Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers for 2022 (50th Anniversary)

Emmerdale Spoilers for 2022 (50th Anniversary)

EMMERDALE bosses have revealed their biggest year ever for the soap's 50th anniversary.

Speaking to The Sun, bosses Jane Hudson and Laura Shaw have revealed 17 massive spoilers including three weddings, a shock baby and one serial killer finally getting what she deserves.

Here's what to expect from Emmerdale in 2022.

MEENA'S COMEUPPANCE

Meena will get her just desserts this year

Emmerdale boss Jane Hudson has promised Meena Jutla will get her comeuppance this year.

She said: Judgement Day for Meena is coming. Where she will get away with murder or not, you'll have to wait to find out.

There are still some more twists and turns to be had and some you won't see coming but I think we're all agreed that Meena can do pretty much anything.

Judgement day is coming; it won't play out quite as you expect and it will have a lasting effect on quite a few of our villagers.

I think within the next few months Meena will get what?s coming to her.?

A darker Jai Sharma

Producer Laura Shaw revealed: Jai's desperation to sort out his money woes steps up a gear and he'll go to extreme lengths to cover the money he owes for the HOP fine so will his relationship with Laurel be jeopardised?

We know how Jai can struggle when he?s on the back foot and not winning at life so will this send him spiralling back to his old ways and will we see a darker Jai emerge from all this??

Leyla's hidden struggle

Laura teased: Leyla has a big storyline coming up in 2022.

We've seen her be a huge support to Liam through the loss of his daughter Leanna but is all as it seems?

Is Leyla really coping as well as she seems to on the surface or is there a bit more going on there that we'll uncover??

Vanity again

Laura said: Vanessa is back. Obviously, that is going to set the cat amongst the pigeons for Mack and Charity.

Will we see Charity and Vanessa back together in 2022, or will we see Vanessa head off in a new direction maybe?

I think it's going to be time for people to decide whether they are team Vanity or team Mackity.

Ryan Stock's devastation

The eldest son of Charity Dingle will soon get some devastating news.

Laura teased: Charity is also going to be affected by some heartbreaking news involving Ryan that is going to see some huge emotional scenes play out between mother and son and this is going to have some influence over Charity's relationship.?

Jamie Tate's secret exposed

He might have faked his death and escaped his mum's clutches but Jamie Tate's secret is going to be exposed.

Laura revealed: Up at Home Farm we know that Jamie Tate is actually still alive so obviously that info is still to come out and what will Kim do once she knows?

We know what a tough cookie Kim is but we also know that Jamie is her Achilles heel so we can expect huge fireworks if she ever finds out how much he has betrayed her.

Pierce Harris' son arrives

Pierce's son Marcus will arrive in the village next month

Jane revealed the shock news that Rhona's rapist killer husband Pierce Harris has an adult son - and he's coming for Rhona.

She said: Well we have got a new character - Marcus arriving soon.

And when we meet Marcus we don't know who he is and then we find out he's Pierce's son. Pierce has written to Rhona asking to find his son who she didn't know about.

Pierce has no contact with him since he was young because he was abusive to Marcus mum.

And then this young man tips up on Rhona's doorstep and Rhona makes the wrong decision to not tell Marlon about it.

Vanessa's not very happy that he's there. We will have to wait and see whether Marcus is a chip off the old block or whether he's the polar opposite of Pierce.

She added: I will say that he is going to be involved with one of our villagers - so watch this space as a new romance blossoms.

Another bombshell for Rhona

Jane added: There will also be someone else new in Rhona's life appearing but I?m not telling you that one because Janine says I'm not allowed to.

Rhona's going to be having two new characters appearing in her life.

Dingles rocked

Laura revealed:?Two of our most loved Dingles are going to be facing huge, life changing situations that are going to have repercussions for the whole village, and the effects of this are going to be long last over the course of 2022 and 2023.

