Thread: Scott (Jason Donovan) & Charlene (Kylie Minogue) have filmed a guest appearance

Scott (Jason Donovan) & Charlene (Kylie Minogue) have filmed a guest appearance

The Melbourne Herald Sun (heraldsun.com.au) are reporting that Jason & Kylie filmed their guest appearance on Neighbours late last week. The story is behind a paywall so I can't include the link here:

The most famous couple in Neighbours history will reunite to grace our screens a final time
    They were arguably TV?s most famous soapie couple in the late ?80s, with a love both on and off the Neighbours set. Now the stars are returning for a final time.

The soap opera gods have delivered the fairytale ending Neighbours fans were hoping for with superstar Kylie Minogue finally returning to Ramsay Street.

Minogue and Jason Donovan are understood to have secretly reprised their iconic roles as Charlene Mitchell and Scott Robinson on the much loved Australian soap opera.

Minogue appeared on Neighbours as the frizzy haired tomboy Charlene from 1986 to 1988.

The show was the launching pad for her hugely successful international singing career that continues without fault today. Donovan also launched a chart topping singing career off the back of the show.

The love affair, both on screen and in real life at the time, between Minogue and Donovan captivated millions of viewers in Australia and UK in the late ?80s.

The famous pair is believed to have filmed their guest appearance on the show at Pin Oak Court in Vermont South late last week.

It is expected that the much hoped for return to Ramsay Street of Minogue and Donovan as the idyllic couple Scott and Charlene will play out as part of the final episode of the show.

Neighbours will cease production on June 10 after 37 years. It has been based in Melbourne during its entire epic run.

The show?s final episode will air in Australia on Monday, August 1 on 10 Peach.

Donovan arrived in Australia from the UK last week. Minogue, who moved home to Melbourne last year after more than 30 years based in London, recently returned to town after completing several weeks of overseas work commitments.

Channel 10 and Fremantle, the company that produces Neighbours, declined to comment on Saturday when asked about Minogue and Donovan?s return to Ramsay Street.

It is expected a long roll call of famous names from the show?s past will film appearances during the final weeks of production.

Channel 10 tried valiantly to save the show after its commissioning partner Channel 5 in the UK did not renew its deal. The search for a white knight new production partner was ultimately unsuccessful leading to the sad decision to bring the show which has been such an important part of the Australia TV landscape for more than three decades to an end.

The enduring soap has been a star factory for talent such as the aforementioned Minogue and Donovan along with the likes of Margot Robbie, Guy Pearce, Russell Crowe, Liam Hemsworth, Delta Goodrem, Daniel Macpherson, Jesse Spencer, Holly Valance, Natalie Imbruglia, Jason Donovan, Ashleigh Brewer, David Hoflin, Dichen Lachman, Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Olympia Valance, April Rose Pengilly and Radha Mitchell.

EDIT:

Neighbours stars Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan ?set to return for fairytale ending? after soap?s cancellation

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/30/neigh...o=newsnow-feed

And:

Scott and Charlene are back! Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan 'are set to RETURN to Neighbours for a ''fairytale farewell'' after the soap was axed'
    The on-screen couple are reportedly set to return to the soap after over 30 years
    They are thought to have recently been filming scenes for their 'fairytale ending'
    It comes as Neighbours announced in March that all filming would cease this summer after being axed by Channel 5

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-farewell.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 30-04-2022 at 23:49.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

CuriousCase (01-05-2022), hollie (02-05-2022), joaardvark (11-07-2022), lizann (02-05-2022), MellBee (30-04-2022), Ruffed_lemur (30-04-2022)

DS article:

Neighbours confirms Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan's return for finale
    Especially for the fans.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...finale-return/

Neighbours bosses have been teasing the return of classic stars for the final ever episodes, with fans hoping that the legendary Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan would reprise their roles for a final farewell to the soap.

Now, Neighbours has confirmed that Scott and Charlene have been back on Ramsay Street filming "emotional" scenes.

Executive producer Jason Herbison said in a statement posted to the soap's official Instagram account: "Scott and Charlene are the ultimate Neighbours couple and it would not feel right to end the show without them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdAPi7Ar...d-046726333b7a

"We are thrilled that Jason and Kylie have come home to play a very special part in our series finale. It has been an emotional experience for them, for us and I'm sure it will be for our viewers."

As well as the statement, the post also featured two up-close pictures of a script with Scott and Charlene's names on it. Kylie and Jason both shared one picture each to their respective profiles of the halves of the script, although they haven't said anything about what it was like to come back yet.

Neighbours is coming to an end as Channel 5 pulled funding for the show, with no other British broadcaster willing to fund production. Unlike Home and Away, Neighbours has predominantly been produced for a UK audience first and foremost for years.

The air date for the final ever episode has already been confirmed, and it's only a few months away.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.

And:

Out with a bang! Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan are set to reunite for Neighbours' finale
    The show is ending after 37 years.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...s-finale-73106
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 02-05-2022 at 02:09.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

hollie (02-05-2022), lizann (02-05-2022), MellBee (02-05-2022), Ruffed_lemur (02-05-2022)

especially for you (good neighbours)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

hollie (02-05-2022), MellBee (02-05-2022), Pantherboy (02-05-2022)

SPOILER ALERT

It is being suggested by 'Popbitch' (whoever they are!), that Scott & Charlene will return to Erinsborough at the end of the final episode and will deliver the closing lines. They will pull up in their car on Ramsay Street and say: 'We're home.'

