Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Distance relationship

ive had like 2 both went alright wait exept one girl but theres a whole different storie im cool with long distant relationships they can be alright if u both dont mind being long distance! sometimes if u live to close it gets boring
    On my own I faced a gang of jeering in strange streets
    When my nerves were pumping and I
    Fought my fear in, I did not run
    I was not done

Just found this thread...i may be starting a long distance relationship soon, it depends really, well it's not really long distance, he lives quite near me (About 45 minutes away) but we're taking things slow at the moment...

Last edited by Helen1685; 20-08-2011 at 17:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen1685 View Post
    I'm living proof that long distance relationships do work. My boyfriend lives in West Midlands and I live in oxfordshire, been like that since day 1. We met on an off chance, liked each other and got together despite living over 60 miles apart.
    We have been together for 7 years now and only see each other once a week, was less in the earlier years. We are finally going to be moving in together just after xmas and I can't wait. If you love someone enough you will find a way to make it work.
    Aww thats so sweet. It must be really hard seeing each other once a week - I wonder how you'll cope when you live together full time!

My friend has been with her bf for nearly 2 years and they are inseparable. He's going on holiday on Friday and she's going nuts already, they can't bear to be parted. I haven't got a clue what they will be like when they go to separate unis next year

If its meant to be, it will survive the distance
    Last edited by Abigail; 09-07-2007 at 22:22.

My mum and dad are as well, when they first got together she was at Living in Lancaster and he was in Birmingham, they met at my mums sisters wedding as my dad lived with my uncle, it was quite complicated, anyhow, here we are 21 years later.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Ok gang I dunno if I told my lil story here or not, but I am an American and I moved from the USA TO Holland to be with my Dutch partner,, I did not move to the next town , or the next state but i move to a different country,, Yes childern long distance relationships DO WORK,, only if YOU work at it.
    I met my guy on line , after 3 mos of talking and e mailing, sending tons of photos and finally seeing each other on web cam,, he flew to the states to meet me,,
    He contiuned to fly back to the states to visit me 5 more times, then I flew to Holland to visit for 2 weeks, then he flew back again to see me twice in a month, then i went back with him and stayed for the summer, after alot of soul searching and talking it over with my family, I decided to pack up and move... so I did, we have been together 8 years but I will have been in Holland for 6 this coming Oct,, so as I said IT CAN WORK,, BUT YOU MUST WORK AT IT .. and be prepared to spend some money too :-D
    BTW if any one moves to another country other than EU,, do tons of research before moving, cos there is loads of red tape.. and tons of paper work to do..Once that is completed,, its all easy peasey lemon squeezy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJodi For This Useful Post:

alan45 (11-07-2007)

thats lovely jodi. it just proves it can be done if you work hard enough at it and truly love each other.
    POOKIE

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen1685 View Post
    I'm living proof that long distance relationships do work. My boyfriend lives in West Midlands and I live in oxfordshire, been like that since day 1. We met on an off chance, liked each other and got together despite living over 60 miles apart.
    We have been together for 7 years now and only see each other once a week, was less in the earlier years. We are finally going to be moving in together just after xmas and I can't wait. If you love someone enough you will find a way to make it work.
    But you are in the same country,, 60 miles apart is what an hour 45 min drive ??? I do hope you guys finally move in together, and not be apart any more,,

Last edited by Helen1685; 20-08-2011 at 17:34.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Helen1685 For This Useful Post:

Bryan (11-07-2007)

Hey Guys, I havent posted here for a while but I kinda need some advice... I broke up with my partner in June last year, we had 2 kids together, my oldest, my daughter is 10,my youngest, my son is 8. But i'm really happy we broke up things aint been right for a while. I met someone online, I knew him before me and my ex broke up but it was just a friend thing, well its turned into more, maybe it was a part of me finally ending it with my ex I dont know. Well this guy is from Sweden and he came over to visit at Xmas for 10 days. We got on amazingly well and I love him even though when we first met for real it was a bit strange as he wasnt what i expected. those 10 days we spent together were amazing, my kids loved him, everyone i know thinks hes awesome. hes meant to be coming back in 2 weeks.. but the last few weeks its been different to before he came over. He still says the right things and stuff and when i ask him why its weird between us he says its because he misses me so much.. Should I tell him to cancel his flight over in 2 weeks, because I dont want to be hurt anymore than I am already. He tells me its fine and that he still cares, but I cant see him to know he means it.
    What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity

Thread Information