The next few months for the Dingles, we're going to see so many things hit this family, they'll be pulled in a lot of directions, and they'll be at the heart of our very biggest story this year.

50th anniversary

Jane said: We've been thinking about the 50th all the time. I think we probably held back some of our big ideas while Covid was so prominent in our lives because we didn't know what we could achieve.

But Super Soap Week has really shown us what we can do. And as brilliant as stunts are - we've got to have the stories to back up those stunts.

We can blow up anything but if there's no story behind it - what's the point?

Our focus at the moment is to really build those stories so when we get to our Golden Month of Celebration, we've got secrets that the viewers are desperate to be revealed, there's probably going to be a birth in there perhaps - babies in soaps are either born on programme celebrations or Christmas so there's going to be one of those happening, and we'll do something epic - there will be an epic stunt because we're well-known for that.

But at the heart of it, the best loved characters in our show are really going to be tested in some big emotional stories.

It's really key to us that whatever happens in the 50th - the fallout is huge. This will continue and take us into 2023.

Old faces returning

With the soap celebrating its 50th anniversary in October, producer Jane revealed that they are in talks to bring back some familiar faces.

While she wouldn't be drawn on exactly who could come back - with half a century of characters to mine, fans will be thrilled no matter who it is.

Never before done episode

"This episode is going to spark off one of our biggest stories for this year, but in a different way, said Laura.

It's something we've not done before and it'll enable the audience to see the story from a whole different perspective to usual.

I don't think I can say much more than that without giving it away.

Special week for Cain and Al

Jane revealed: "I think we can probably tease in our special week that Cain and Al's feud is definitely not over, as we will see in that special week and something will happen that will make those two have to look at their relationship with each other.

So there's definitely going to be an explosive Cain/Al moment in our special week.

I think the audience are really enjoying these two men constantly at war."

Three weddings

Laura Shaw revealed: "Well it wouldn't be a normal soap year I don't think, without a few births, deaths and marriages, would it?

We've already seen Billy and Dawn get engaged on screen and I don't think I'm giving too much away by telling you that their wedding is definitely going to happen this year.

It does happen on the most romantic day of the year which is Valentine's Day, so not too long to wait for their wedding. But will it all go to plan?

Is it going to be happy-ever-after for these two or will disaster strike? I suspect it's probably going to be the latter.

"We've also got another wedding coming up, a third one. That's a bit more of an unexpected twist and I think that's going to shock quite a few of our villagers and ruffle a few feathers."

A baby

Emmerdale boss Jane Hudson also revealed a new baby will arrive in time for the 50th anniversary in October.

She said: "There will be a new baby arriving in Emmerdale before the end of the year, but I think we've got enough female characters in the show to not be giving anything away.

That's all I'll say, there will be a new arrival before the year is out."

Moira Barton's blast from the past

Producer Laura Shaw teased: We're going to see her be given one of the biggest decisions of her life when she?s asked to keep a huge secret and she's going to struggle massively with that.

On another side of the fence we're also going to see something Moira thought was in her past and that she'd dealt with, come back to haunt her in quite a big way.

The ramifications of that are going to affect quite a few people. And again we're going to see her really tested to how she deals with that difficult situation.

The Woolpack gets a new owner

Laura teased things getting even worse for Chas and Paddy this year.
    Last edited by alan45; 12-01-2022 at 12:16.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-01-2022), Ruffed_lemur (13-01-2022)

Who will take over the Woolpack in Emmerdale?

Brace yourselves, a momentous event is coming to your screens this year! Emmerdale is getting a new owner of the Woolpack and, as every soap fan knows, the changing of the guard at the boozer is a momentous event.

Thanks to the scheming of Al Chapman (Michael Wildman), Chas and Marlon Dingle (Lucy Pargeter and Mark Charnock) have been ousted from their beloved pub.
    Which opens up the bidding in an auction but who will the mysterious new owner be? And can they pull a pint with just the right amount of head?

