Emmerdale fans will see a familiar face from the soap world appear next week, as Kyle Pryor takes on a guest role.

The former Hollyoaks and Home and Away actor has landed the part of Darren, who gets involved in gambling at The Woolpack.

Upcoming episodes see Will Taylor become impressed when he witnesses Vinny Dingle thrashing Jimmy King during a casual game of poker.

Will suggests that the pair should join him for a higher-stakes game at the pub, and it's not long before some of the other villagers also get involved.

Ryan Stocks, David Metcalfe and Mackenzie Boyd all join the original trio.

Stylish charmer Darren then arrives at the pub and also shows an interest in the game, but is it only a matter of time before Vinny's sudden interest in poker gets out of hand?

Kyle previously played the role of doctor Nate Cooper on Home and Away between 2013 and 2017.

"The people who I'd started with, like Charlie [Clausen] and Isabella [Giovinazzo] had gone.

"It's about moving on and seeing what the future holds. I miss it. It was such a life-changing experience for me."

In 2018, Kyle was cast as evil Laurie Shelby in Hollyoaks and played the villain for nearly a year.

In 2020, he returned to Hollyoaks as a body double for certain scenes with his real-life partner Anna Passey (Sienna Blake) when the show was working under social distancing guidelines.