https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cas...er-appearance/

Casualty has confirmed Alex Walkinshaw's return as Fletch.

The Holby City actor's appearance this weekend (April 2) was confirmed by a video posted on Casualty's Twitter showing him during his "short visit" on set for a special scene with Charlie Fairhead actor Derek Thompson.

The scene had Fletcher and Charlie discussing the recent death of Jac Naylor, "the nice things that she did, and the relationship" that Fletch had with her.

"I know you were close," Charlie is heard saying in the teaser.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Related: Casualty bosses speak on show future as Holby ends

"Well, as close as she'd let anyone get," Fletch responds.

Walkinshaw, who played Adrian 'Fletch' Fletcher on Casualty in 2012, left the show two years later to star in its consecutive spin-off Holby City.

Since then, he has made periodical appearances on the BBC show.

But, the actor admitted, despite being away "for quite some time", it was "lovely coming back" to his roots.

"A lot of the crew are the same," he said. "Some of the actors are the same, new people that have started I know, so it's all very familiar and welcoming."

Walkinshaw also touched upon Holby's emotional last episode this week, which saw the medical drama take a final bow after after 23 years on air.

The finale left many fans in tears as old characters returned and Jac Naylor took her last breath. According to the actor, the atmosphere was just as heavy on set.

"Filming our last scenes on Holby were tough," he said. "It was emotional for everyone.

"Times were fun but tinged with sadness."

The actor also spoke the chances of future appearances of his character on Casualty ? and maybe other old timers, too.

He said: "There may be people popping up in Casualty, we just don't know.

"And I'm not saying that as a teaser, I actually don't know."