Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Emmerdale Spoilers

Emmerdale brings in Torvill and Dean for Christmas proposal storyline

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...sal-storyline/

Emmerdale has revealed that it is bringing famed ice dancers Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean to the village for a special Christmas episode at the end of the year.

Filming has already taken place at an undisclosed location in Leeds, with the Olympic champion figure skaters and Dancing on Ice stars making a special appearance in the Dales in order to help an Emmerdale character with a festive marriage proposal.

It hasn't yet been confirmed which characters are involved in the special romantic gesture, but it has been said that the character seeking their help is "well loved".

Dean said of his experience filming on the soap: "It is amazing being here. We have jumped from watching Emmerdale on TV to being in a scene. From the screen to the scene. I'm loving it."

His skating partner Torvill also shared her excitement about their role, saying: "I can't wait to watch the episode that we are going to be in. It will be surreal sitting at home watching it."

Emmerdale producer, Laura Shaw, commented: "We are delighted to welcome Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean as our very special guests to Emmerdale. Torvill and Dean certainly promise to bring the Christmas magic sparkle to the show."

Following their special Christmas appearance on Emmerdale, Torvill and Dean will be seen in the upcoming 2024 series of Dancing on Ice as they return to their roles as judges.

The pair will be reuniting with an Emmerdale star for the new series, as Leyla Harding actress Roxy Shahidi is one of the celebrities taking part in the 2024 run.

Joining her from the world of soap are former Coronation Street actor Ryan Thomas, Brookside and Corrie star Claire Sweeney and ex-EastEnders actor Ricky Norwood.

Among the other famous faces who will be donning their skates in the hopes of impressing the judges are S Club singer Hannah Spearritt, Taskmaster star Lou Sanders and Love Island's Amber Davies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

katie hunter (08-11-2023)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...hristmas-2023/

Emmerdale has been teasing its Christmas storylines for a few weeks now, but with the slow drip-feed of information, it's easy to miss a spoiler or two.

Fans can expect a dramatic episode on Christmas Day, providing a contrast to the cosier Yuletide storylines that we've seen on the show in recent years.

So, what's ahead in this year's festive specials? Here's our one-stop guide to everything that the show has announced so far.

A darker Christmas

Emmerdale tends not to save its major storyline peaks for Christmas Day ? that's what Super Soap Week is for, after all ? so the past couple of years has seen plenty of joy and celebration in the festive episodes.

In a recent Emmerdale press event, show producer Laura Shaw confirmed that the soap will take a different approach this year.

Shaw commented: "Heading up to Christmas, we've got some exciting plans but I have absolutely, definitely been sworn to secrecy on this one!

"What I can tell you is that, in the last couple of years, we've done a light, fluffier Christmas for Emmerdale, but this one is quite different in tone.

"A lot of it is edgier for us for Christmas. I can tell you that definitely not every one of our villagers will be sat down eating their turkey with all the trimmings on Christmas Day."

Emmerdale's love triangle twists just keep on coming in the fallout from the recent Super Soap Week crash, which saw Mack forced to choose who to save when Charity and Chloe were hanging perilously on the edge of a cliff.

Next week's episodes see Mack decide to end things with Chloe, but he's thwarted when her health becomes a cause for concern again.

Although few details have been revealed at this stage, show bosses have confirmed that the Charity/Mack/Chloe dramas will still be playing out at Christmas.

Producer Laura Shaw told Inside Soap: "There's more to come for Charity, Mack and Chloe.

"The repercussions from Super Soap Week will play through Christmas and into New Year."

Back in July, Dawn and Billy discovered that they're expecting a baby together.

The couple later learned that Dawn was further along with her pregnancy than originally thought. A scan at the hospital revealed that Dawn was 16 weeks pregnant at the time and that their new arrival would make an appearance in time for Christmas.

Speaking at a recent press event, producer Laura Shaw laughed: "We all love a soap baby!

"We know that Dawn and Billy are pregnant and excitedly waiting for their baby, which is conveniently due around Christmas, as soap babies always are! It's always either Christmas or Super Soap Week."

A festive proposal ? with special guests

Emmerdale filmed some special Christmas scenes on location this week, featuring VIP guests Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

Show bosses confirmed that the ice dancing legends would be appearing as themselves in one of the festive episodes, helping "a well-loved Emmerdale character" with a marriage proposal.

Christopher Dean commented: "It is amazing being here. We have jumped from watching Emmerdale on TV to being in a scene. From the screen to the scene. I'm loving it."

Jayne Torvill added: "I can't wait to watch the episode that we are going to be in. It will be surreal sitting at home watching it."