Producer Laura Shaw said: ?I think we?re going to see a lot more pushing and things might get a little bit worse for Chas and Paddy before they get better.

?From the ashes of Christmas Day, we?re going to see a shiny new Woolpack emerge this year and the fight for who?s going to control it will definitely be on.

?Who?s going to be victoriously holding their keys at the end of it though? Who?s going to have their name over the door? You?re going to have to watch to find out.?

Pffft, I am not waiting for that before getting my speculation hat on. Here?s who must be poised to take the reins.

Kim Tate and Will Taylor

She has the biggest budget in the village and she buys businesses and properties like a kid buys sweets.

She loves throwing her weight about and getting many a back up, so what better way for her to show her authority by taking the helm in the hub of Emmerdale?
    With Will by her side, she would dish out a free barb with every drink, even more during Happy Hour. Or would that be Snappy Hour?

Honestly, I?d love to see it ? and Kim as landlady can only mean more scenes of her, which can only be for the greater good.

Charity Dingle

Charity has experience behind the bar of the Woolpack although admittedly she was a bit of a work dodger. Mind you, that?s what staff are for isn?t it?

Charity was as wasted as the customers when it came to longevity in the Woolpack so surely it?s time to get her and her exasperation and quips back where they belong.

With so many connections in the village, Charity is primed to be central to many a pub row and shenanigan.

Who might take it on with her? Well I?m hoping that Vanessa might be her partner in the boozer; she?d at least keep things afloat while Charity is putting her feet up in the back room.

This route would also keep the pub in the Dingle family, which may keep Chas in a job. Though with a bit less of a wage, in all fairness.

Moira and Cain Dingle, Matty Barton and Mack Boyd

Why not make it a family affair? Moira has experienced a desert like drought of screentime recently so placing her in the pub would be a way to fix this audacity.
    But she would fit right at home behind the bar, she will be warm and welcoming, but she will take no crap. And she won?t be afraid of pulling her sleeves up.

Matty can be the amiable one to welcome punters in and Mack can be the charmer to keep them from pouring back out.

And who better to launch barred customers out than Cain? When he isn?t busy holding people hostage in barns that is.

Mandy and Vinny Dingle

Mandy would be a hoot behind the bar ? as she was in previous years ? just think of the theme nights. I?d be there in a flash.

Perhaps the Woolie could do with some livening up and a party atmosphere although long term fans might see it as too far to put leopard skin wallpaper up.

There will be laughs aplenty and bleeding noses with the Bloody Marys if anyone steps out of line.

Faithful Vinny will keep her in check as best he can, although it might be a bit dodgy for him to run a pub given girlfriend Liv?s battle with alcoholism

Bernice and Rodney Blackstock

Bernice has been at the helm before and she might think it?s high time to follow in her mother?s footsteps and get the Blackstock name above the door.

While Bernice might be too busy filing her nails and getting the wrong idea about customers merely smiling at her, she would be the gossip queen, trading tidbits of information across the bar.

While she might be no good at stopping tension in the place, she wouldn?t really care as she would have a front row seat to any scandal and can be the first to pass comment on it.

Rodney would be there as the moneybags of the operation and he would have an eye for the lady customers, hopefully using his charm (or is it smarm) to win people over.

It would be chaos ? but it would be entertaining.

Eric Pollard

We have missed Eric being prominent to the main businesses of Emmerdale, he is a little too tucked away in the B&B we?re sure you will agree.

With plenty in the way of finance, Eric would be quite the jobsworth in there, able to wind up his loyal customers.

Price hikes? Watering down drinks? Banning use of the customer toilets unless a ?10 spend minimum is made?

Oh yes, I can totally see it all. And I would love to watch him getting a taste of comeuppance from irritated patrons.

Nicola and Jimmy

Nicola is constantly saying how she needs a new project in her life to get her teeth into and these two would make quite the team at the Woolie.

