Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Too harsh?!

Their critics, what do you expect?
    Last edited by xCharliex; 20-08-2005 at 17:15.

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

Quote Originally Posted by xCharliex
    Their critics, what do you expect?
    Them to stop concentrating on one programme would be a start. It gets boring reading about EastEnders every week when there's hundreds of other programmes that they could write about

Dont read it then lol. Thats their job to p**s people off

Yet another journalist on the EE-bashing bandwagon. At some point one of them will come up with an original piece of journalism if we wait long enough!!
    Sooz

Dont read it then lol. Thats their job to p**s people off
    You can't beat a good TV critic collumn even if you enjoy the stuff they're slagging off. They're usually humouress but the constant EE nitpicking has gone beyond a joke.

I think the reason for the bad reviews is the whole ratings thing...

didnt the papers just love the headling "emmerdale to take over as no2 soap!"

which is basically rubbish - any viewers who have switched off in the past will be back...

i predict high figures from now on..... starting with discovery of den there will be a huge number of great plots.....eg the return of peggy, the return of grant and phil, will chrissie get found out, the departures of a fair few, and also the new arrivals.....

mark my words, by christmas ratings will be back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    You can't beat a good TV critic collumn even if you enjoy the stuff they're slagging off. They're usually humouress but the constant EE nitpicking has gone beyond a joke.
    Yeah but at the end of the day do you think they care what fans think about what they right? Personally i think they pick on EE all the time because its such a popular soap

Yeah but at the end of the day do you think they care what fans think about what they right? Personally i think they pick on EE all the time because its such a popular soap
    I don't see them picking on Corrie as much though and let's face it that's been the most pathetic out of the big 3 soaps recently.
    Last edited by Treacle; 20-08-2005 at 18:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    I don't see them picking on Corrie as much though and let's face it that's been the most pathetic out of the big 3 soaps recently.
    Im sure their week will come

Quote Originally Posted by -x-x-abi-x-x-
    This was in todays "the sun" in the Ally Ross column. Even i think this is a bit harsh on Eastenders, but i wondered what you thought. It said;

"Taylor and Burton. Sid and Nancy. Romeo and Juliet. And now, we have the most explosive affair of the lot
    Demi and Leo. Walford's star crossed lovers
    The Millers and the Taylors. Two families seperated by blood and a crap storyline. And i mean a really crap storyline. The Eastenders. Eleven Big Brother weeks i cheerfully ignore them, hoping that during the break, they might turn into something at least half worth watching. Or at least a half decent impersonation of a decent soap.
    Instead?
    We discover somebody no one cared about, Sid, has died of an overdose, and that Ian Beale is thinking about getting his vasectomy reversed.
    Though dont think for a moment that's the bum end of the deal
    For even if we ignore Dots never ending Drivng lessons (who insures a 78 year old woman?) at least two other charcters have emerged recently for the title of worst long running plot line.
    Firstly the decision to turn Alfie into a love rat, effectivly ruining the sho's last bankable asset,
    But secondly- and beating it for sheer stupidity and unlikeliness- Dennis Brickman's enduring love for his Giant, Orange Sharon "150" watts.
    The world's most incompatible couple. A pair forced to intermarry becayse of the staggering lack of alternatives int he sealed ocmmunity of Walford (average age 138). A situation that's now reaching unsustainable levels.
    Because the truth is, soaps now survive on sex. EE now has no sexy charcters and the problem has hardly been rescued by the squares latest red-hot lovers.
    Minty the fat extra. And Emma. Another EE clone, right down to the boiler suit, who might be perfectly presentable in real life. But once she's gone through the Alford frumpifier she looks like Victoria Wood five weeks after shes taken a carck overdose and been drenged out of the Thames.
    Allied to the unsustainable population of course, EE also remains cursed by vanishing charcters, shifting feuds and the permantent cloud of misery that hangs over walford.
    Collectivly, its a crisis. And calls for the immediate mass sacking of the scrip writters, the life blood of any soap, who clearly have no idea what they are doing.
    Which makes what EE have actually done even mroe remarkably funny
    For, faced with meltdown, the BBC1 show has not only ripped off a 450 year old Shakespeare story but also taken the drsatic step of introducing- trendy camera angles.
    Yep. Wobbly tracking shots that are ,meant to make us think we're watching 24 or a Woody Allen movie. But as most of them are in the Vic, actually just make us think the cameraman is drunk.
    And its times like this you really give up of EE. Because there;s a convincing arguement that says- EE is too arrogant, set in its ways and (right on) agenda-driven to realise the deep trouble they're in. And the show will now just keep on losing viewers untill it eventually disappears.
    But hey
    Lets end optimistically. The one bit of good news is, Dirty Den's body is about to be discovered. So the show can finally bury it's past, and forget about balding sex perverts.
    and then- WAHAY- Steve McFaddens back."

what do you think?
    totally agree

Thread Information