No information has been revealed over which Emmerdale character will be popping the question, but a picture from the day showed that Dominic Brunt (Paddy Dingle), Eden Taylor-Draper (Belle Dingle), James Chase (Tom King), Mark Charnock (Marlon Dingle), Roxy Shahidi (Leyla Cavanagh) and Joe-Warren Plant (Jacob Gallagher) were all on location when the scenes were filmed.

Paddy was at rock bottom in last year's Christmas episodes, facing bitter tensions with Chas after their marriage break-up.

The village vet can expect a happier festive season now that he has reunited with his ex-wife Mandy.

Producer Laura Shaw recently told Inside Soap: "We want to see [Paddy] settle down again now, try to be happy again and move on.

"Christmas is coming up, and how is that going to work with this blended family that we have with Paddy, Mandy and their kids Vinny and Eve? We'll see some happiness for them."

Rhona's life changes forever next week when she discovers the truth about her ex-husband Gus fraudulently using their frozen embryos to start a family with his new wife Lucy.

Speaking about where the story goes in the longer-term, Zoe Henry ? who plays Rhona ? recently told us: "[Rhona and Marlon have] got a very busy Christmas coming up with a few unexpected guests. I'm sure that's not too cryptic!

"I think there's a long road ahead. Nothing is straightforward or linear. It should make for great viewing, I really think so."

A big mix of characters

Ash Palmisciano, who plays Matty Barton, spoke exclusively to Digital Spy about Emmerdale's Christmas episodes during a red carpet chat at the Inside Soap Awards in September.

Ash told us: "We're just starting the December episodes, we're filming them today.

"I think what's really cool is it involves, this year, a lot of the cast at Christmas."

He added: "I don't want to sound boring, I don't want to give it away and spoil it for everyone! But there's going to be a lot going on with some major characters.

"The favourites that our fans love are going to be very busy at Christmas."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...ght-christmas/

Emmerdale has revealed that Caleb Miligan and Tracy Robinson will face a dramatic Christmas as their big secret comes under threat.

Caleb and Tracy have managed to keep their romantic chemistry under wraps in recent weeks, but there's trouble ahead when someone rumbles them on Christmas Day.

Show producer Laura Shaw teased the tense scenes in a chat with Digital Spy and other media at an Emmerdale press event this week.

Shaw explained: "We've started Tracy and Caleb's dangerous affair. We'll see a bit more of that in the run-up to Christmas.

"What we'll see is the most awkward Christmas dinner ever, where those lot are all sat round the table at the Dingles' together.

"Somebody on Christmas Day is going to find out their dark secret and threaten to blow that."

For now, Emmerdale's team are keeping tight-lipped about who uncovers the secret and whether they'll share the news with the rest of the village.

Caleb and Tracy's chemistry was first revealed in flashback scenes earlier this month.

Amid the suspicion over which of the Dingles were involved in Craig Reed's death, Caleb and Tracy were seen sharing a passionate kiss.

Tracy subsequently felt guilty for cheating on her husband Nate and tried to keep her distance from Caleb, but fans can expect her to be drawn back to Caleb in the coming weeks as we head towards the festive season.

Further details of this storyline and more of Emmerdale's festive plots will be shared in the next few weeks.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...hristmas-plot/

Emmerdale has confirmed plans to explore the relationship between Chloe Harris and her father this Christmas.

Chloe's dad will be playing a role in the next chapter of her long-running storyline with Mackenzie Boyd and Charity Dingle.

Show producer Laura Shaw shared the news with Digital Spy and other media at an Emmerdale press event this week.

Shaw explained: "The Charity/Mackenzie/Chloe love triangle has been bubbling away for 18 months or so now. At Christmas, we'll see that reach a bit more of a crescendo, where Mackenzie pushes Chloe to her absolute limit.

"What we'll see is Chloe reach out to her father for help. Obviously we know from previous stories that Chloe's dad is not someone to be messed about with ? he's quite a dark character.

"We know that he was quite controlling with Chloe and that people are afraid of him. So obviously, when she reaches out to him, what we will see is him helping Chloe in his own unique way."

Shaw hinted that the involvement of Chloe's father will be bad news for Mackenzie after his recent poor behaviour.

She teased: "Is Mackenzie going to be able to talk his way out of this one? I'm not sure ? we'll have to wait and see.

"But I think it's pretty sure to say the repercussions of that are going to be long-lasting into the New Year and beyond."

When Emmerdale introduced Chloe to the show in 2021, it was strongly hinted that her father was a dangerous villain.

