Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juliet Godwin joins H&A as the new doctor

Dr Bree Cameron (Juliet Godwin)

Juliet Godwin has joined H&A as a new doctor. There are no details of her character's name as yet, but there seems to be a fair bit of speculation around that she will be Cash's new love interest at some stage. We will see...

Daily Mail article with numerous photos on set (Including one of Theo with a new girl...):

Surf's up! Meet the Home and Away newcomer set to take Summer Bay by storm following the departure of Sam Frost and Harley Bonner

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...et-Godwin.html

Home and Away is set to lose two popular characters after actors Sam Frost and Harley Bonner quit the show several months ago.

But it looks like there are some Summer Bay newcomers waiting in the wings.

Up-and-coming actress Juliet Godwin was pictured filming surfing scenes on set in Palm Beach, Sydney, on Monday, March 28.

While little is known about Juliet's character, Daily Mail Australia understands she will play a doctor who works at Northern Districts Hospital.

Home and Away appears to be Juliet's first major TV gig, after she played the minor character of Cara in ABC drama series The Heights in 2020.............
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 20-07-2022 at 03:11.

Perth-raised actor Juliet Godwin joins the cast of Home and Away as Dr Bree Cameron

https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertai...eron-c-7558404

Home and Away is infamous for drama but viewers know the real excitement happens when new characters arrive in the bay and shake things up.

Perth-raised actor Juliet Godwin will join the cast of the Seven soap as Dr Bree Cameron when it returns from a quick hiatus after the Commonwealth Games next month.

The 28-year-old was first pictured filming surfing scenes in March on set in Palm Beach, Sydney, where so many Home and Away alumni got their big break.

?Getting a job on Home and Away, it?s a dream come true,? Godwin told PerthNow.

?The fact that I?m able to wake up and go to set every day and do what I love is such a gift. I?m really grateful for this opportunity. Everyone there is so lovely. I get to work with really talented actors, and it?s always a fun vibe.?

She said landing the role was a little unexpected ? she was getting ready for a night of R&R when she found out.

?I was in my bedroom just about to put on a face mask,? she said. ?My agent called me and I literally did a happy dance.?

Born in Zimbabwe, Godwin moved to Perth in 2000 and attended St Hilda?s Anglican School for Girls in Mosman Park and later studied at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts before relocating to Sydney two years ago to pursue acting. She played the minor character of Cara in ABC drama series The Heights in 2020.

Exactly why Dr Bree settles in Summer Bay is top secret stuff but with the recent exit of Logan ?hot doc? Bennett (Harley Bonner) from the show, the local hospital is in need of someone to run the emergency department.

?Bree does come to the bay ready for a fresh start,? she said.

?And so when she sees that there?s a job vacancy in Summer Bay, she definitely jumped on that because it?s the perfect laid-back town where she can continue to help those in need whenever she wants.?

Godwin described her character as first and foremost a doctor, with a ?heart of gold?.

?She?s a doctor. But she?s also a surfer chick, loves the ocean and she loves to surf,? she said.

?Funnily enough, just before I got the role my partner started to teach me how to surf.?

Home and Away airs Monday to Thursday at 7pm on Channel 7 and 7plus.

And:

"It?s a dream come true": Home and Away's latest cast member Juliet Godwin gives a sneak peek of her character
    ''I get to work with really talented actors, and it's always a fun vibe.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...t-godwin-74077

Home and Away announces new Summer Bay doctor
    Meet Dr Bree.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...t-godwin-bree/

Home and Away spoilers: New doctor Bree takes Summer Bay by storm but not everything is as it seems

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/19/home-...eems-17031211/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 20-07-2022 at 11:31.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

EXCLUSIVE: Meet the new medic in Summer Bay as Juliet Godwin joins Home And Away
    And it looks like there's trouble ahead.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...t-godwin-74302

When drama strikes in Summer Bay, you can always rely on the local doctor to save the day, be it a shoulder to lean on or to dispense medical advice to grateful residents.

In the thick of the action is newcomer Juliet Godwin who, in upcoming episodes of Home And Away, rocks both a stethoscope and a surfboard.

The Zimbabwean-born actress, who was raised in Perth, WA, hints at "trouble" ahead for her character, Bree Cameron. But just what that is remains to be seen.

TV WEEK chats with the 28-year-old about what's to come.

Welcome to Summer Bay! How did you come to be involved in the show?

Thank you! My agent sent me through the audition and, after reading Bree's character brief, I was super-excited to put down an audition tape. I was called in for a second round of auditions and was fortunate enough to get the role.

Tell us about your character.

Bree is a laidback, compassionate doctor who loves a laugh. Born and raised in Newcastle [in NSW], she's kind, considerate and smart as a whip. Bree is passionate about what she does and believes that with hard work and compassion she can help those in need.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8dj15rp...e-4ebe32da80c2

What brings Bree to Summer Bay?

