Thread: Suzy (Martelle Edinborough)

Exclamation Suzy (Martelle Edinborough)

https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/30/emmer...zM-OWOzzU4ayMc

It looks like there?s a new romance coming up for Vanessa (Michelle Hardwick) on Emmerdale, as a new woman comes into her life in the form of Suzy, who is played by newcomer Martelle Edinborough.

We first catch a glimpse of Suzy when Vanessa bumps into her while carrying a cake. The next week they met up again at the Woolpack and the conversation soon become flirtatious as an instant attraction develops.

Martelle Edinborough told us that there are immediate sparks between the pair. ?I think Susie is pleasantly surprised with Vanessa, she?s got something about her that Susie likes and she?s not quite sure what as yet. But there is definitely an attraction there. So there is potential for something romantic.?

Martelle says she loves her character. ?Susie is like a whirlwind of fun, she?s very confident and runs her own business,? she says. ?She?s confident and gregarious and fun to be around. She doesn?t take any nonsense at the same time and she likes to get what she wants. She?s a really fun character to play so I?m looking forward to all the different stuff that?s coming up for her.?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...love-interest/

Emmerdale has cast a new love interest for Vanessa Woodfield, who will be seen on screen for the first time this week.

In upcoming scenes, Vanessa (Michelle Hardwick) will briefly bump into a woman named Suzy and accidentally ruin the cake that she is carrying.

Despite this slightly mortifying introduction, when Vanessa and Suzy bump into each other again next week, they enjoy a flirty interaction and Vanessa is secretly pleased when she secures a dinner with the newcomer.

Could this be the start of a beautiful new romance for Vanessa?

Star Martelle Edinborough, who has taken on the role of Suzy, spoke to Digital Spy and other media about her new character, saying that she has found her Emmerdale experience "just amazing" so far.

"My feet haven't quite touched the ground yet, I'm still on this massive cloud high up in the sky, but it's been going really, really good," she said. "It's just like a family, and it sounds so clich? but it really is and everyone is so lovely and welcoming and helps you settle in really nicely."

Martelle also teased details about what we can expect from Suzy, calling her "a whirlwind of fun".

"She's very confident and runs her own business," she said. "She's confident and gregarious and fun to be around. She doesn't take any nonsense at the same time and she likes to get what she wants.

"She's a really fun character to play, so I'm looking forward to all the different stuff that's coming up for her."

So, what is coming up for Suzy? According to Martelle, romance could potentially be on the cards for her and Vanessa.

"I think so," she said, when asked whether the pair have a connection. "I think Suzy is pleasantly surprised with Vanessa, she's got something about her that Suzy likes and she's not quite sure what as yet.

"But there is definitely an attraction there. So there is potential for something romantic."

The star also joked that she had a very dramatic reaction to landing the role of Suzy, saying that she "nearly fainted" when she heard the news.

"I'd just got out of the shower and I saw my phone ringing and it was my agent," she said. "She did the usual of 'Oh hi, how are you doing?' and then she was like, 'You got it!' and I literally dropped to my knees and let out a few expletives, as you do.

"But yeah, I was absolutely over the moon and overjoyed."

She added that, as an actor from Yorkshire, Emmerdale has always been a dream job for her.

"What actor from Yorkshire doesn't want to work on Emmerdale?" she said. "Yeah, I think it's one of those dream jobs. I am from Yorkshire and I live in Leeds and it's just on my doorstep, it's perfect!"

history with leyla?

she has chemistry with leyla not vanessa

the coke head buddies

Suzy's secret

Emmerdale will revisit the tragic death of Holly Barton in a new storyline for Suzy Merton, as a second secret is revealed about the newcomer.
    Suzy is forced to admit that she knew Holly and she opens up to Leyla, with Leyla left overwhelmed by what she has to say.

Is Suzy living and working with Leyla?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is Suzy living and working with Leyla?
    Yes

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...urysm-surgery/

Emmerdale star Martelle Edinborough has revealed that she has had surgery to treat a brain aneurysm.

The actress, who plays Suzy Merton on the ITV soap, shared the news this morning (April 19) on Twitter, that she underwent a procedure following the concerning health discovery.

She wrote: "A few weeks ago I was told an existing brain aneurysm thought to always be tiny and stable had in fact always been of a size that needed treatment.

"Not sure where the error occurred for it to take so long to highlight this but despite the initial shock, I could only receive it as a blessing & refused to allow it [to] manifest into fear, stress & anxiety," she continued.

"Yesterday, I had surgery where Dr?s were able to amazingly & successfully treat the aneurysm, placing a flow diverter in the artery to cut off the blood supply to it, soon enabling it [to] disappear for good."

Alongside the heartfelt tweets, she posted a photo of herself after the operation and continued: "This is me post surgery Peace signs at the readyyy! I can't tell you how happy & blessed I felt/feel rn! Massive, MASSIVE thank you to all the incredible @NHSuk Dr?s, nurses & support staff, you are Amazing! & I am TRULY grateful to you all #Blessed."

In a comment on the post, Martelle praised NHS nurses, who are currently campaigning for better pay, and added: "They really do deserve everything they are asking for."

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Related: Emmerdale spoilers - second Nicky secret to be revealed

In recent weeks on Emmerdale, Suzy ended up in hospital after being brutally attacked by drug dealer Callum Matthews, which left her friend Leyla riddled with anxiety.

"Leyla experiences guilt and fear when Suzy is attacked. She blames herself because Suzy has stepped in to save the mess that Leyla had created," explained actress Roxy Shahidi.

"[She] sees the reality and the lengths that Callum will go to - [he] is willing to endanger their lives and potentially end them, so her fear goes through the roof."

Thread Information