Don't know how true this is, but we will see...

Neighbours finale SPOILER: Leaked script reveals the fate of '80s lovebirds Charlene and Scott - played by Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan - 34 years after their wedding was watched by 22 MILLION viewers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ene-Scott.html

Their love story captured the hearts of Neighbours fans across the world.

And a leaked script has revealed the fate of '80s lovebirds Charlene and Scott, played by Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan, as they return to the Aussie soap for its final episode.

The couple, whose televised wedding was watched by 22 million people in Australia and the UK, will return to Erinsborough at the end of the episode and deliver the closing lines, according to Popbitch.

Charlene and Scott, who are still together more than 30 years after tying the knot, pull up in their car on Ramsay Street and say: 'We're home.'...............

This is part of what 'Popbitch' had to say:

"Good Neighbours become good ends......

...there's a leaked script that's been going around (which may well be a decoy) that suggests Charlene and Scott don't get much of a storyline, but do get the final scene of the series. The two of them pull up in a car , step out and bring the curtain down with the line: "We're home."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (09-05-2022), Ruffed_lemur (09-05-2022)

DS article:

Neighbours boss responds to 'leak' over Scott and Charlene's return
    Little is known about the pair's comeback to the soap.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...e-return-leak/

Neighbours fans will be excited to learn that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan's return may be bigger than first expected.

The show's executive producer Jason Herbison revealed in an interview that the recent rumours about Scott and Charlene's return aren't completely accurate.

"What I've read is not what happens which is great. It hasn't come out yet," said Herbison told The Herald Sun, via The Daily Mail.

He continued: "Seeing Kylie back as Charlene was quite a moment. Very special and I think for them too it was a real full circle for them."

While Herbison wouldn't reveal anything in particular about the pair's return, he did describe the reunion as both 'wonderful' and 'emotional'.

Minogue and Donovan had played Charlene and Scott on Neighbours in the '80s, with the pair becoming breakout stars before exiting Ramsay Street as their characters moved away to Brisbane.

Rumours had originally claimed Charlene and Scott would return at the end of the finale episode, pulling up in their car and saying "At last. We're home," before the credits roll.

In a recent interview, Minogue opened up about reprising her role as Charlene, calling it a "thank you" to all the fans of the soap.

"It's just thank [you] to the loyal fans who still remember those first few years of the show," she said.

"I've worked with people you know, super cool mega stars, really famous people. And then eventually they'll let it slip that they used to watch Neighbours back in the day and would skive off school to catch the lunchtime episode."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (02-06-2022), Ruffed_lemur (02-06-2022)

I have said it before - I think they will renew their wedding vows. It is the most logical thing

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to its.like.that For This Useful Post:

joaardvark (05-06-2022), kaz21 (02-06-2022), MellBee (02-06-2022)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Back together! Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan share new and adorable snaps from the Neighbours set
    That's when good neighbours become good friends.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...e-photos-73959

They stole hearts as Scott and Charlene Robinson back in their heyday and now Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan have shared unseen pictures from their time filming the Neighbours finale.

Taking to Instagram on Monday, Jason shared a series of snaps from the set including one of the highly-sought after finale script and another of a Ramsay Street street sign signed by the iconic duo.

"So good to be back with this absolute legend @kylieminogue," Jason captioned his snap. "Scott and Charlene final scenes ❤️ @neighbours 🇦🇺 2022."

Kylie shared a similar post to her own account along with the caption: "'Now we're back together' @neighbours."

In May, Kylie confessed that she was initially reluctant to reprise her role of Charlene.

"For so long I was like 'Oh maybe, I don't know, I don't know if that makes any sense'," she told Today's Brooke Boney, before she said that Jason was part of the reason she agreed to sign on.

"Jason said this could be a really nice opportunity to 'buckle the buckle' as an ex-boyfriend of mine would say? to say thank you," the Can't Get You Out Of My Head songstress laughed.

According to Kylie, who left the show to pursue her music career, returning to the Neighbours set in her home city of Melbourne was both "lovely and emotional".

"Driving into Ramsay Street was quite something. I was like, "firstly, where's all that time gone?'" she said.

"Secondly, everything looks exactly the same. Thirdly, [seeing] Scott, Charlene, Jane, Harold ? it all came flooding back. There was a lot of talking about memories and going back in time."

Like his co-star Jason also found fame on the hit Aussie soap and his daughter Jemma Donovan also joined the cast.

"It has kept my family employed for a long time, to be honest," he said when it was announced that Neighbours was coming to an end.

"My daughter is currently in it, my dad was in it. I think we should be grateful for what it's given Australia, it's given actors, producers, writers, directors."

Scott & Charlene to buy No. 24?

Kylie Minogue shares on-set pictures with Jason Donovan as they reunite for Neighbours finale
    They're home.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...nale-pictures/

Kylie Minogue steps back into Charlene?s overalls in Neighbours finale photos

https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-41829960.html

And:

First pictures of Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan reunion on Neighbours revealed

https://www.watoday.com.au/culture/t...11-p5b0ta.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 11-07-2022 at 14:56.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (12-07-2022)

Thread Information