Chloe's dad was serving a prison sentence at the time, but he had cameras installed in their family home and had cronies watching over her.

i thought chloe was leaving

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i thought chloe was leaving
    I wish! This is just the beginning of a life of hell for Mack ... hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (22-11-2023), lizann (21-11-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I wish! This is just the beginning of a life of hell for Mack ... hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...
    chloe should just move on, instead of wanting revenge, she knew deep down he loves charity

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    chloe should just move on, instead of wanting revenge, she knew deep down he loves charity
    Yes, I am sure a lot of folk in her situation would do that but then there would be no drama and that is needed in soapland .. also, Mack would not like Reuben being far away.

Emmerdale confirms Rhona Goskirk and Marlon Dingle's Christmas storyline

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...mas-storyline/

Emmerdale has confirmed the Christmas storyline for Rhona Goskirk and Marlon Dingle, with producer Laura Shaw teasing that the former will be pushed to "breaking point".

Recently, Rhona discovered that ex-husband Gus Malcolm had secretly used her frozen embryos to help his wife Lucy.

Tragedy struck, however, with Lucy sadly passing away after giving birth to a daughter, and now Shaw has set out what's next for the characters during the festive season in an interview with Digital Spy and other media.

"We've seen Rhona having a really tricky time recently ? we've recently seen on screen [that] Lucy died just after the birth of baby Ivy," she said. "What we'll see going forward is Gus starting to struggle a little bit with his grief and being a single parent to little Ivy.

"That's going to hugely impact Rhona and Marlon's Christmas ? how is Marlon going to cope if Rhona wants to reach out and help baby Ivy? Will Gus let Rhona help with Ivy? And what are the repercussions going to be on Leo and April? We'll see all that over Christmas.

"In the new year, we'll see Rhona pushed to breaking point ? she's forced to make a risky decision that threatens to affect her whole family and possibly change the dynamics of their family.

"As she's pushed to the extreme can she be talked round, or is she going to lose everything in the quest to help baby Ivy??

Elsewhere on the soap, there has been some recent casting news as former Coronation Street star Paula Lane joined the Dales as Ella Forster.

Paula, who played Kylie Platt on Corrie, will begin filming her new role later this month, with her screen debut coming in the new year.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...tmas-episodes/

Coronation Street and Emmerdale will have less screen time than usual on Christmas Day this year.

Newly-released schedules for the festive season have confirmed that both ITV soaps will only air for 30 minutes each on Monday, December 25.

The usual tradition is to broadcast hour-long specials of each show on Christmas Day, but ITV has taken a different approach this year.

Corrie will air for 30 minutes from 7pm on ITV1 on Christmas Day.

Emmerdale will screen in an earlier slot at 6.30pm, also for 30 minutes.

Coronation Street's episode will be its shortest Christmas edition since 1997, which was the last time the show had a 30-minute slot on the day.

Meanwhile, Emmerdale last had a 30-minute Christmas slot in 2004.

Fans needn't worry too much about missing out, as Corrie will still have three-and-a-half hours' worth of screen time from Monday, December 25 to Sunday, December 31.

This is partly because Corrie will be screening episodes on days that it doesn't usually air in a regular week ? Tuesday, December 26 (Boxing Day) and Sunday, December 31 (New Year's Eve).

Emmerdale also has three-and-a-half hours' worth of content screening between Monday, December 25 and Sunday, December 31 ? including hour-long specials on December 27 and 28.

Coronation Street's producer Iain MacLeod recently tipped the show's Boxing Day episode as one to watch out for, as it features Chris Gascoyne's departure from the role of Peter Barlow.

MacLeod said: "It all builds up to this incredibly surprising Boxing Day episode. There's a huge two-hander between [Peter and Carla] ? more or less they are the only two cast in the episode.

"It's a greatest hits compilation for those of you that have been big fans of Peter and Carla since the start. It picks over every single detail of who they are, what they've been as a couple, what they want for their future and what happiness looks like for them.

"It's building towards an exit for Peter, which is really brilliant and bittersweet and feels like Corrie at its very best."

Meanwhile, Emmerdale's producer Laura Shaw commented: "Heading up to Christmas, we've got some exciting plans but I have absolutely, definitely been sworn to secrecy on this one!

"What I can tell you is that, in the last couple of years, we've done a light, fluffier Christmas for Emmerdale, but this one is quite different in tone.

"A lot of it is edgier for us for Christmas. I can tell you that definitely not every one of our villagers will be sat down eating their turkey with all the trimmings on Christmas Day."

Thread Information