Thread: Avery Baker (Omar Lye-Fook), Felix Baker (Matthew Morrison),Finlay Baker (Ashley Byam

Exclamation Avery Baker (Omar Lye-Fook), Felix Baker (Matthew Morrison),Finlay Baker (Ashley Byam

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eas...ephews-arrive/

EastEnders is bringing in Mitch Baker's brother and nephews in a cast shake-up.

Following on the heels of reports that Lola Pearce may be written out of the BBC series, soap bosses are actually planning to expand the extended Baker-Taylor family once again this summer.

Mitch (Roger Griffiths) will be surprised by the arrival of his estranged brother Avery ('There's Nothing Like This' singer Omar Lye-Fook) and nephews Felix and Finlay (Matthew Morrison and Ashley Byam).

While Mitch shows unconditional love and support to his nephews, he has a tense relationship with brother Avery that may cause problems for him in the Square.

"I've been watching EastEnders since I was at school so it's such a surreal experience to now be part of the show," Omar Lye-Fook said today. "I'm having so much fun and it's an honour to be working alongside this incredible cast."

Avery has a much different personality than his humble and caring brother Mitch, leaving the Walford resident with questions about why his sibling recently showed up.

Nephew Felix is also quick with a witty retort while Finlay will discover his charm will only get him so far in the Square. The brothers always have each other's backs in difficult times.

"It's an honour to be a part of such a legendary show that I grew up watching. It hasn't quite sunk in yet, and I don't think it ever will," Matthew Morrison admitted. "I'm having a ball getting to grips with Felix and cannot wait for you all to meet him!"

New co-star Ashley Byam added: "I'm very excited to be joining the Square. Like many people I grew up with EastEnders; it was almost like an unspoken family tradition. My mum and I sat there together watching so many incredible and iconic storylines.

"So to now be joining this classic British TV drama is an honour, and I'm truly grateful. I can't wait for everyone to meet Finlay and see what lies ahead for him."

These newcomers add some more ties within the Baker-Taylor following a series of cast exits over the last few years.

Karen's son Keanu is currently on the run from the Mitchell family, while the former couple's daughter Chantelle was killed by her abusive husband Gray in 2020. Earlier this year, the pair's younger son Keegan left the Square after reuniting with wife Tiffany Butcher.

The new additions to the Baker-Taylor family will arrive this summer, with the cast already filming.

EastEnders' executive producer Chris Clenshaw added: "The Baker family bring a fresh, fierce, fun and exciting energy to the Square. Felix and Finlay are two very different firecrackers and, yes, these brothers fall out, take the mick and challenge each other, but none of that compares to their unswerving love and loyalty they have for one another.

"They may be charming young men, full of sass, swagger and strength but these brothers are Bakers and, like their father, Avery, have their own unique way of surviving.

"Omar, Matthew and Ashley all bring star quality to EastEnders and we?re excited to see them bring Avery, Felix and Finlay to life. The Baker family are the just the start of some new faces landing in Walford later this year ? so watch this space?"

EastEnders airs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7.30pm on BBC One and streams on BBC iPlayer.

avery dies

Thread Information