DS article:

Neighbours actor Alan Fletcher releases single with former co-star
It's titled 'Sorry Is the Word'.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-platt-single/

Neighbours duo Alan Fletcher and Alyce Platt have collaborated on a new single titled 'Sorry Is the Word'.

Famed for their Ramsay Street roles as Karl Kennedy and Olivia Bell, the track is available as of today (April 8), with Fletcher also releasing solo album Dispatches later on in the year.

"Like a lot of songs, 'Sorry Is the Word' came from my own life experience," he shared. "I have learnt over time that pride and an inability to accept blame and apologise is responsible for so much heartache and missed opportunities.

"I believe a lot of marriages fail because each partner tries to mould the other to meet their expectations rather than accept each other's flaws and foibles and learn to respect them."

Alternative country dream team Lachlan Bryan and Damien Cafarella produced the song, while Platt herself has previous in the industry thanks to her three albums Beautiful Death (released in 2004), Live from the Vault (2006) and Funny Little World (2015).

Fletcher also said: "I wanted to write a classic country duet. That has become such a traditional medium for telling stories about love and loss. Duets allow for truthful emotional expressions with irony."

The musical bug sunk its teeth into the soap star long ago, as he's performed as a member of Australian rock band Waiting Room since 2004.

Fletcher is on vocals, while Chris Hawker acts as lead guitarist, Jeff Consi drums and Tommy Rando helps out as singer-songwriter.

Got five minutes? Check out a load of other crossover artists.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.