Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lofty and Donna return to Holby City

Exclamation Lofty and Donna return to Holby City

The cast of Holby City is in for a major shake-up as two familiar faces join the staff in the upcoming weeks.

Casualty's Lee Mead will be crossing over to Holby City as Ben 'Lofty' Chiltern returns to the hospital nearly a year after he resigned from the nursing staff to retrain in bereavement counselling in Australia.

"I'm really excited to be coming back as Lofty, I've missed him," Mead said. "I'm looking forward to being in a new part of the Holby hospital and seeing what it has in store for him next."

Max Walker and Ben 'Lofty' Chiltern in Casualty
    Lofty is only one of the returning staff in the months ahead, as Jaye Jacobs pops up again as bubbly nurse Donna Jackson after nearly six years away.

Donna says she's merely coming back to work as a service to her patients since she's married a rich footballer - but is she hiding something?

"Donna and I have unfinished business. She's flirty, brash and ballsy. I've missed her," Jacobs admitted.

Tony Marshall (plays Noel Garcia), Holby City's Jaye Jacobs (plays Donna Jackson) and Suzanne Packer (plays Tess Bateman)
    © BBC
    We'll also meet two new members of staff, the tough-as-nails but good-hearted general surgeon Nina Karnik (Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones actress Ayesha Dharker) and the excitable new F1 Damon Ford (EastEnders' David Ajao).

"I'm beyond excited to welcome onto the wards two new faces, a returning face and a much loved Casualty character," producer Simon Harper announced. "It's thrilling to bring Jaye back as the sparky, irreverent Donna, one of the most popular and iconic Holby characters ever and equally so to have Lee make the 'trip upstairs' as Lofty.

"Keller Ward is going through some dark times, so Lofty's trademark warmth and kindness will come at just the right moment. We've been trying to tempt the talented Ayesha with the right role for a while, and as Nina, she plays an emotionally compelling character with a mysterious past.

"David is a really exciting new talent who in his brilliant audition brought Damon's energy and idealism to life."

All four new characters will debut this spring.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

PollyT (15-02-2017), pyrocanthus (10-03-2017), TaintedLove (16-02-2017)

Who?

For those of us who haven't watched Casualty for 15 years...

Is it strange that I love Holby but can't stand the stress of waiting for an accident to happen and so had to stop watching Casualty?

I don't remember donna much. Did she have a thing with Sam before him and Connie. She got a bit obsessed with him?

Glad Donna is coming back, I always liked her.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

HarryHedgehog (14-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    Who?

For those of us who haven't watched Casualty for 15 years...

Is it strange that I love Holby but can't stand the stress of waiting for an accident to happen and so had to stop watching Casualty?
    I'm exactly the same, love Holby but can't stand casualty.

Kaz21 - Donna had a thing with Michael but wasn't it maddy who had a fling with Sam? But I could be mistaken.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (15-02-2017), Rear window (17-02-2017)

Dupl
    Last edited by hward; 15-02-2017 at 00:19.

Quote Originally Posted by hward View Post
    Dupl
    That is due to a glitch with the site .. if you use the Go Advanced option when posting, it will not duplicate

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (15-02-2017)

Kaz21 - Donna had a thing with Michael but wasn't it maddy who had a fling with Sam? But I could be mistaken.
    Thanks couldn't remeber.

Thanks couldn't remeber.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

hward (16-02-2017)

Holby City's new spring trailer offers an exciting first look at Lofty's crossover from Casualty.

It was announced last month that Lee Mead will be hopping on the Holby City train, as Ben 'Lofty' Chiltern returns to the hospital nearly a year after he resigned from the nursing staff to retrain in bereavement counselling in Australia.

And the tantalising preview of all the Holby City action over the coming months sees Lofty back at the hospital - but in a different department.

Lofty can be seen reconnecting with his former colleague Fletch, who also crossed over from Casualty back in 2014. And the good news is that it looks like he's staying put in Holby as he tells Fletch that he's "come home".

But Lofty isn't the only familiar face in the trailer, as former Emmerdale star Gemma Oaten will be making a guest appearance as nurse Sidney Somers - who will cause a world of trouble for Fletch due to her connection with someone close to him.

And the good news just keeps coming as it seems that Carli Norris has reprised her role as nurse Fran Reynolds as well - although it's not clear whether she's is back for good, or if it's just a flying visit.

Fran can be seen in the trailer being treated as a patient, after the troubled character was forced to leave the department in 2015.

Of course, EastEnders fans will have seen her a lot more recently than that as she played Kat Moon's sister Belinda Peacock in the BBC soap for a 10-month stint last yearDigit

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/holb...er-first-look/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (23-03-2017)

Thread Information