Thread: Gabrielle Glaister joins as Fern

Exclamation Gabrielle Glaister joins as Fern

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...0N4kkT-dmKWMlw

Coronation Street?s Gabrielle Glaister is reportedly returning to the cobbles as Debs Brownlow after signing a ?big-money deal? to reprise her role on the ITV soap.

The cruise ship entertainer has previously returned to the cobbles, for a stint in 2000 which saw her ruthless character nick a man from sister Natalie, played by Denise Welch.

ITV producers are now said to have dubbed her return after 22 years off-screen ?TV gold?, the Daily Star reports.

An insider told the publication: ?Gabrielle was approached by Corrie execs earlier this year. After a series of top-secret meetings, she signed on the dotted line.

?Everyone is now really excited about Debs returning to Weatherfield. It?s going to be a brilliant blast from the past for fans.

All the ?juicy? details of Gabrielle's return will reportedly be revealed this week as she is said to have started filming her scenes for her comeback to Weatherfield, which will air this autumn.

i don't remember her

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i don't remember her
    She was recently in the Classic Coronation Street episodes

Wiki:

Deborah "Debs" Brownlow was Natalie Barnes' beautician sister who had a brief spell in Weatherfield in 2000.

Debs turned up at the Rovers Return after working on cruise ships for a number of years, reuniting with Natalie. She stayed for nine months, living at No.6 and working as a hairdresser at Audrey's salon. In November, she ended her relationship with Duggie Ferguson and ran off with Natalie's ex-boyfriend Vinny Sorrell, returning to her old cruise firm.
    Last edited by Perdita; 14-08-2022 at 14:04.

Looks like the Daily Mail jumped the gun and Gabrielle will be returning as another character not Debs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CorneliusBlanc For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusBlanc View Post
    Looks like the Daily Mail jumped the gun and Gabrielle will be returning as another character not Debs.
    a bernie twin

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...nie-lookalike/

Coronation Street viewers will be rubbing their eyes next week when they'll be seeing two Bernie Winters in a brand-new storyline ? or, more accurately, Bernie Winters and her doppelg?nger Fern.

Gabrielle Glaister, who has previously starred in Brookside, has joined the cast of Corrie to play Fern, the lookalike of Jane Hazlegrove's Bernie. Fern will be attempting to convince Bernie to get involved in some nefarious activities next week and the plotline will kick off on August 26th, following a parcel collection mix-up.

Bernie will accidentally be given Fern's parcel by a shop assistant, which will lead to Fern accusing Bernie of theft. The two realise how much they look like one another and, later, Fern will try to persuade Bernie to earn some money in some sketchy ways.

The idea was actually conceived by Hazlegrove herself after she noted that she and Glaister were consistently mistaken for each other. The plot was later developed specifically with Glaister in mind for Fern. Glaister gladly accepted the part.

In a press release, Glaister said: "Jane and I have been mistaken for each other for years and years. Me constantly denying that I was in Casualty, Jane insisting that she wasn't in Brookside."

She continued: "When they approached me with the storyline, it seemed like fate! What they've written is so clever and I'm having a ball working with Jane."

Glaister previously played Patricia Farnham in the 1990s British soap opera Brookside, while she has also appeared in Blackadder and Doctors. This also isn't her first outing in Corrie, either. Back in 2000, Glaister appeared as Debs Brownlow, the sister of Denise Welch's Natalie Horrocks.

Hazlewick herself said that she started thinking it "might be fun" to have Glaister return to the show as a secret twin or doppelg?nger to Bernie.

Hazelwick said: ?I was so chuffed when they told me that they had devised this storyline and that Gabby was on board."

Thread Information