Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: The L Word

it was rushed and it felt like they'd run out of steam with the characters, which was a shame because they had some amazing three dimenisonal characters on the show, and some amazing actresses. as you say they had a lot less episodes and it felt like they were trying to cram too much into a short space of time.

rather than explore the relationships in depth (which the show was best at doing) they made it all the Jenny Schetcher show, which it had more and more become over the years, and everything ended up revolving around her murder, in doing so they murdered the show I feel.

yeah i saw them, but i felt they were uneneccsary, they didnt contribute to the storyline, and the revealations of each of the women kind of changed my opinions on them all, and made me loose respect for certain characters, like Tina admitting she slept with her sister??? I'd always liked to believe that Bette was her first woman, but that image has been ruined now.

As much as I loved Jenny as yes she was annoying as hell at times I felt that she should of left the show ages ago as when she became famous with the Les Girls film she was unbearable

The tapes that were on the website changed my opinion too on the characters when Tina was confessing. I kept wondering why is this necessary to the murder of Jenny? Why would Tina feel the need to tell anyone that? If that had happened to me that kind of family secret would die with me not blurted out so easily

The writer made a mistake ending it like this as I as a fan feel in some ways cheated.

Who was your favourite character?

well it used to be Carmen before she left, gutted when she went! I guess it then become Tina or Kit, i dunno it changed all the time, as whenever they went from one woman to another i'd change my opinions of them all. who was yours? Shayne?

I didn't have much love for Shane I know most women in the LGBT community either want to look like her or sleep with her and I didn't want to do neither, it was fun to see her antics but I couldn't forgive her for what she did to Carmen

I was even more shocked when they had her and Jenny together as a couple that was when I knew the L word was starting to be a little strange.

My fav character was Alice I always loved her something in her I could relate to more then the other characters around. Her personality and dress sense was great and I was gutted when Dana died

I loved it when she was paired up with Tasha but deep down I feel that Tasha and Jamie made a better pairing- don't know why.

What your favourite storyline? And worst one?
    Last edited by GossipGirl; 22-08-2009 at 14:38.

Shane was a good character on the show, i have encountered many women like her on the scene. where is the best site or place to buy dvd's of this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    Shane was a good character on the show, i have encountered many women like her on the scene. where is the best site or place to buy dvd's of this show?
    this is the first site I go to when looking for a dvd, it compares all the dvd sites out there and tells you the price of that dvd on every site, so you can find the cheapest: http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

Hannelene (23-08-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirl View Post
    I didn't have much love for Shane I know most women in the LGBT community either want to look like her or sleep with her and I didn't want to do neither, it was fun to see her antics but I couldn't forgive her for what she did to Carmen

I was even more shocked when they had her and Jenny together as a couple that was when I knew the L word was starting to be a little strange.

My fav character was Alice I always loved her something in her I could relate to more then the other characters around. Her personality and dress sense was great and I was gutted when Dana died

I loved it when she was paired up with Tasha but deep down I feel that Tasha and Jamie made a better pairing- don't know why.

What your favourite storyline? And worst one?
    i know what you mean, i'm gay but i can admit when i think when a woman is beautiful, and for me I didnt say that beuaty there with Shayne. she kind of iritated me as a character the amount she slept around, but then when you explored her character more and found out why she was like that, that was interesting to watch, i warmed to her the most when she had to look after her kid brother

i never liked them pairing jenny and shayne together, for the simple fact i didnt believe in them as a couple, they didnt seem to have any chemistry and it was as if the writers were flinging them together for the sake of it. in a sense jenny ruined shaynes character.

i never warmed to Alice, i dont know why!!! i especially didnt like it when she turned stalking on Dana when she dumped her. but OMG how sad was Dana's death? that was probably my favourite storyline of the series, and that episode where they buried her ashes! awww

to be honest i never liked the storyline between Helena and that woman who she slept with then the woman sued her, that storyline just seemed a bit pointless. I loved it when helena had her fortune taken away from her and she had to learn to live like the rest of them hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    this is the first site I go to when looking for a dvd, it compares all the dvd sites out there and tells you the price of that dvd on every site, so you can find the cheapest: http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/
    Thanks I will be sure to look later

So who killed Jenny?

Is there suppose to be spin off show?

We don't know, but the spin off was going to be a Prison based show, with Alice, so i presume it was going to be her?!?!

Thread Information