Thread: Neighbours axed by Ch5!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DS article. Someone might like to post this story on the Hollyoaks thread:

Neighbours script producer Shane Isheev joins Hollyoaks
    From Erinsborough to Chester.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...ins-hollyoaks/

After 37 years on the air, Neighbours wrapped filming for the final time last week, and now the cast and crew are free to move on to other projects.

And we did not have long to wait before finding out where one of them is off to, as Digital Spy can exclusively reveal that Neighbours' script producer Shane Isheev is heading to our shores to join the team at Hollyoaks as story editor.

Speaking to us about the move, Shane said: "Many colleagues have said over the years I should work on Hollyoaks. It wasn't until I started watching the show regularly that I understood why. It has everything I love about serial drama. I feel extremely lucky to be moving from Erinsborough to Chester.

"I still had many stories I wanted to tell on Neighbours, but now I can't wait to share them with the Hollyoaks team.

"With the loss of Neighbours, fans might be looking for a new soap fix. I strongly encourage them, and all serial lovers, to check out Hollyoaks. Just like me, it won't be long before you're hooked."

During his time on Neighbours, Shane was responsible for some of the biggest storylines on the Channel 5 soap. These include the 35th anniversary wedding week episodes, the recent dramatic storyline involving Freya and Levi, and the current David story that is set to take another dramatic turn in the coming weeks.

Expect to see Shane make his mark on Hollyoaks later in 2022. Neighbours will air its final episode on August 1.

Hollyoaks now streams first on All 4, with new episodes dropping each weekday morning. The show airs Mondays to Fridays at 6.30pm on Channel 4, and at 7pm on E4.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (15-06-2022)

Thread Information