Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Reid

Stephen Reid

Audrey's son Stephen returns to Coronation Street after 15 years in big new story

As the pair are reunited, with Stephen having spent 15 years away from the cobbles, just what has brought him home and what does he want from his mum?

Todd Boyce is reprising the role as Stephen Reid, his first appearance in the show was back in 1996.

Stephen is the son of Audrey and her ex Geoff Masters ? and the half-brother of Gail Platt (Helen Worth).

Metro.co.uk can exclusively confirm that Stephen is back in a long term role, bringing a big new story to Audrey and the Platt family

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-recast-fears/

Coronation Street returnee Todd Boyce was concerned his character Stephen Reid would be recast.

Having not played Audrey Roberts' son for 15 years, doubts might naturally linger in your mind a bit.

While opening up about his long-awaited reappearance in Weatherfield, Reid spoke candidly about his fears.

"I watched the show all the time. I have ever since I was a kid in Australia, it was always on. Then I did it in 1996 and I've never stopped watching," the soap star revealed.

"I think I was living in fear that they might replace me and get someone else to play Stephen, if I was not available and they needed him to come back. Then in December, my agent said he got a call with an availability check for me to return and [asked], 'Was I interested?'

"I said I definitely was and then in January I had a Zoom call with [Corrie executive producer] Iain MacLeod, who told me about his plans for the character and I knew it was something I wanted to do, no doubt about it at all. I had a wonderful time last time, so I was excited to come back."

Further along, the star got onto the subject of reuniting with his old castmates, such as Tina O'Brien (Sarah Platt) and Jack P Shepherd (David Platt).

"It is absolutely wonderful," he said. "Everyone is older but the biggest change is Tina and Jack, they were out and about partying, going down to London with all the other young ones back then, and now they have children and are grown-ups!

"And doing scenes with Helen [Worth, who plays Gail Platt] and Sue [Nicholls, who plays Audrey] is making me feel very calm. It was a bit scary at first being back, but once I started working with them all I felt calm."

Stephen will make his grand return next week.

will stephen clean out audrey, carla and elaine ?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    will stephen clean out audrey, carla and elaine ?
    I cannot see him having come back just to look after his mom ... every character appearing to be kind and caring in soapland has a grim and dark secret... guess his business is failing and he needs capital injection ... would not mind being totally surprised just for once by no dealings behind anyone's back but I have just seen a pig fly past ...

I'm really looking forward to the eventual introduction of his wife Gabrielle, surely she's going to make an appearance at some point? She was first named all the way back in 1999 so I don't think the writers would pass up an opportunity to introduce a new character with such a wealth of history.

will he murder mother audrey for the money?

It has been confirmed by a leaked article that Stephen will inadvertently cause Leo's death later this month. The exact specifics are unclear but apparently he manslaughters Leo and leaves his body in a skip. I've seen a few people speculate that this death resembles Richard Hillman's involvement in Duggie Ferguson's demise and that Stephen's interfering wife Gabrielle could go the same way as Richard's wife Patricia.

Does anyone think that they could be rehashing the Richard Hillman storyline? We're approaching the 20th anniversary of his downfall in March next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusBlanc View Post
    It has been confirmed by a leaked article that Stephen will inadvertently cause Leo's death later this month. The exact specifics are unclear but apparently he manslaughters Leo and leaves his body in a skip. I've seen a few people speculate that this death resembles Richard Hillman's involvement in Duggie Ferguson's demise and that Stephen's interfering wife Gabrielle could go the same way as Richard's wife Patricia.

Does anyone think that they could be rehashing the Richard Hillman storyline? We're approaching the 20th anniversary of his downfall in March next year.
    Leo that is going to Canada with Jenny?

We have killer Gary

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Leo that is going to Canada with Jenny?

We have killer Gary
    Yes, he's getting killed off at some point this month. Todd Boyce who plays Stephen confirmed this in an interview. And by the spoilers it looks like this could be happening between 19th-23rd; "A dangerous stand- off leaves one resident in grave danger".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CorneliusBlanc For This Useful Post:

Perdita (29-09-2022)

Sharon Marshall from This Morning confirmed that Audrey will be safe, Stephen will not kill her... I hope they don't change their minds at the next production meeting..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (01-10-2022)

Thread Information