Thread: Kiri Hua Durant (Gemma Bird Matheson)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kiri Hua Durant (Gemma Bird Matheson)

Digital Spy article. Gemma Bird Matheson to play new character Kiri Hua Durant:

Neighbours announces Gemma Bird Matheson as new cast member
    She will play Kiri Hua Durant.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...bird-matheson/

Neighbours has announced that Gemma Bird Matheson is joining the show as its newest cast member.

Matheson will make her first appearance as Kiri Hua Durant on Wednesday, March 9 in the UK, with the character described as "a bit mysterious and flirty", "very morally-driven", and "a good girl at heart".

"She definitely finds herself in the middle of a lot of drama," Matheson added.

"I felt honoured to be a part of such an iconic Australian show, but I was also excited by what this representation would mean for a lot of people, especially on such a mainstream show," she said of her reaction to landing the role.

"I'm a big advocate for queer people playing queer roles. I'm excited about this representation for several reasons ? I get to play myself, a queer Papua New Guinean Christian. That's pretty monumental."

Matheson added that her time on set so far has "already been such a fantastic learning experience".

"The rate at which Neighbours films is unlike anything I've ever worked on," she explained. "It sets you up with skills you just don't learn anywhere else."

No further details have been revealed on Kiri and which characters she'll be interacting with on her Ramsay Street arrival.

Matheson becomes the second new regular cast member of 2022, after Phoebe Roberts joined the soap as Freya Wozniak.

Freya has begun dating Levi Canning, but her true intentions remain unclear as she seeks to use Levi's position as a police constable to her advantage.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (07-02-2022), Sufyaan (09-03-2022), tammyy2j (12-03-2022)

Thread Information