As Nicola makes bumbling Jimmy do all the graft, she will be offending the customers, being totally anal about accounts and henpecking Jimmy at all times.

The inevitable bickering behind the bar and Jimmy?s usual giving in to his wife?s demand would give us a Jack and Vera kind of energy behind the bar, creating lots of comedy.

Meena

Meena can get away with anything so why can?t she evade justice and take over the pub, terrorising her customers?

She can snap up the next male obsession who walks in and she can punish any of her enemies with a swift drop or two of cyanide into their Bacardi and coke.

And who needs a jukebox when Meena can just regale everyone with her long list of hits?

The only problem is, the pub tends to blow up when she is nearby, and she is rather dangerous too ? so your bag of nuts could be your last?
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Who will take over the Woolpack in Emmerdale?

Brace yourselves, a momentous event is coming to your screens this year! Emmerdale is getting a new owner of the Woolpack and, as every soap fan knows, the changing of the guard at the boozer is a momentous event.

Thanks to the scheming of Al Chapman (Michael Wildman), Chas and Marlon Dingle (Lucy Pargeter and Mark Charnock) have been ousted from their beloved pub.
    Which opens up the bidding in an auction but who will the mysterious new owner be? And can they pull a pint with just the right amount of head?

Producer Laura Shaw said: ?I think we?re going to see a lot more pushing and things might get a little bit worse for Chas and Paddy before they get better.

?From the ashes of Christmas Day, we?re going to see a shiny new Woolpack emerge this year and the fight for who?s going to control it will definitely be on.

?Who?s going to be victoriously holding their keys at the end of it though? Who?s going to have their name over the door? You?re going to have to watch to find out.?

Pffft, I am not waiting for that before getting my speculation hat on. Here?s who must be poised to take the reins.

Kim Tate and Will Taylor

She has the biggest budget in the village and she buys businesses and properties like a kid buys sweets.

She loves throwing her weight about and getting many a back up, so what better way for her to show her authority by taking the helm in the hub of Emmerdale?
    With Will by her side, she would dish out a free barb with every drink, even more during Happy Hour. Or would that be Snappy Hour?

Honestly, I?d love to see it ? and Kim as landlady can only mean more scenes of her, which can only be for the greater good.

Charity Dingle

Charity has experience behind the bar of the Woolpack although admittedly she was a bit of a work dodger. Mind you, that?s what staff are for isn?t it?

Charity was as wasted as the customers when it came to longevity in the Woolpack so surely it?s time to get her and her exasperation and quips back where they belong.

With so many connections in the village, Charity is primed to be central to many a pub row and shenanigan.

Who might take it on with her? Well I?m hoping that Vanessa might be her partner in the boozer; she?d at least keep things afloat while Charity is putting her feet up in the back room.

This route would also keep the pub in the Dingle family, which may keep Chas in a job. Though with a bit less of a wage, in all fairness.

Moira and Cain Dingle, Matty Barton and Mack Boyd

Why not make it a family affair? Moira has experienced a desert like drought of screentime recently so placing her in the pub would be a way to fix this audacity.
    But she would fit right at home behind the bar, she will be warm and welcoming, but she will take no crap. And she won?t be afraid of pulling her sleeves up.

Matty can be the amiable one to welcome punters in and Mack can be the charmer to keep them from pouring back out.

And who better to launch barred customers out than Cain? When he isn?t busy holding people hostage in barns that is.

Mandy and Vinny Dingle

Mandy would be a hoot behind the bar ? as she was in previous years ? just think of the theme nights. I?d be there in a flash.

Perhaps the Woolie could do with some livening up and a party atmosphere although long term fans might see it as too far to put leopard skin wallpaper up.

There will be laughs aplenty and bleeding noses with the Bloody Marys if anyone steps out of line.

