. Banksy is tasked with asking Trudy to visit Eamonn - if she can somehow come to terms with what happened to Paul, perhaps she can convince Richard to do the same. Trudy reluctantly goes to the prison with Banksy but is repulsed by the thought of seeing Eamonn again. When the pair finally meet, the atmosphere is thick with tension and as Eamonn begins to offer some kind of an apology Trudy snaps and launches herself at him. Banksy jumps in to pull her away, but is more concerned than ever that they may never find Saskia…

Meanwhile, uniform, questioning the wisdom of introducing Trudie to her husband's killer, scour the streets for the missing girl. As tensions build between uniform and CID they spot Richard and a frantic foot chase ensues. To their frustration, Richard escapes, and they re-double their efforts. Later that day, Richard is finally arrested. In the interview room, Banksy uses all of his skills to try and persuade Richard, who is still grief-stricken and angry, to reveal Saskia’s whereabouts. Will he confess, or is it too late for him and for Saskia?

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post

Meanwhile, uniform...
    I'm sorry, alan, I'm getting on a bit and my memory is not what it used to be. Remind me again, what does uniform mean?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post

Meanwhile, uniform...
    I'm sorry, alan, I'm getting on a bit and my memory is not what it used to be. Remind me again, what does uniform mean?
    Real coppers doing an honest days work dressed all the same in blue serge as opposed to mavericks dressed whatever way they feel carrying out their own private agenda and going against all the rules all the while trying to look mean and moody

Ah yes, thank you, alan. I remember them now.

Didn't uniformed policemen and women used to appear in an excellent police drama called "The Bill"? I wonder what happened to it. Do you think it might be revived one day?

Didn't uniformed policemen and women used to appear in an excellent police drama called "The Bill"? I wonder what happened to it. Do you think it might be revived one day?
    I doubt it, they have already moved the show in Scotland to a different day and tv channel. And the way they are losing viewers does not help and of course the opinion of those wanting more uniform rather than CID does not seem to count with the producers or else they would have taken notice a long time ago.

Ah yes those were the days. Unless some TV luvvie at Talkback Thames realises that they are not capable of writing the gritty drama that they are trying to copy then I fear that the UKs top Cop Show has gone the way of Z Cars, Dixon of Dock Green, Softly Softly, Holby Blues et al.

Evening All

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

I doubt it, they have already moved the show in Scotland to a different day and tv channel. And the way they are losing viewers does not help and of course the opinion of those wanting more uniform rather than CID does not seem to count with the producers or else they would have taken notice a long time ago.
    As far as I know the Scottish Television channels stoped showing The Bil in favour of local programmes. It is only available now through a Sky Box or Virgin Media by viewing an English channel

As far as I know the Scottish Television channels stopped showing The Bil
    Lucky old Scotland!

Yeah they did Alan. Scottish television stopped receiving the Bill when they moved to the new format. There's a dispute between stv and itv about the cost to show the series. I haven't watch the bill since the change over as I can't remember what day or cable channel it's on.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information