Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Chances - Sequel to First Date

Lightbulb Second Chances - Sequel to First Date

Second Chances
    Part One

Can’t sleep, can’t breathe, can’t get up off my knees. I don’t know what come over me,

Jake woke slowly; shifting on the bed and opening his deep blue eyes, the sun was up and shining behind the curtains. He turned his head and looked at the woman lying beside him, curled into his side in sleep. He smiled to himself and looked around, this had become their bed in the six months after their first date. Six months and still, when he woke up in the mornings next to her, he wanted to pinch himself to make sure it was real. He leant down and gently touched his lips to hers, Chrissie’s eyes fluttered open in response to the tender kiss and smiled at him, morning
    Jake- morning gorgeous I didn’t mean to wake you
    Chrissie- I don’t mind if it’s you
    Jake shifted and smiled down at her, good
    Chrissie laughed and just looked at him smiling at her
    When he looked at her he saw nothing but strength, courage and the sheer will that had kept her going after Den’s leaving, he’d needed that and her and she’d been there. When Danny had died it had torn him to pieces for a while, he’d been a mess and she’s been his strength, his rock, his steady centre in a sea of pain. He loved this woman more than words, more than he could ever express and here she was lying next to him. Just by being she was his weakness, but he didn’t care, he loved her.
    Chrissie- what you thinking?
    Jake- just about how beautiful you are
    Chrissie- really
    Jake- how lucky I am, he stroked a fingertip over her cheek
    Chrissie- are you now
    Jake leant down to kiss her again, the luckiest man alive
    Chrissie pulled him down for a kiss of her own and looked into his eyes, saw the emotions swirling there, what time is it?
    Jake looked across at the clock, nine
    Chrissie smiled slyly, seeing as we’ve got a bit of time on our hands, why don’t you show me just how lucky
    Jake grinned, I’d be happy to, and when he kissed her this time he could feel himself drowning in her, she was his only.

Chrissie stood at the bar of the Vic looking around at the customers chatting and drinking with their friends and colleges. She heard the music playing in the background and smiled to herself. Thinking of her first date with Jake, how nervous she’d been, she remembered the way he’d danced with her that night, the way he’d kissed her. Making her feel special and safe, the only things she’d really ever wanted from a man. She thought about Den and the last time she’d seen him, what she’d done, the thoughts sent a shiver down her spine and she turned round to look at the door to the cellar, that was her past, and you can’t build a future with out a past. But her past was tainted, tainted by a man she’d loved, who’d hurt her in all the ways he could. She knew she was living a lie but surely living a lie was so much better than having to face the truth, she’d lose Jake and that she couldn’t bear, not now, he was part of her life, she needed him, she couldn’t let him go.
    Jake walked in the doors and smiled at her as he crossed the room towards her, and smiled until he reached her, hello
    Chrissie managed a small smile, what are you doing in here?
    Jake- lunch
    Chrissie- really, she lent on the bar to flirt with him
    Jake- yeh Johnny let me go a little early
    Chrissie tensed she knew she shouldn’t, but she couldn’t help it, she was scared. She didn’t like him working for Johnny not after what happened, but he did, he said everything was fine and not to worry, but she did, she loved him that thought scared her too but she did. The voice in her heart had been telling her for months now, she loved him and there was no going back.
    Jake- it’s quiet
    Chrissie- it is today
    Jake- come here
    Chrissie- what, she leant closer to him
    Jake framed her face with his hands and kissed her, that’s better
    She smiled at him and lent in for another kiss
    Jake- what’s wrong?
    Chrissie- nothing
    Jake- liar
    Chrissie- nothing important, I’ve just been thinking
    Jake- why don’t I ask Johnny if I can have the afternoon off, you can get Sharon in and we can go out somewhere
    Chrissie- I’ve told you I’m fine
    Jake- don’t you want to spend the afternoon with me
    Chrissie- don’t even think about using that one Mr Moon
    Jake sighed, it was worth a try
    Chrissie- do you want a drink? She asked sweetly
    Jake- I suppose if that the best you’re gonna offer
    Chrissie- I’m not having a quickie with you in your lunch hour, I’ve got customers to serve
    Jake- hope springs eternal
    Chrissie laughed she knew now without doubt, she was in love with him and there was nothing she could do about, nothing she wanted to do about it. She was his and she’d have to tell him, have to share that dark part of herself with him, she couldn’t lie to him.

Whenever you come near, heart’s pounding in my chest a little voice inside my head,
    Dennis Rickman 28/08/1974 - 31/12/2005

more more more more more more !!!!!

Thats really good. Loving Jake trying to sweet talk Chrissie
    xxx
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

Thats brill - please do more!

more more more i really like it

Aawww! Jakissie!! Can't wait to read more!

Just wondering carrie you read my fanfic heartbreak along the way

Oooh! Yay you did a sequel! Fantastic as usual! More soon
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

this is really good

Wey a sequel, this is tip top stuff honey! More soon
    Luv ya
    Layne
    x x x

Thread Information