Faithful Vinny will keep her in check as best he can, although it might be a bit dodgy for him to run a pub given girlfriend Liv?s battle with alcoholism

Bernice and Rodney Blackstock

Bernice has been at the helm before and she might think it?s high time to follow in her mother?s footsteps and get the Blackstock name above the door.

While Bernice might be too busy filing her nails and getting the wrong idea about customers merely smiling at her, she would be the gossip queen, trading tidbits of information across the bar.

While she might be no good at stopping tension in the place, she wouldn?t really care as she would have a front row seat to any scandal and can be the first to pass comment on it.

Rodney would be there as the moneybags of the operation and he would have an eye for the lady customers, hopefully using his charm (or is it smarm) to win people over.

It would be chaos ? but it would be entertaining.

Eric Pollard

We have missed Eric being prominent to the main businesses of Emmerdale, he is a little too tucked away in the B&B we?re sure you will agree.

With plenty in the way of finance, Eric would be quite the jobsworth in there, able to wind up his loyal customers.

Price hikes? Watering down drinks? Banning use of the customer toilets unless a ?10 spend minimum is made?

Oh yes, I can totally see it all. And I would love to watch him getting a taste of comeuppance from irritated patrons.

Nicola and Jimmy

Nicola is constantly saying how she needs a new project in her life to get her teeth into and these two would make quite the team at the Woolie.

As Nicola makes bumbling Jimmy do all the graft, she will be offending the customers, being totally anal about accounts and henpecking Jimmy at all times.

The inevitable bickering behind the bar and Jimmy?s usual giving in to his wife?s demand would give us a Jack and Vera kind of energy behind the bar, creating lots of comedy.

Meena

Meena can get away with anything so why can?t she evade justice and take over the pub, terrorising her customers?

She can snap up the next male obsession who walks in and she can punish any of her enemies with a swift drop or two of cyanide into their Bacardi and coke.

And who needs a jukebox when Meena can just regale everyone with her long list of hits?

The only problem is, the pub tends to blow up when she is nearby, and she is rather dangerous too ? so your bag of nuts could be your last?
    How about David and Victoria?

yes victoria with money from diane or annie

Exclamation Emmerdale 50th Anniversary Spoilers (Oct 2022)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...sary-spoilers/

Emmerdale producer Laura Shaw has shared some cheeky spoilers for the rest of 2022 and the soap's 50th anniversary.

The celebrations for the golden anniversary for the ITV soap will officially take place in October, as Shaw and her writers honour all of the incredible characters, cliffhangers and stunts that have come before in past decades.

When Shaw recently chatted to Digital Spy and other media about the rest of the year, she confirmed Marlon's recovery from a stroke will be a central storyline leading up to the anniversary.

"Looking ahead beyond the big week with other character groups within the show, we will of course be continuing to explore Marlon's recovery and how this continues to affect his friends and family," she revealed. "We're also going to be playing another big health story this year for one of our characters that will have a huge effect on all of those people close to them."

Shaw also touched on Leyla's secretive new storyline as well as possible upheaval for newlyweds Vinny and Liv, on top of some other dramatic moments to comment.

"Leyla's got a huge storyline coming up where a shocking secret is revealed and this will have huge ramifications for Liam and Jacob in particular," she said. "Some of our most-loved couples will have stories that will see how they navigate through their problems as strong family units.

"Liv and Vinny will get a big surprise that will impact them hugely and turn their lives upside down a bit. Sam and Lydia will also have a big story that sees them having to pull together. I think the stories running through the summer are very much about strengthening some of our couples and seeing them fight for what they love as well as maybe pushing one or two others to breaking point.

"Cain and Chas is our most loved sibling pairing and they also have a lot going on as Faith's secret from the big week will impact on them. We're actually just about to start filming a really special episode that honestly made me cry just reading the script.

"It explores more of a rich history and how their upbringing hugely affects the decisions they make in the present. Beyond this we will certainly see that not all those decisions are good ones."

