Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naomi (Karene Peter)

Exclamation Naomi (Karene Peter)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...-first-scenes/

Emmerdale newcomer Karene Peter has opened up about filming her first scenes as Naomi, Charles Anderson's daughter.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other press, the actress teased her character, saying "she's got a bit of an edge and she's a little bit misunderstood", before hinting at the "intense" first scenes between her and Kevin Mathurin, who plays Charles on the soap.

"Kevin and I get on very very well and one of my first scenes is finding out that he's my dad, and it's all very intense between us," she said.

"We haven't got to the bit where we've resolved our relationship yet so it's a bit intense between us."

She added: "My first day was shooting scenes where I find out about that and I have an argument with the bar manager because Naomi has got a bit of an edge. So that was really fun."

Peter also praised the cast and crew for being so "welcoming" and making joining the long-running show "almost very simple" for her, saying: "I feel like I should have been nervous but I really wasn't because everyone was great."

Her first scene on set also happened to be Naomi's first meeting with her father who, unbeknownst to her, was watching her get into an argument with her manager.

However, when things got a bit heated and Charles decided to intervene, his emotions got the better of him and he blurted out his true identity.

"That shocks me to my core a little bit," said Peter. "I don't know how to react to it in that moment. I react to it but I don't say anything. I leave the scene where we're left feeling like 'what's going to happen now?' because a bomb has been dropped in a situation where she didn't expect that to happen."

The actress went on to describe her character as "a bit of a rebel" and going through her own bout of angst, revealing it's "not necessarily about the fact she's adopted because her adoptive family are loving and she's grown up in a loving home".

"But I just think there's slight abandonment issues there with her dad and her mum," she added. "[Her relationship with her mother] is an improvement on what it was but maybe not exactly rose-tinted, fairytale, mother/daughter relationship. I think maybe Esme feels that they may be closer than Naomi feels that they are.

But, for now, as far as Naomi knows "Charles didn't want anything to do with her after finding out about her", which can't be that great of a foundation for a first meeting.

"That's informed Naomi's initial impression of her biological dad, which isn't a great one," Peter told Digital Spy.

nicola attacker?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    nicola attacker?
    Yes, she is the one that said Sorry to Nicola at the end of the attack

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (07-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Yes, she is the one that said Sorry to Nicola at the end of the attack
    Already don't like her, much to full of herself, and has all the answers to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    Already don't like her, much to full of herself, and has all the answers to everything.
    She is a very angry young woman, for sure

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (09-07-2022)

Where is the mother, Esme?

She is being portrayed as such a horrible character but can't help feeling that in a year's time she will have done something nice and suddenly she will become a popular character

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She is being portrayed as such a horrible character but can't help feeling that in a year's time she will have done something nice and suddenly she will become a popular character
    She will have to face Nicola at some time

Naomi and Nicola

Naomi and Nate are getting flirty with each other, but Charles?s attempts to meddle in this fledgling relationship aren?t appreciated. In fact, Naomi goes so far as to say that it?s too late for Charles to be issuing fatherly advice.

Naomi is, though, embedding herself more in village life and will be seen getting offered a job at the caf?. But despite initially settling in well, events will take a disturbing turn when a spooked Nicola recognises Naomi?s voice and trainers from the day of her assault. Has she finally found her attacker?

I cannot take to the character but imagine she will be there for a good while yet....

Thread Information