Thread: Glenda (Jodie Prenger)

Exclamation Glenda (Jodie Prenger)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...rth-storyline/

Coronation Street will introduce Jodie Prenger as George Shuttleworth's sister Glenda later this summer.

She's described as a cruise performer fresh off the boat who anchors down behind the bar of The Rovers ? just in time to help her brother during a particularly tough period.

Prenger beat the likes of Jessie Buckley to become the winner of I'd Do Anything back in 2008, grabbing the role of Nancy in Oliver, before embarking on a successful West End career. Coincidentally, she appeared in Corrie stage show Street of Dreams, playing the role of Elsie Tanner.

Taking a break from the Weatherfield set, the actress said of her casting: "I know I sound like a soppy sod, but it's been on my bucket list to be in Coronation Street since I was little. It's an honour, it truly is a very special moment in my life.

"To be part of something my family and I have loved for so long. And what a character, oh I have to say, total dream part. I can't wait for you all to meet fun and sassy Glenda, George Shuttleworth's sister.

"I love Tony Maudsley already, what a fella! Your first day on the cobbles is one of the most nerve-wracking experiences you'll go though and everyone was just so gloriously lovely, kind and welcoming. It was, and is, everything I expected, and more."

Chipping in, the soap's executive producer Iain MacLeod teased: "Glenda sails in fresh from the cruise ships with a whiff of the exotic, quickly making best friends and enemies in equal measure.

"The character is loads of fun and has echoes of classic Coronation Street females of old. Jodie is a fabulous talent and we are all very excited to have her aboard. She has felt very Corrie since the moment she stepped onto set and I think the viewers will love her."

Fans will get to meet Glenda in early August.

im liking glenda

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    im liking glenda
    I hope she stays a while and makes regular comebacks as I imagine she will go on singing tours ever so often

Hope Mill Theatre announce new concert version of Gypsy starring Jodie Prenger as Rose at the Opera House Manchester. Hope Mill Theatre has announced a one night concert production of Gypsy, starring Jodie Prenger as Rose, will play the Opera House, Manchester on Sunday 25th February 2024.
    Last edited by Perdita; 27-11-2023 at 05:50.

Thread Information