Then, in October, Emmerdale celebrates 50 years on ITV with a special week that bosses have already hinted may include returning faces, stunts and even a baby.

"We're still planning for a huge 50th golden birthday in the autumn," Shaw told us. "We're all absolutely giddy about it, it's just our big chance to show everything we do best and make sure every single one of our wonderful characters in the show gets a little bit of limelight.

"So there's definitely going to be something for everyone there."

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...sary-spoilers/

Emmerdale producer Laura Shaw has shared some cheeky spoilers for the rest of 2022 and the soap's 50th anniversary.

The celebrations for the golden anniversary for the ITV soap will officially take place in October, as Shaw and her writers honour all of the incredible characters, cliffhangers and stunts that have come before in past decades.

When Shaw recently chatted to Digital Spy and other media about the rest of the year, she confirmed Marlon's recovery from a stroke will be a central storyline leading up to the anniversary.

"Looking ahead beyond the big week with other character groups within the show, we will of course be continuing to explore Marlon's recovery and how this continues to affect his friends and family," she revealed. "We're also going to be playing another big health story this year for one of our characters that will have a huge effect on all of those people close to them."

Shaw also touched on Leyla's secretive new storyline as well as possible upheaval for newlyweds Vinny and Liv, on top of some other dramatic moments to comment.

"Leyla's got a huge storyline coming up where a shocking secret is revealed and this will have huge ramifications for Liam and Jacob in particular," she said. "Some of our most-loved couples will have stories that will see how they navigate through their problems as strong family units.

"Liv and Vinny will get a big surprise that will impact them hugely and turn their lives upside down a bit. Sam and Lydia will also have a big story that sees them having to pull together. I think the stories running through the summer are very much about strengthening some of our couples and seeing them fight for what they love as well as maybe pushing one or two others to breaking point.

"Cain and Chas is our most loved sibling pairing and they also have a lot going on as Faith's secret from the big week will impact on them. We're actually just about to start filming a really special episode that honestly made me cry just reading the script.

"It explores more of a rich history and how their upbringing hugely affects the decisions they make in the present. Beyond this we will certainly see that not all those decisions are good ones."

Then, in October, Emmerdale celebrates 50 years on ITV with a special week that bosses have already hinted may include returning faces, stunts and even a baby.

"We're still planning for a huge 50th golden birthday in the autumn," Shaw told us. "We're all absolutely giddy about it, it's just our big chance to show everything we do best and make sure every single one of our wonderful characters in the show gets a little bit of limelight.

"So there's definitely going to be something for everyone there."
    Baby for Liv and Vinny?

there's talk of noah killing or raping chloe, hope they don't go that route for him

Metro.co.uk always love chatting to Emmerdale cast members and this year, with the anniversary approaching, we always try and get a few teasers about the preparation for the big month.

Dominic Brunt aka Paddy Kirk recently told us:

?I keep hearing different things about the 50th anniversary episode itself, I think it?s going to be like a 50th week, or month, with the stories coming up.

?They?ll have tricks up their sleeves, it?s been a long time in the planning. I saw a picture the other day for the 25th anniversary and I?m in the picture, and I just think: ?oh my god! 25 years ago? It feels like seven!.??

And Eden Taylor-Draper, who plays Belle Dingle said:

?It?s all very secretive because we don?t start filming that for another four or five months so the plans are still being written.

al a son of faith, half brother to cain and chas?

The big 50th week will focus on a massive storm that is going to rip through the village and leave an absolutely massive trail of destruction in its wake,? boss Kate Brooks revealed to Metro.co.uk.

?Some of our best-loved villagers will be in peril and it?s safe to say that literally the village won?t be the same after this. It?ll never be the same again because the impact the storm has on people?s lives is massive.

?So that is our big set-piece stunt. Obviously throughout this we also have stories which will be massive and peaking across the month of October. Two big centrepieces are the Woolpack and Home Farm.

Thread Information