Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours axed by Ch5!

Maybe they saw the planned storylines and decided enough is enough.

So, er, lads.. we're going to kill off a young character, bring back Finn somehow, and give Terese and Paul more affairs and drama with relatives of one or the other.

No thanks. We'll make some other shows, thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

MellBee (08-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Danners9 View Post
    Maybe they saw the planned storylines and decided enough is enough.

So, er, lads.. we're going to kill off a young character, bring back Finn somehow, and give Terese and Paul more affairs and drama with relatives of one or the other.

No thanks. We'll make some other shows, thanks.
    This! The stories have been so bad for a quite a few years and has only gotten worse. I stopped watching back in November last year and not even slightly tempted back as it's ending.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to courseiam For This Useful Post:

MellBee (08-06-2022)

The writers are getting really desperate now now wonder its been cancelled not a one of them can have a normal relationship questioning every meeting like they are all silly teenagers

then you have got the oh they survived the death scare only for a couples of days later theres an unforeseen relapse erinsburgh hospital would of been sued out of existance by now
    and why isnt hendrix sueing the hospital for saying he was ok after the fire and now saying he will die on monday
    not a one of them can go out the house without ending up in hospital

In a street of 10 houses there 3 doctors 2 police officers a school teacher a lawyer there was 3 cooks and a family that owned all the property in australia you think the writers couldnt think of any other job desriptions
    but then again if they are not trying to kill each other they are fallling off things and hurting themselves so probably need all the police and docs but you would think they would all get sacked with all the crime that seems to
    happen in front of their very eyes.

every stranger they meet ANYWHERE in the world turns out to be their son/daughter that nobody has ever heard of before.

they did once bring in an old woman who had lived at the bottom of the street for 50 years but as she wasnt a serial killer she soon disappeared .

it really has got rediculous

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pudpullertm For This Useful Post:

Rowdydog12 (08-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by pudpullertm View Post
    The writers are getting really desperate now now wonder its been cancelled not a one of them can have a normal relationship questioning every meeting like they are all silly teenagers

then you have got the oh they survived the death scare only for a couples of days later theres an unforeseen relapse erinsburgh hospital would of been sued out of existance by now
    and why isnt hendrix sueing the hospital for saying he was ok after the fire and now saying he will die on monday
    not a one of them can go out the house without ending up in hospital

In a street of 10 houses there 3 doctors 2 police officers a school teacher a lawyer there was 3 cooks and a family that owned all the property in australia you think the writers couldnt think of any other job desriptions
    but then again if they are not trying to kill each other they are fallling off things and hurting themselves so probably need all the police and docs but you would think they would all get sacked with all the crime that seems to
    happen in front of their very eyes.

every stranger they meet ANYWHERE in the world turns out to be their son/daughter that nobody has ever heard of before.

they did once bring in an old woman who had lived at the bottom of the street for 50 years but as she wasnt a serial killer she soon disappeared .

it really has got rediculous
    For some reason, scriptwriters are incapable of creating a believable, good exit for a character .. most of all the soap's exits are abysmal in my opinion

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

MellBee (08-06-2022)

DS article:

Neighbours plans official UK farewell tour after the show's big finale
    A fitting celebration.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...farewell-tour/

Neighbours will bow out in style with its very own UK theatre tour next year, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The show's incredible 37-year history will be celebrated at Neighbours: The Farewell Tour, which is scheduled to take place across eight venues in March 2023.

Fans may remember that Neighbours had previously announced a special one-off Live In Conversation show for the programme's 35th anniversary in 2020.

This event was ultimately postponed due to COVID restrictions, but it has now been rebooted to be bigger and better in the form of the Farewell Tour.

While an official announcement is due within days, Digital Spy understands that the original show has finally been rescheduled with an upcoming London date.

Fans who have held onto their tickets for over two years will now get to enjoy the long-anticipated show, which brings together popular cast members to look back at Neighbours' history.

Seven other dates have also now been scheduled in for other venues across the country, with the tour expected to hit Manchester, Birmingham, Brighton, Southampton, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Cardiff.

Neighbours' production company FremantleMedia has been secretly working on the tour with live events company Maple Tree Entertainment.

Official details on venues and dates will be announced soon.

A Neighbours insider told Digital Spy: "The show looks set to be the ultimate celebration of Neighbours and a chance for fans to say their final goodbyes.

