https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...own-joins-zoe/

Hollyoaks has cast Garcia Brown as the village's newest detective.

The village has some formidable coppers in DS Cohen and Saul Reeves, but Brown's new character Zoe arrives when there is trouble on the force.

When Saul is demoted following his obsession with catching out Lisa Loveday's killer, Zoe arrives as the newest PC on the beat in Hollyoaks.

Zoe has ties to the Deveraux family as the granddaughter of Walter's old friend Pearl, potentially leading to some conflict with Saul since he'd been determined to bring down Felix for his involvement in covering up Lisa's death.

The detective is described as a wild child, who is quick to cut loose and party when she's not on the job. Zoe will instantly put herself in the heart of the village by making friends with Theresa McQueen, Verity Hutchinson and Cleo McQueen.

"Joining the Hollyoaks family has been super exhilarating," Garcia Brown has said. "I didn't know what to expect coming into the show but I felt right at home the moment I got here, and I'm super excited for what's in store.

"There's more than meets the eye to my character Zoe ? she has a lot of exciting moments on screen! I've had the pleasure of joining the Deveraux family and working with such warm and talented individuals like Kelle Bryan, Richard Blackwood, Jorgie Porter, Jennifer Metcalfe, Eva O'Hara and more! I'm so eager for everyone to see what I've been up to."

Her first episode as Zoe airs on Friday, February 18 on E4 and the following night on Channel 4.

Viewers may recognise Garcia from her roles in Shameless, comedy thriller film The Weekend and the stark drama In Another Life.