Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyzone star set for EastEnders

Boyzone star set for EastEnders

Could Stephen Gately be heading for Albert Square? The singer has set tongues wagging by revealing he’s been offered a bumper deal after a secret audition with a BBC soap. And although he’s yet to sign a contract, there are strong rumours the 29-year-old will join EastEnders.

The Boyzone star will be following in the footsteps of bandmate Keith Duffy, who made a surprisingly efficient fist of oafish Oirish hunk Ciaran McCarthy in Coronation Street.

Stephen told the Daily Star on Sunday: “I did the audition last week but I think it would be really unlucky to say which BBC soap until I sign a contract. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this since Boyzone split up. Of course Keith is a great guy to talk to about this since his success in Coronation Street. He’s always been very supportive of me.”

Although the part could also be in the hospital dramas Casualty or Holby City, insiders say EastEnders is hot favourite. We do hope so – Steven could certainly give Phil Mitchell a run for his money in the hardman stakes. Hmm... then again, maybe not.

Please say it isnt so.

Surely eastenders is not that desperate? Stick to the day job stephen, whatever that may be these days.....

OMG they must be really scrapping the bottom of the barrel what part will he be playing the next big hard man I think not

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

What character could he be playing? do you think it's one they've already said is coming to the square? Maybe a Wicks?

I'd say the BBC soap is Eastenders. They may class Holby City and Casualty in that catergory nowadays, but it's on once a week, so I don't think he'd say it was a soap. I wouldn't say it was.

hmm i wondor what kind of character he will be playing,and if he will be any good or whether he should just stick to singing and panto..

Doctors?

Not happy about this if it is EE. I don't want singers in EE, I want proper actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Florijo
    Doctors?

Not happy about this if it is EE. I don't want singers in EE, I want proper actors.
    Some people surprise you though. I liked Kiaran who was played by Keith Duffy in Coronation Street. I thought he was a good actor and character. Casting directors don't just hire anyone, just because they are famous, they had to have seen some acting talent there.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    Some people surprise you though. I liked Kiaran who was played by Keith Duffy in Coronation Street. I thought he was a good actor and character. Casting directors don't just hire anyone, just because they are famous, they had to have seen some acting talent there.
    Good point, but I just don't like to have too many well known names coming into the show as I feel it upsets the balance of the cast. If Stephen Gately was the best for the job then I could live with that but if he is not, and we will never know, then I would not be happy for them to hire him just cos he is a name.

never know could be river city...

maybe he will be the new slater

Thread Information