"The cast were touched by the outpouring of love from UK fans after Neighbours' cancellation was announced. Some of the best-loved stars will now be flying out to celebrate with fans in person."

Neighbours' cancellation was officially announced in March after Channel 5 withdrew as the show's UK broadcast partner.

An hour-long series finale will air in both UK and Australia on August 1.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.

EDIT: DS article with tour dates etc:

Neighbours farewell tour announces official details and venues
    A little bit of Ramsay Street to the West End.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...etails-venues/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 09-06-2022 at 22:40.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (09-06-2022)

Great interview with Guy Pearce (Mike Young) on Studio 10 this morning - 'Guy Pearce is Back on Ramsay St!'. He talks a bit about what 'Mike' has been up to since he left Neighbours all those years ago etc...

https://twitter.com/Studio10au/statu...11354912915456

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (10-06-2022)

And also an interview with Rebekah (Terese) on Studio 10 on Thursday about filming her final scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRq3...e=emb_imp_woyt

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Some interviews/videos from the last day of filming today:

https://twitter.com/neighbours/statu...4QQstSZaeZssXQ

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstMelb/...17207453069317

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Igw...e=emb_imp_woyt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJpY...e=emb_imp_woyt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eywe...e=emb_imp_woyt

Neighbours legend Stefan Dennis in bits as filming wraps

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/202...filming-wraps/

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis says he "surprised himself" by becoming incredibly emotional on the last day of filming the long-running Australian soap opera.

The actor, who played the villainous Paul Robinson, said it was "a melancholy day" as he recalled experiences from the past 37 years, including encounters with the British Royal Family.

The show first aired in 1985 and follows the lives of those living and working in the fictional Melbourne suburb of Erinsborough, with Dennis as one of the original cast members.

Friday marked the final day of filming on the globally-recognised soap, with the final episode due to be broadcast on 1 August in Australia and on 3 August on RT?.

Speaking on the Australian breakfast programme Studio 10 to Irish presenter Tristan MacManus and co-host Sarah Harris, Dennis said he had had to keep a "very low profile" in order to avoid becoming "an absolute mess".

"It's a melancholy day for me," he said.

"I sort of closed the studio door behind me on my very last scene, my very last dialogue scene and... I suddenly surprised myself by getting incredibly emotional.

"I just kept to myself and went to my dressing room... so I'm keeping a very low profile today. I think I'll just be an absolute mess if I sort of hang around too long."

Dennis revealed that Britain's Diana, Princess of Wales and the Queen Mother had both been big fans of Neighbours and would specifically request tapes from the BBC in order to catch up on episodes missed during royal engagements.

He recalled that the Queen Mother had once snubbed the entire cast of the US sitcom Golden Girls at a meet and greet to talk to the Neighbours cast.

Dennis said he had received a standing ovation from thousands of people at Wembley Stadium at a Michael Jackson concert in 1992, where he had been invited to the VIP box alongside the Prince of Wales.

Fellow cast members paid tribute to the show in a specially curated video where they expressed gratitude for being an "iconic part of Australian culture".

The final episode will see fan favourites from throughout the years return to the cul-de-sac community of Ramsay Street to bid the soap farewell.

Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan, who starred as power couple Charlene Mitchell and Scott Robinson in the 80s, are back for the finale where they will be joined by fellow A-lister Guy Pearce, reprising his role as Mike Young.

Also on board are Peter O'Brien who appeared in the show's first episode as Shane Ramsay, Ian Smith who played Harold Bishop, Mark Little who played Joe Mangel and Paul Keane who played Des Clarke.

Among those returning from the 00s era are Chris Milligan who played Kyle Canning, Morgan Baker as Callum Rebecchi, Natalie Bassingthwaighte who played Izzy Hoyland and James Mason as Chris Pappas.

Pippa Black who played Elle Robinson and her on-screen brother Jordan Patrick Smith who played Andrew Robinson will also return.

Olympia Valance who starred as Paige Smith in the latest era of the show will also return, alongside Jodi Anasta as Elly Conway, Zoe Cramond who played Amy Williams and Kate Kendall as Lauren Turner.

Ben Hall as Ned Willis, Olivia Junkeer who played Yashvi Rebecchi and Zima Anderson as Roxy Willis were also announced as returning.

The show is also credited for helping to launch the careers of other Hollywood stars including Margot Robbie, Liam Hemsworth and Russell Crowe.

