Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancer

You'd have to pay privately. It only protects against two strains of cervical cancer but they are serious one's so that's why the government is doing it. They are also doing it earlier because having sex reduces effectiveness or something like that so they want to protect from a younger age.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 01-09-2008 at 23:41.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

i heard about this a few months ago on the radio. i thought they were only giving it up to 14yrs, maybe they changed it. i wondered as well why if you were older you werent allowed to get it as apparently its most common in 16 - 25yr olds or something like that. i know theyre probably giving it younger to stop kids getting it when theyre older which is fine, but surely the rest of us who are most at risk should be allowed to be vaccinated too
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

It's because a lot of girls over the age of 18 are sexually active and have probably already been exposed to the virus.

I think there's already a thread on this topic that Kasple started but I can't find it.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I saw an advert on the TV earlier that said it was for Year 8's. I can't believe they just assume that everyone above that is sexually active and will have the virus. Some Year 8's are. In my school the pupil receptionist was trying to arrange getting me sent home as my tutor suggested to them that they send me, and a 13 year old girl walks in and asks for the morning after pill. It wasn't even the first time she'd asked for it.
    Last edited by Kim; 03-09-2008 at 23:52.

Year 8's! O thought they were going up to 17

They're vacinating everyone up to 18, and then from then on, they will vacinate everyone in year 8.

what does being sexually active have to do with it - sex doesnt cause the cancer.

Me and my friend were talking tonight and i mentioned the jab and she said she wouldnt let her daughter get the injection while i would jump at the chance if i could get it.
    Last edited by *-Rooney-*; 05-09-2008 at 00:27.
    Maisie Mouse

Unsafe Sex

Practicing unsafe sex can increase your risk of developing a virus called HPV. HPV is a group of over 100 viruses, medically known as human papillioma virus. HPV increases your risk factor for cervical, anal, vulvar and vaginal cancer. Further studies are being conducted in HPV's role in the development of other cancers.

There is a test available to see if you have contracted HPV. It involves scraping of cervical cells and then the sample is sent to a lab. The lab test can even identify the strain of the virus, also.

I would have the vaccination and would my daughter have the jab too to prevent this cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by *-Rooney-* View Post
    Me and my friend were talking tonight and i mentioned the jab and she said she wouldnt let her daughter get the injection while i would jump at the chance if i could get it.
    i would also want to have the jab if it was offered to me. i heard on the radio people saying they didnt want their daughters to have it cos they thought they were too young and they didnt want to have to explain to them why they had to have it. i dont see the problem really, if its going to help protect them from something then surely its a good thing and if you dont want to explain in detail just say its a jab to help protect you against cancer just like you have meningitis (sp?) jabs etc. im sure kids arent gonna worry too much, its not like theyve never had a jab before
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information