She's in need of a fresh start, so when a job vacancy at in the Yabbie Creek emergency department crops up, she's quick to jump on it. Like Newcastle, Summer Bay seems the perfect laid-back town where she can continue to help those in need and surf whenever she wants. At first, she settles into the Bay well ? she loves her new home, the epic surf and the welcoming locals.B ut as weeks go by, we learn there's rather more to Bree's story.

Does she know anyone in town?

No, but she's excited to become a part of the community and slow down.

Bree's both a doctor and a surfer chick ? do you enjoy that aspect of her?

I love that aspect of her! I've actually been getting into surfing myself, as it's a big hobby of my partner. So it's been great to get in the water as Bree.

And:

Home and Away newcomer hints at secrets as new character Bree arrives
    "There's rather more to Bree's story."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-bree-secrets/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 08-08-2022 at 23:01.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-08-2022)

DS article:

Home and Away introduces new villain in Bree Cameron story
    Jacob arrives in the Bay.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...rs-bree-jacob/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Monday's Australian episode (October 3), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has introduced a new villain in the show's latest Australian episode.

Former The Heights actor Alex Williams has made his debut on the Summer Bay soap as menacing newcomer Jacob, who is the husband of Dr Bree Cameron.

Recent episodes on Australian screens have seen Bree start to tell her friends and colleagues that she's married.

Bree has spoken about her husband to Remi Carter and Xander Delaney after they both separately tried to flirt with her.

In Monday's episode on Channel 7, Jacob arrived in town to join Bree for the first time since she started working at the local hospital.

Jacob wasn't due for a couple more weeks, but he decided to surprise his wife by turning up out of the blue.

In Jacob's early scenes, it quickly became clear that Bree is trapped in an abusive marriage.

Jacob was visibly angry to find Bree talking to Remi at Salt. Once they were alone, Jacob unfairly accused Bree of flirting

His temper flared up again when Xander innocently greeted Bree outside the Surf Club. Jacob refused to listen to Bree's protestations that she works with Xander and he's merely a friend.

Back at the couple's motel, the situation escalated as Remi texted Bree and Jacob overreacted yet again, grabbing her and demanding further reassurances that nothing is going on.

Further details on the future of this story are being kept under wraps for now, but Juliet Godwin ? who plays Bree ? has previously promised an exploration of her character's past.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjP0APsP...9-784be8fe8518

Godwin recently told TV Week: "Summer Bay seems the perfect laid-back town where she can continue to help those in need and surf whenever she wants.

"At first, she settles into the Bay well and she loves her new home, the epic surf and the welcoming locals. But as weeks go by, we learn there's rather more to Bree's story."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-10-2022)

DS article:

Home and Away airs upsetting Bree scenes in new Jacob storyline
    The show explores an issue-based story.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...e-jacob-story/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Tuesday's Australian episode (October 4), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has revealed more details about Bree Cameron's abusive marriage.

Show bosses have cast former The Heights actor Alex Williams as Summer Bay newcomer Jacob, who is Bree's villainous husband.

In Tuesday's episode on Channel 7, the soap revealed that Jacob is violent towards Bree.

An upsetting chain of events took place after Jacob became jealous over Bree's friendship with Remi Carter.

When alone in her motel room for a while, Bree phoned Remi and asked him to keep his distance to avoid upsetting Jacob while he's in town.

Remi found this request strange, but agreed to go along with it.

Later, when Jacob approached him near the beach, Remi defended Bree and insisted that there was nothing going on between them.

Remi also mentioned that Bree had been in touch a short while ago, which fuelled Jacob's terrible temper once again.

When Jacob returned to the motel, he confronted Bree with irrational accusations of betrayal and became violent towards her.

A devastated Bree urged Jacob to see that his behaviour is unacceptable, and their conversation revealed to viewers that it wasn't the first incident of domestic violence.

Bree explained: "We've talked about this. You can't keep doing this to me. You need help. There are no other guys. Whatever it is that you think is going on, it's all in your head."

Later, Remi visited Bree while she was on shift at the hospital and was alarmed to see that she was injured.

Remi immediately realised that Jacob was responsible, but their conversation was cut short when Jacob arrived early to pick up Bree.

With Remi deeply worried, can he find a way to help Bree?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in November.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (05-10-2022)

i sort of thought her and cash had a connection even if he was her patient

DS article:

Home and Away to revisit kidnap storyline after show's Australian return
    The Bree and Jacob story continues.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...nap-revisited/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away will reveal Bree Cameron's whereabouts on Australian screens this week following her kidnap ordeal.

