View Poll Results: Who do you think Tom should be with?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Izzie

16 76.19%
  • Lorna

5 23.81%
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: Waterloo Road

Waterloo Road is returning and will be set and made in Manchester

Exclamation Waterloo Road announces three returning characters for the show's revival

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/wat...mas-returning/

Almost seven years after it last aired, Waterloo Road is set to return to BBC One later this year ? and the series will welcome back some familiar faces to the school.

Following the announcement of Waterloo Road's return, the popular drama has confirmed that Angela Griffin, Adam Thomas and Katie Griffiths will all be reprising their roles for the upcoming episodes.

Angela Griffin's Kim Campbell will be back in the staff room as the new Headteacher, while Adam Thomas and Katie Griffiths' Donte and Chlo Charles are also set to star.

As they prepare for filming to kick off next month, the returning cast have shared their excitement at stepping back into the corridors of high school.

"I feel really honoured to be joining the new series of Waterloo Road," Angela Griffin said, promising "amazing storylines" ahead.

"It is exciting to be stepping back into Kim's shoes and I can't wait to explore her life, character and how she has evolved since we last met her.... I'm looking forward to welcoming viewers back to Waterloo Road."

Ready to begin a new chapter for Donte, Adam Thomas shared his excitement at going "back to where it all started".

"Waterloo Road was a huge part of my life and career so to go back 15 years later is a dream come true," the former Emmerdale star said. "I can't wait to see some old faces and some new. I know this series is going to be the best one yet."

Unsurprisingly, Adam's on-screen wife Katie Griffiths is just as excited. "Chlo was my first professional acting role, and I feel so lucky to be part of the show again," she said. "I can't wait to see what stories unfold!"

Waterloo Road will return to BBC One and BBC iPlayer later this year.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/wat...ast-additions/

The Waterloo Road revival has announced a host of new cast additions, with former Coronation Street star Kym Marsh among the names signing on.

The show was confirmed to be returning last year after being axed back in 2016, and will be bringing back some familiar faces to boot.

It's now been revealed that some fresh stars will be coming on board too as a new batch of staff, including Kym, who will play Nicky Walters ? a school canteen worker who is also a mother of two pupils.

Fellow Corrie stars Sonia Ibrahim and Rachel Leskovac have also been cast as Jamilah Omar, the school's social worker and Coral Walker, the head of English.

EastEnders star Jo Coffey will play Wendy Whitwell, headteacher Kim Campbell's PA, while Vincent Jerome (Wonder Woman 1984) and James Baxter (Still Open All Hours) have been cast as deputy heads Lindon King and Joe Casey, respectively.

Also on board is Shauna Shim (The Worst Witch) as music teacher Valerie Chambers, Neil Fitzmaurice (Peep Show) as history teacher Neil Guthrie, and Katherine Pearce (Rules of the Game) as early career teacher Amy Spratt.

Speaking on joining, Kym said: "I'm thrilled to be joining the fabulous cast of Waterloo Road, it's such a joy to get the opportunity to film in Manchester again and I can't wait to get going!"

It comes after it was confirmed that Angela Griffin, Adam Thomas and Katie Griffiths will all be returning to Waterloo Road as headteacher Kim, Donte and Chlo Charles.

Executive producer Cameron Roach said: "We're incredibly excited to announce our new cast, and we believe that alongside the return of Kim Campbell we're creating some new iconic characters for the next generation of Waterloo Road. We look forward to the audience joining them in the staff room."

Waterloo Road will return to BBC One and BBC iPlayer later this year.

Exclamation Waterloo Road confirms return date

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/a42...te-first-look/

Last year, it was announced that the BBC was bringing back Waterloo Road. It has now been confirmed the school drama will premiere on BBC One and iPlayer in January.

New pictures have also been released showing the cast in action ? and it appears we're in for a lively time.

As the school year begins, a peaceful protest turns into a riot, and "the events of the day will have huge ramifications for everyone involved".

In the images, we see students holding placards and headteacher Kim Campbell (played by Waterloo Road alumni Angela Griffin) with a megaphone.

A statement from the show reveals: "Across the term, Waterloo Road?s teachers and parents are going to have to learn on their feet as they try to navigate the ever changing social landscape - from teen homelessness to the cost of living, being LGBTQ+, racism, sexism, mental health and everything else facing young teens today.

"Amongst the chaos, the students, faculty and parents still make time for friendships, fun, and a few romances. The pupils have a lot to contend with this term, but they will learn to lean on one another to survive the year and try to stay out of detention as much as possible.

"Riots, scandals, fractured families and challenging kids ? for Headteacher Kim Campbell and her team, fire-fighting is a way of life. Who said education was easy?"

Former cast members Adam Thomas and Katie Griffiths, who played Donte and Chlo Charles, are also returning to the series alongside their daughter Izzy, who'll be played by Adam's niece Scarlett Thomas, and son Tommy, played by his real-life son Teddy.

New cast members include Coronation Street's Kym Marsh (who'll play canteen worker Nicky Walters), Rachel Leskovac (Coral Walker) and Sonia Ibrahim (Jamilah Omar), Emmerdale's James Baxter (Joe Casey) and EastEnders star Jo Coffey (Wendy Whitwell).

The drama first aired in 2006 and followed a troubled comprehensive school set in Rochdale. We look forward to seeing what the reboot brings.

Exclamation Waterloo Road 2024

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/wat...premiere-date/

Waterloo Road has confirmed the return date for its newest series.

The school-based drama will be back on BBC One and iPlayer for its third revival series (13th overall series) on Tuesday, January 2, at 8pm.

It looks like all eight episodes of the upcoming run will be released for streaming on that date, as happened throughout 2023. While not confirmed yet, viewers wanting to watch the old-fashioned way will likely be able to do so weekly.

The synopsis for the first new episode states: "Kim rolls out a fresh initiative that causes fireworks for staff and pupils alike, and two worlds collide when Tonya forms an unlikely bond with new boy Schuey."

Digital Spy exclusively confirmed Schuey and four other characters (with pictures), so if you want to check that out, you can do so right here.

The second season ended with the death of student Danny Lewis, while Preston Walters suffered a cardiac arrest (not to mention his mum Nicky's ongoing money troubles), so there's plenty of drama for the upcoming episodes to explore.

Kim actress Angela Griffin recently spoke to Digital Spy and revealed that she'd love for her real-life husband Jason Milligan to return as loan shark Vinnie McCullen, as well as Denise Welch's Steph Haydock from the old series.

If these things don't happen in the upcoming batch of episodes, maybe they will in the already-greenlit fourth and fifth series.

Waterloo Road will return on January 2 on BBC One, with all of series 3 dropping on iPlayer on the same day.

Thread Information