Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Dean (Darcy Gray)

Exclamation Marcus Dean (Darcy Gray)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/emmer...cBDndsUGyqNNnI

Rhona Goskirk's son with Pierce Harris is set to join the soap, with actor Darcy Gray making his debut as Marcus Dean in February...

Have the producers forgotten that Rhona did not have a child with Pierce??? The storylines for Emmerdale are getting more and more stupid and unbelievable...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (12-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/emmer...cBDndsUGyqNNnI

Rhona Goskirk's son with Pierce Harris is set to join the soap, with actor Darcy Gray making his debut as Marcus Dean in February...

Have the producers forgotten that Rhona did not have a child with Pierce??? The storylines for Emmerdale are getting more and more stupid and unbelievable...
    When I read this I thought...WHAT?, I don't remember her having a child with him. What a load of garbage.

A new spoiler

And when we meet Marcus we don't know who he is and then we find out he's Pierce's son. Pierce has written to Rhona asking to find his son who she didn't know about.

Pierce has no contact with him since he was young because he was abusive to Marcus mum.
    So NOT Rhona's son.
    Last edited by johntrevor; 12-01-2022 at 13:02.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Perdita (12-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    And when we meet Marcus we don't know who he is and then we find out he's Pierce's son. Pierce has written to Rhona asking to find his son who she didn't know about.

Pierce has no contact with him since he was young because he was abusive to Marcus mum.
    So NOT Rhona's son.
    When Pierce first arrived he was married to Tess while Rhona was married to Paddy. I do not remember Pierce ever mentioning a son from a previous relationship before Tess

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (12-01-2022), lizann (12-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    When Pierce first arrived he was married to Tess while Rhona was married to Paddy. I do not remember Pierce ever mentioning a son from a previous relationship before Tess
    This is all very confusing as according to Emmerdale itself, Pierce Harris never had any children and didn't want any as his own father had been abusive to his mother, bur he did have 2 younger sisters. Perhaps the Emmerdale writers haven't read their own bio. lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-01-2022)

looks more like a brother as old as pierce

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...nce-storyline/

Pierce Harris's son Marcus Dean is about to flirt his way around Emmerdale village.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media, the soap's producer Jane Hudson teased what's on the horizon for Darcy Grey's newcomer, who arrives on the scene in early February.

"When we meet Marcus, we don't know who he is but then we find out he is Pierce's son. Pierce has written to Rhona [Goskirk] asking to find his son, who she didn't know about.

"Pierce has had no contact with him since he was young because he was abusive to Marcus's mum," she revealed.

"This young man turns up on Rhona's doorstep and she makes the wrong decision to not tell Marlon [Dingle] about it. Vanessa [Woodfield's] not very happy that Marcus is there.

"We will have to wait and see whether Marcus is a chip off the old block or whether he's the polar opposite of Pierce."

Although she couldn't dive too deep, Hudson did also go on to note: "I will say that he is going to be involved with one of our villagers ? so watch this space as a new romance blossoms.

"There will also be someone else new in Rhona's life appearing but I'm not telling you that one! Rhona's going to be having two new characters appearing in her life."

Addressing the arrival of this mysterious character, fellow producer Kate Brooks previously said: "We're delighted to welcome Darcy to the show and we're sure he'll certainly make quite the impression on villagers and viewers alike."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (05-02-2022)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...ce-son-marcus/

New Emmerdale star Darcy Grey has opened up a bit about his new character Marcus Dean, the son of evil Pierce Harris.

The star, who is set to make his debut on the soap next month, was announced to be joining the cast earlier this month, and will be part of a gripping storyline with Rhona Goskirk, whose ex-husband Pierce is in prison.

The emergence of Marcus will no doubt be difficult for Rhona, who thought she had put the dark period in the past, with questions raised over whether she can let Marcus into her life.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media about his character, however, Darcy described him as "interesting", while also a "bit of an outcast".

"He doesn't necessarily know what his position is and the interesting point at this part of the storyline is that all of a sudden it has shifted what he thought was a calm life," he explained.

"He's got himself a job, he knows where his mum lives and he thought he knew where he was and then all of a sudden this piece of information comes through about his dad and it's just shifted things and reverted it back to this unstable position for him.

"The reason I think he's an outcast is because he's always had that pressure from his dad. He left when he was so young and so he never had that clear path that a lot of people do have, usually, and so now that he has come to the village, it's kind of an open book as to where the next stage of Marcus goes, so that's why I think it's quite an exciting point in his life."

However, Darcy went on to suggest that Marcus may not be completely different from his evil father, saying: "I think we all don't think that we're like our parents in real life.

"Me and my dad, I know him very well but I didn't grow up with him and so there's always been a separation even though we've been empathetically close but I've always thought 'I'm not really like him, I'm definitely like my mum.'

"But as I'm growing slightly older, I'm noticing little bits that I'm like 'My dad reacts like that, my dad does those sorts of things' so I think Marcus likes to think he's nothing like his dad but I think that instinctual thing comes out of him through the story, that's the bit that we'll tend to see that he is quite similar to his dad at some point."

As for joining the Emmerdale cast, Darcy admitted it was "still very much a pinch-yourself type of moment".

"I don't think it's even sunk in now and I've done quite a bit of filming with Zoe [Henry] and Mark [Charnock]," he said.

"You just feel lucky to be part of an ensemble because I was having a chat with my agent beforehand, I was dying to do some theatre, something to work in and amongst a group of people because that's the bit that I personally find quite a lot of fun and she literally delivered because everyone so far that I've met has been so lovely and even though it's a different type of aesthetic when you're filming during this pandemic, it still feels like a big strong family so its lovely to come in and see all the smiley faces."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (05-02-2022)

he looks as old as pierce

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he looks as old as pierce
    He looks quite young to me.

Thread Information