Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: What is everyone reading?

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    Thanks Shiv, what else can you recommend? I devour books and always grateful for recommendations.
    Moonie.. get this book series Malevolent (Shaye Archer Series Book 1) by Jana deLeon.. 3 books and they are all great.
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Ok.. half way through America's Trust by Murray McDonald and it is by far the best thriller I have read in a while. Currently free on Amazon for Kindle so the price is right and it is an amazing read.
    Well finished with this book but I have read 3 others by same author and have not been disappointed with any of them. All four are about the President of America (all different ones in each book). Traitor was my absolute favorite but Critical Error and Captive in chief are just as good.

if anyone like good science fiction then read Three Body problem trilogy by Cixin Lui.. Really interesting. I am not a syfy fan but this had me hooked. As it took me about 2 months to read these 3 books I have a big list of unread books waiting on my kindle so I will come back if any of them are good.
    Super Mod

Just started reading Bobby Ball's book My Life Revisited, (I have been a fan of Cannon and Ball since the 80s and still laugh at their shows on youtube) tells the story of his childhood in Lancashire after WW2. I ordered the book from the fanclub ( signed by Bobby) as well as a photo of him and Tommy ( also signed). Its just amazing how they are still performing today with their play The Dressing Room and their usual Summer shows in Blackpool.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrocanthus For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (28-02-2017)

Finished Bobby Ball's book My Life Revisited, very good book.
    Last edited by pyrocanthus; 09-03-2017 at 22:57.

I just finished reading a book called Last Rites by Neil White, which I really enjoyed. It follows the main character who is a reported named Jack Garrett. He investigates the mystery of a woman who has vanished after being accused of murdering her boyfriend, but he is convinced all isn't as it seems.

The book was quite long, just over 500 pages but the story fired off in lots of different directions (including witchcraft!) which kept things exciting. Jack's girlfriend is a detective investigating the same case, one of my favourite bits of the book was reading the conflict between the two characters as their professional lives collided with each other.

This book is part of a series (the 3rd one in) I really recommend them, the author is very good!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (11-03-2017), Perdita (10-03-2017), Siobhan (15-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Well finished with this book but I have read 3 others by same author and have not been disappointed with any of them. All four are about the President of America (all different ones in each book). Traitor was my absolute favorite but Critical Error and Captive in chief are just as good.

Ok, didn't think anything could top Traitor by Murray but his other book "The god complex" did!!! I only have 2 more books to read from this man and they are all amazing. Plus Murray replies to you on facebook should you have questions. He is a really nice guy
    Super Mod

More recommendation for people who are interested

1: Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill. It is a dystopian where women are literally breed for the male species. They are ranked by looks and style and depending where they end up in the ranking depends whether they become good housewives that creates more males or concupines

2. If anyone liked Girl on the Train or Gone girl this book is for you: No Kiss Goodbye by Janelle Harris
    Also one I liked, bit of a slow starter but comes good in the end: The Diary: The Complete Story (Loving a Killer) by Julia Derek
    Super Mod

Am really bad at reading for a fun. Really need to start and make time! I saw a list from way back in 2003 where bbc did a list of the greatest books and there’s about a 100. I may set myself a challenge to pick a book at a time off the list and find out what I’m missing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-03-2018)

any good recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    any good recommendations?
    See my post 2 up from yours... those books were really good
    Super Mod

Thread Information