Viewers have been left to worry over Bree's fate after her abusive husband Jacob abducted her in the build-up to the Australian season finale last November.

Bree had recently broken her silence by telling the police how Jacob had been violent towards her throughout their marriage.

The authorities then took steps to protect Bree, granting her an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) which banned Jacob from seeing or contacting her.

As Bree had always feared, this wasn't enough to deter Jacob as he later returned to Summer Bay and brutally attacked her new boyfriend Remi Carter. Jacob then took Bree away from the Bay against her will.

Home and Away has returned to Australian screens this week, showing Remi still deeply worried about Bree.

Remi's problems only got worse when he discovered that his best friend Eden Fowler had been seriously injured in a road accident on the day of Tane Parata and Felicity Newman's wedding.

Devastated over both tragic situations, Remi struggled to cope and he found himself troubled by disturbing nightmares about Bree's welfare.

Scenes airing later this week on Channel 7 in Australia will confirm Bree's fate, as she's seen camping out with dangerous Jacob.

Jacob is seemingly keen to keep a low profile while the police are looking for him, while a frightened Bree tries her best to keep him on side.

However, with Bree secretly plotting to escape, can she find a way out of this fresh nightmare?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in March.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

And the new Bree promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcRIoDvzFhE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (11-01-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away airs shock death in latest Australian episode
    A major storyline comes to a head.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-january-2023/

Home and Away has killed off a guest character following its big return to screens in Australia.

The Summer Bay soap has aired its first episodes of 2023 on Channel 7 this week following its Christmas break.

Thursday's episode (January 12) featured the climax of Bree Cameron's domestic violence storyline, as her abusive husband Jacob continued to hold her against her will.

Late last year, Jacob forced Bree to leave the Bay with him, violating the terms of an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) which banned him from having any contact with her.

Since then, Jacob and Bree have been camping out in a remote location, with Jacob determined to avoid being captured by the police.

In the show's latest episode, unstable Jacob was outraged after discovering that Bree had secretly written a love letter to her boyfriend Remi Carter.

When Jacob demanded to know whether the note was true, Bree confirmed that she had fallen in love with her new partner.

Having spent several days trying to keep Jacob calm, Bree stood her ground and defended herself. Her evil husband responded by violently lashing out again, causing Bree to briefly lose consciousness.

In disturbing scenes, Bree came round and spotted Jacob digging a grave for her. Needing to stop him, Bree crept up on Jacob and hit him over the head with a spade.

Bree only hoped to knock Jacob out, but was soon shocked to realise that he was dead on the ground.

Summer Bay police officer Rose Delaney and her paramedic brother Xander were both called to the scene, where they pronounced Jacob dead despite Bree's desperate attempts to revive him.

Rose then paid a visit to Remi, confirming that Bree had been found alive and was being checked over at the hospital.

When Remi rushed to see Bree, he found her in a traumatised state. Bree immediately asked Remi to leave, struggling to process everything and making it clear that she wanted nothing more to do with him.

Alex Williams made his first appearance as Jacob late last year, but the latest episode marked the end of his stint on the show.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-01-2023), tammyy2j (13-01-2023)

I like Remi and Bree

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-01-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away resolves death storyline as Rose Delaney shares big news
    One character's future is confirmed.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...tory-resolved/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has confirmed the fate of Bree Cameron after the death of her villainous husband Jacob.

The Summer Bay soap killed off Jacob on Australian screens last month, as Bree was forced to take drastic measures while fighting for her life.

Home and Away had been exploring a domestic violence storyline, which culminated in Bree reporting Jacob to the police for abusing her.

When Bree then tried to move on with her new love interest Remi Carter, evil Jacob made a sinister return and kidnapped her.

Bree stood up to Jacob while trapped on a camping trip with him. When Bree spotted Jacob digging a grave, she feared for her life and attacked him with a spade ? accidentally killing him.

In recent weeks, Australian-pace episodes have seen Bree awaiting the outcome of an official investigation into the incident.

Tuesday's Australian episode (February 7) brought this tense wait to an end, as Rose Delaney visited Bree to update her on the case.

Rose explained: "They've decided you acted in self-defence. It means they won't pursue charges for Jacob's death. It's over."

The news sent Bree into a spin as she blamed herself for Jacob's death and questioned the outcome of the investigation.

Falling back into old thought patterns surrounding Jacob's abuse, Bree questioned what she could have done differently.

However, Rose's brother Xander Delaney ? who witnessed the aftermath of the camping trip in his role as a paramedic ? rightly assured Bree that she wasn't to blame.

Xander said: "I was there, I saw how hard you tried. Jacob put you in a terrible position. He forced you to fight to survive ? and that's on him."

As Bree started to accept that her ordeal was over, will she now be able to move forward with her life?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (08-02-2023)

Thread Information