Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfie Moon

yes i agree he was good on his arrival,but when ee have tried ta stretch him,his weak acting has shown through,an actor is only as good as the scripts they get,and the cast they work with,but he seems to think he's carrying the rest of the cast when i think their carrying him,the actors like jim and patrick even derek seem to be better actors than him.

Last nite at the soap awards he said this would be his last so he isn't returning

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j
    Last nite at the soap awards he said this would be his last so he isn't returning
    Or perhaps he knew his MOMENT IN THE SUN has faded... we all know how fickle fame is ..... Shane has had his moment,, maybe he is just saying,, he feels that it was his "last" award in that category ?? Just my thoughts

its a littl ebit weird that he said that though cos if he is leaving for good then its going to be very dramatic cos its alfie so surely he should be at the next awards maybe for best exit...unless he thinks that ee aren't going to do well at next years awards and thats why he's leaving???? just a thought but we'll have to wait and see

Lightbulb Alfie wants an OSCAR

Quote Originally Posted by justjodi
    Or perhaps he knew his MOMENT IN THE SUN has faded... we all know how fickle fame is ..... Shane has had his moment,, maybe he is just saying,, he feels that it was his "last" award in that category ?? Just my thoughts
    That is probably true. I saw him on an episode of The Kumars at No.42 last night. (I'm sure it was old because BBCAmerica only sends us stuff that is at least a year behind.) In any event, he said he had met most of his goals and one of his last goals was to win an Oscar and he wanted to come to America and try his luck in Hollywood. Perhaps that is why he will leave. Maybe the return of Kat will send him packing leaving him free to return one day if Hollywood is a bust. Personally, I think he would do very well over here. He is better looking and much funnier than Hugh Grant and we all know what happened to him in America. Women went nuts over him and Hollywood accepted him like a baby left on a doorstop. They took him in and made him theirs. Seems Hollywood has this thing about accepting a new "foreign" actor every couple of years. We had love affairs with Paul Hogan, Hugh Grant, Jude Law, even Eddie Izzard was very well received. (Which is surprising with Americans, for the "language barrier" alone! LOL) I could not be happier if Shane Richie tried to make it here in the states. I think he has the talent and he seems to have the type of charm that again would make Americans, "Luv da way he tawks." (That is all we seem to say when we find a great new Brit for our movies!)

Quote Originally Posted by callummc
    yes i agree he was good on his arrival,but when ee have tried ta stretch him,his weak acting has shown through,an actor is only as good as the scripts they get,and the cast they work with,but he seems to think he's carrying the rest of the cast when i think their carrying him,the actors like jim and patrick even derek seem to be better actors than him.
    I think you're absolutely right there. REAL actors like Ian Lavender, John Bardon and Rudolph Walker knock spots off Shane Richie. I think for him to receive the award of best actor is a case of mixing up the actor with the character.

i would of chosen Either John Bardon or Rudolph Walker

Quote Originally Posted by dddMac1
    i would of chosen Either John Bardon or Rudolph Walker
    yes, they have certainly supassed Shane in the acting over the year.

Shane has actually been one of the worst.
    Last edited by Alisha; 12-05-2005 at 16:51.

Chrissie and Jake will never steal Alfie and Kats crown!! (well in my book anyway!)
    Alfie please STAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hayley
    Chrissie and Jake will never steal Alfie and Kats crown!! (well in my book anyway!)
    Alfie please STAY!!!!
    yeah!

Thread Information