Also:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...y-filming.html

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/10/neigh...o=newsnow-feed

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

And in an interview on "The Project", Stefan Dennis hints at a couple of extra returnees:

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis hints at two top-secret returns
    "There's even some that we don't know about yet."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...llywood-cameo/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis has hinted at two more top-secret returns for the soap's final episodes.

Fans know by now that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan have both filmed scenes for the Ramsay Street send-off, with the soap also bringing back legends like Ian Smith, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Hollywood star Guy Pearce.

During an appearance on Channel 10's The Project in Australia this week, Stefan Dennis promised that the show's last episodes would be filled with nostalgia.

"The producers have tried to get back as many of the old school as possible," Dennis said.

While it's unlikely Bouncer the Dog will be making a comeback, Dennis did tease that there are major cameos that haven't been made public.

"The big ones that everyone has been hoping for has been Kylie and Jason," he acknowledged. "We've got Peter O'Brien (Shane Ramsay), Paul Keane (Des Clarke), the list goes on.

"There's even some that we don't know about yet? That's not just a secret for you, it's a big secret for us. Nobody knows anything."

https://twitter.com/theprojecttv/sta...ywood-cameo%2F

When asked by the presenters to "take a stab" at who could be coming back, the actor teased: "There may be a Hollywood person and there might be singer-y person. But I don't know!"

Dennis only laughed as the presenters guessed that Margot Robbie and the Hemsworth brothers might be involved, but they are far from the only major stars to come out of Neighbours.

Some of the biggest names in TV and film today got their start on Ramsay Street, including Naomi Watts and Russell Crowe, as well as pop superstar Natalie Imbruglia.

Fans find out which familiar faces will be back on the Street later this summer!

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 11-06-2022 at 04:38.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (11-06-2022), Ruffed_lemur (11-06-2022)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Margot Robbie sent the sweetest gift to the Neighbours set on their final day of filming
    She'll always remember her roots.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...urs-gift-73595

From Kylie Minogue to Liam Hemsworth, Neighbours has launched the careers of many international stars, but one in particular hasn't forgotten her roots.

In a post shared by Takaya Honda, he revealed that Margot Robbie had sent a thoughtful gift to the cast and crew to mark the end of an era as the final episodes were filmed.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeqFA...1-da4f7e9924c6

Taking to Instagram Takaya, who plays David Tanaka on the soap, revealed that the Hollywood heavyweight had sent 37 bottles of champagne to the Melbourne set.

"Like everything we did, we did it together. That's a wrap ♥️," he captioned the post.

"Thanks Margot for the champagne. 37 bottles for 37 years. @neighbours."

Margot was just 17-years-old when she moved to Melbourne to begin her acting career and landed the role of Donna Freedman.

In her three years on the show, she received two Logie Award nods before leaving to pursue a career stateside.

"I love that Aussies have a great reputation in Hollywood. I think it comes from having a good work ethic," she told TV WEEK in 2017.

"Neighbours helped me develop one ? it [the filming] moves quickly, and you learn that if you're not going to show up and do a good job, someone else will take it."

Whilst her character left Ramsay Street to pursue her fashion dreams in New York City, Margot went on to star in blockbusters including The Wolf of Wall Street, Suicide Squad and was even nominated for an Oscar twice for her films I, Tonya and Bombshell.

"If someone mentions Neighbours, the emotion I feel most is definitely nostalgia. I miss it so much - I miss being on the show, I miss being in Australia and having the show ever present. I just have the fondest memories," she said.

Neighbours was axed after Channel Five in the UK, the show's biggest financial backer in recent years, announced that it will not renew the program after this coming British summer.

"We are so sorry to say that after nearly 37 years and almost 9000 episodes broadcast we have to confirm that Neighbours will cease production in June," the show's Twitter account announced in March 2022.

"Following the loss of our key broadcast partner in the UK and despite an extensive search for alternative funding, we simply have no option but to rest the show.

"To our amazing, loyal fans, we know this is a huge disappointment, as it is to all of us on the team. We thank you for all your messages and support and promise to end the show on an incredible high. From here on, we are celebrating Neighbours."

And a separate story:

Neighbours star Jackie Woodburne ?given last-ever words in final scene of soap?

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/12/neigh...o=newsnow-feed
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 13-06-2022 at 01:43.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (13-06-2022), Ruffed_lemur (13-06-2022)

Thread Information